ISAKAS ashi by Kuskus_Osentogg - page 58

Ancoll

the 12:4 is the time remaining on the candle like brainjt said. One thing you should note is that the time will refresh only if there is a price change else you will need to refresh the chart. The other problem with this clock is that it messes up sometimes, it will display a negative value...

May interesting for you....

Hello,

this is my first post ever in this forum. However, i was following a few threads with interest in the last weeks.

Befor i read about kuskus and the simple logic behind, i was no friend from KISS strategies, because my meaning was that sutch things dont work.

Changed now....Reason >>> i was testing the kuskus method with some little modifications and fixed trading rules.

Here is the method what i use and the results:

Pair: EUR / USD

Timeframe: 30 MIN

Chartsetting:Kuskus H. Ashi (Default Setting), BBands_Stopv1 > Length 20, Deviation 1, Kuskus Starlight > rPeriods 30, pSmooth30, Absolut Strengh Hostogram > 1,9,1,3,,2;

Take Profit: 15

Stop Loss: 25

Enter LONG if: BBands get blue, Heiken Ashi blue, Kuskus Starlight Blue (red 0 Line)

Enter SHORT: The same, but in the other direction.

Confirmation from all indis within 3 bars from the BBands Signal. > otherwise...do nothing or trink tea or coffee. (Candle after Signal is first candle)

Enter at the close from the candle !!

Huge Newscandle rule: >> set a buystop at the maximum + 1 Pip (Huge Newscandles are for me candles with more then 50, 60 pips)

MoneyManagement: Enter with one Lot > if you loose double the next position (max. for 4 times)

Results November 2006: (EUR/USD only)

30 Trades

25 Winner

5 Looser

Max Draw Down 90 Pips

Result:290 Pips

Results Dezember 2006: (EUR/USD only)

32 Trades

26 Winner

6 Looser

Max Draw Down 111 Pips

Result:216 Pips

Testing "candlebycandle"....if you let your profits running >> when momentum takes of and the price starts to fly >>> you can double or tripple the results.

Last but not least: Many thanks to the devloper !!

"May the Pips with you"

very intersting indeed!

josef:
Hello,

this is my first post ever in this forum. However, i was following a few threads with interest in the last weeks.

Befor i read about kuskus and the simple logic behind, i was no friend from KISS strategies, because my meaning was that sutch things dont work.

Changed now....Reason >>> i was testing the kuskus method with some little modifications and fixed trading rules.

Chartsetting:Kuskus H. Ashi (Default Setting), BBands_Stopv1 > Length 20, Deviation 1, Kuskus Starlight > rPeriods 30, pSmooth30, Absolut Strengh Hostogram > 1,9,1,3,,2;

Enter LONG if: BBands get blue, Heiken Ashi blue, Kuskus Starlight Blue (red 0 Line)

Confirmation from all indis within 3 bars from the BBands Signal. > otherwise...do nothing or trink tea or coffee. (Candle after Signal is first candle)

Huge Newscandle rule: >> set a buystop at the maximum + 1 Pip (Huge Newscandles are for me candles with more then 50, 60 pips)

MoneyManagement: Enter with one Lot > if you loose double the next position (max. for 4 times)

30 Trades

25 Winner

5 Looser

Max Draw Down 90 Pips

32 Trades

26 Winner

6 Looser

Max Draw Down 111 Pips

Testing "candlebycandle"....if you let your profits running >> when momentum takes of and the price starts to fly >>> you can double or tripple the results.

"May the Pips with you"

Please confirm that spreads have been considered in your backtest...

tahnk you

emeric

Though this system follows the K.I.S.S. method, it works. I trade exclusively with this system. I do use this system in range and trending markets with no problems. Just keep away from the Asian session since the pairs are mostly range bound - too many whipsaws. I do profit from the Asian session by trading on pullbacks before European session starts [trade with the trend].

Put in two lots with lot #1 set to TP, and allow lot #2 run as far as you want with whatever SL you want to use. Lot #2 is considered free money since lot #1 should have covered both positions, I do not know what they call this....

====

Prior to going live, I just demo it and have never done any back testing. I do not believe in backtesting results since what you see does not necessarily happen in forward testing. I just looked at charts back in time with the system to see how prices reacted. From what I can tell you, the best TF is 30M and 1HR. I do know that waiting so long may cause one to miss those additional PIPs, but its safer. Personally, I trade off of the 5/15TF, but have to deal with those whipsaws...

Other Pairs.....

For a few minutes my 2nd part (no trader) finished the testing on other pairs. (USD/CHF and GBP/USD)

I like when she make rule based tests, because in this case i can be sure that she follow the rules

Results are also very good and the best extremly constant.

May it`s time to speak with a coder to create EA ?

Spread

elepoutre:
Please confirm that spreads have been considered in your backtest...

tahnk you

emeric

My spread on EUR/USD is usually very tight (around 1 Pip) and is in the test considered. Even with a spread of 2 the results will be very good and constant.

I think that the results should be better in real trading because i think nobody will close the position when he see that the price takes off like a rocket. Also a close eye to news or asia session, holidays can produce many pips over the top.

Greetings

et_phonehome_2:
Though this system follows the K.I.S.S. method, it works. I trade exclusively with this system. I do use this system in range and trending markets with no problems. Just keep away from the Asian session since the pairs are mostly range bound - too many whipsaws. I do profit from the Asian session by trading on pullbacks before European session starts [trade with the trend].

Put in two lots with lot #1 set to TP, and allow lot #2 run as far as you want with whatever SL you want to use. Lot #2 is considered free money since lot #1 should have covered both positions, I do not know what they call this....

====

Prior to going live, I just demo it and have never done any back testing. I do not believe in backtesting results since what you see does not necessarily happen in forward testing. I just looked at charts back in time with the system to see how prices reacted. From what I can tell you, the best TF is 30M and 1HR. I do know that waiting so long may cause one to miss those additional PIPs, but its safer. Personally, I trade off of the 5/15TF, but have to deal with those whipsaws...

Thx fo your feedback....very interesting.You use a fixed stop or you decide this from case to case. (tradte to trade) ??

Generell i also dont like backtest >> i have a EA what produce in testing so mutch money that you can warm your house with it because you dont now what to do with it. Forward the same EA loose so mutch money that your house stays cold. However, testing "candlebycandle" (tester in the best case no trader) shows more accurate results.

et_phonehome_2:
Ancoll the 12:4 is the time remaining on the candle like brainjt said. One thing you should note is that the time will refresh only if there is a price change else you will need to refresh the chart. The other problem with this clock is that it messes up sometimes, it will display a negative value...

Thanks pal,

I will take note your statement

broker

josef:
My spread on EUR/USD is usually very tight (around 1 Pip) and is in the test considered. Even with a spread of 2 the results will be very good and constant.

I think that the results should be better in real trading because i think nobody will close the position when he see that the price takes off like a rocket. Also a close eye to news or asia session, holidays can produce many pips over the top.

Greetings

what broker are you using for getting 1 pip spread?

let the winners run..is good for manual trading...when it come to EA then more difficult to do...

emeric

josef:
Hello,

30 Trades

25 Winner

5 Looser

Max Draw Down 90 Pips

32 Trades

26 Winner

6 Looser

Max Draw Down 111 Pips

"May the Pips with you"

NICE and Keep Trying bro..Explored other pairs (especially GU)(nerd) Dont forgot to shared ur strategy here guys.. Sharing is caring..

Try for looking 2nd entry level

Reason: