Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 127

Thanks guys have now set it to mode 3

Will look into the info above and digest

This is a great forum, many thanks again to you both for your help

Oh I just remembered another quick question

Do I need the EA on all 4 of my charts or just any one?

keith4444:
Oh I just remembered another quick question Do I need the EA on all 4 of my charts or just any one?

On the 15 minutes chats only for any major pairs you select !

Thanks m6m6

FXDD live and demo

m6m6:
If I may, I will step in to answer that question. I am live with FXDD using Phoenix mode 1. I also have a demo using Phoenix mode 3 with all other settings identical. I had the same concern about live accounts but after 2.5 weeks of side by side screens, I am observing very similar trade and feed even in news time. There is no absolute certainty but I am comfortable with FXDD.

Thanks for that m6m6.

Some other Qs re FXDD live:

1. Do they close all trades at end of day, then immediately reopen them in equivalent positions, as some brokers do?

2. Have you encountered any "stop busting spikes", where price suddenly increases or decreases tens of pips in a second, before settling back equally quickly to what it was before the spike (only purpose of such seems to be to take out one's stops)

TIA

JRtrader

Q. re timezone adjustment

In "How to convert the time-settings used in Phoenix to a different timezone.pdf", Hendrick suggested these times (Amsterdam, UCT+1) as best for trading:

TradeFrom1 = 8

TradeUntil1 = 12

TradeFrom1 = 13

TradeUntil1 = 15

TradeFrom1 = 16

TradeUntil1 = 18

TradeFrom1 = 19

TradeUntil1 = 21

I am UCT+11, so I add 10 to the above figures. If the sum is less than 24, that's no problem, but what about 15+10 = 35? Do I enter 35 or do I correct as per (35-24) = 9, seeing there are only 24 hours in any day?

TIA

JRtrader

JRtrader:
Thanks for that m6m6.

Some other Qs re FXDD live:

1. Do they close all trades at end of day, then immediately reopen them in equivalent positions, as some brokers do?

2. Have you encountered any "stop busting spikes", where price suddenly increases or decreases tens of pips in a second, before settling back equally quickly to what it was before the spike (only purpose of such seems to be to take out one's stops)

TIA

JRtrader

1. No, we are in as long as it need. The trade needs touch SL or TP or until the trade is close manually.

2. No, I did not see that with FXDD. Some brokers may do it but it. It seems that many people complain about this in news time because of increase spread and volatility causing slippage. Some guys here compared performance with different brokers and FXDD is as good or better then others with exactly the same EAs and settings.

3. (Time settings) I trade 24 hours as it is set in default settings. Eventually, I presume, it could be optimized but I am not sure it will change the results that much.

Just follow the forum, contribute to the community you own way and will see...

m6m6:
If I may, I will step in to answer that question. I am live with FXDD using Phoenix mode 1. I also have a demo using Phoenix mode 3 with all other settings identical. I had the same concern about live accounts but after 2.5 weeks of side by side screens, I am observing very similar trade and feed even in news time. There is no absolute certainty but I am comfortable with FXDD.

Hi M6M6,

May i know how are you doing with live trade using Phoenix mode 1 at FXDD? How long have you been live and perhaps you advise the profit you made? Just want to make comparison, hope you dont mind.

Thanks and regards,

J

jeremiahkn:
Hi M6M6,

May i know how are you doing with live trade using Phoenix mode 1 at FXDD? How long have you been live and perhaps you advise the profit you made? Just want to make comparison, hope you dont mind.

Thanks and regards,

J

I started Live February first after a few months of demo testing and following Phoenix forums. January was up 33.3 %. February so far in live is down 8.85% as I am trading live only GBP/USD the most profitable pair for me and a few others here. I will diversify the live portfolio soon with other pairs. I am very confident that Phoenix will give good results. 2.5 weeks are not enought to judge.

m6m6:
I started Live February first after a few months of demo testing and following Phoenix forums. January was up 33.3 %. February so far in live is down 8.85% as I am trading live only GBP/USD the most profitable pair for me and a few others here. I will diversify the live portfolio soon with other pairs. I am very confident that Phoenix will give good results. 2.5 weeks are not enought to judge.

In general, if you trust your EA, it is better to start using it after a period of bad performance, because you are not so far from your MaxDrawDown and then it should go more up. But if you start after a very good month like in January you have the risk to take the whole drawdown at the beginning.

But of course it is easier to start when you see good performances. But I think that to be successful you should do the opposite of what is easy.

Reason: