[ARCHIVE] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Nowhere without you - 3. - page 401

artmedia70:

What I was trying to figure out was whether it was worth writing code that wouldn't be understood anyway...

You have to go to a textbook first...

Write the code and then we'll see if it's worth it... It's better to keep it simple first...

I need to understand the principle of flags, their return value, cancellation, etc.

Does anyone know how to get a long history on the Range Bars? I am using RangeBarChart_v203 indicator. No matter how I wizarded with the settings, I couldn't get the bars earlier than 2 months. Of course, I can delete the last 2 month period on the minutes and get 4 months, but is there a more elegant approach?

alkador:

Does anyone know how to get a long history on the Range Bars? I am using RangeBarChart_v203 indicator. No matter how I wizarded with the settings, I couldn't get the bars earlier than 2 months. Of course, I can delete the last 2-month period on the minutes and get 4 months, but is there a more elegant approach?

A,m,a,kde,where,ygo,get,barchart,to,tweak?!

Hm.

Remove the calculation restriction, save the data to a file (guessing by coffee grounds, tel.https:https://www.mql5.com/forum/enhttps://www.mql5.com/forum/enforum.mql4.com) .

kolyango:

Write code and let's see if it's worth it... It's better to be simple first...

I need to understand how flags work, their return value, undo, etc...

splxgf 04.12.2011 16:31
kolyango:

Can I see an example?
static bool Флаг_СССР1,Флаг_СССР2,Флаг_СССР3; //static or global
if (условие1) Флаг_СССР1=true;
if (условие2) Флаг_СССР2=true;
if (условие3 && Флаг_СССР2) Флаг_СССР3=true;
if (Флаг_СССР1&&Флаг_СССР2&&Флаг_СССР3){OrderSend(); Флаг_СССР1=false; Флаг_СССР2=false; Флаг_СССР3=false;}
example is not the best.

I support splxgf, you could use the USSR Flag as an option.

alkador:

Does anyone know how to get a long history on the Range Bars? I am using RangeBarChart_v203 indicator. No matter how I wizarded with the settings, I couldn't get the bars earlier than 2 months. Of course, I can delete the last 2-month period on the minutes and get 4 months, but is there a more elegant approach?

This is because of the small number of bars on the chart. You could of course set more, but MT4 only works with 2GB of RAM. When approaching 1.5 Gb, we will encounter problems.

For this reason I have to work with such volumes in parts from disk or all from disk. I made a DLL for working with history. It reads directly from HST file. The rest is written from MT4 memory.

You can download the turkey from here http://minus.com/lbsNurMCnjQrsW

I've poked around in the code, but haven't figured it out. The problem is that part of the functionality, which, as I understand it, is responsible for the number of bars, is stored in the DLL.

By the way, there is parameter Backtesting. At false it gives us about a week, and at true the proverbial 2 months.

Zhunko:

This is due to the small number of bars on the chart. You could of course set more, but MT4 only works with 2GB of RAM. And at approach to 1.5 Gb problems begin.

Therefore, I will have to work in parts from disk or all from disk with such volumes. I made a DLL for working with history. It reads directly from HST file. The rest is written from MT4 memory.

As far as I understand the DLL does not work with bars on the chart, but with minute bars in history.

Did you write this DLL for raid or for working with standard charts?

How else does it work, but

extern int RenderUsing1MhistoryBars = 0; have you tried it?

costy_:

How else does it work, but

extern int RenderUsing1MhistoryBars = 0; have you tried it?

I did. No effect

alkador:

1. As far as I understand, the indicator does not work with bars on the chart, but with the minute bars in history.

2. Did you write this DLL for raid or for working with regular charts?

1. It's the same thing.

2. it can do anything.

Reason: