Phoenix 2007 (new thread) - page 121

freak:
Hello I've also made some change to 5.7.0.

I've added BreakEvenAt to mode3 and applied it to gbpusd mode3 test.

It's improved % of wins by 5%.

Do you daraknor want me to past the code here or you will change the code by yourself?

PHOENIX IS ALIVE!!

Please post code in the Dev thread. Full listing of all threads at forex-tsd.com/phoenix/

saat2006:

Hi daraknor :

What is the different between T1=1.0,T2=0.5,T3=1.5 and default setting the Mode3 in Phoenix 5.7.0 T1=0.8,T2=1.0,T3=1.2.

Thanks so much if u can answer that..

The intention of the old code was to check the history all of the time to see if Trade1 exited at a profit. If Trade1 had a profit, then adjust Trade2 and Trade3 to breakeven. This didn't actually work though. I took advantage of a feature: if the trades exit at SL, they ALL exit at the same time and there are no trades to modify. Why check the history at all? So I have based the code around checking for the number of active trades.

If 3 active trades, do nothing.

If 2 active trades, move Trade2 SL to BE. move Trade3 SL to BE. (This is tracked by MagicNumber)

If 1 active trade, Move Trade3 SL to 1/2 base TP level.

If trade1 exits first, then Trade2 and Trade3 are BE. If trade2 exits second, Trade3 has SL=TP/2.

Now I proposed some alternate settings: T1=1.0,T2=0.5,T3=1.5

This means Trade2 exits first. Trade1 is not changed. Trade3 has SL=BE When Trade1 exits at profit, Trade3 has SL=0.5BE. If the price drops, then T3 will exit by SL and Trade1 is ignored (default TP & SL still).

It is a cute way to play around with trades if you don't like the SL adjustments. If it is very confusing, then it is likely best to use the order smallest to largest. If the code is working well, then I will document it officially.

Edit: real numbers may help. Let us assume that the TP=50 and the SL=100 by default. If the settings are T1=0.8 T2=1.0 T3=1.2 then the trades look like:

Trade1 TP=40, SL=100

Trade2 TP=50, SL=100

Trade3 TP=60, SL=100

When the price hits 40 profit, the trades become:

1. Trade1 exit at profit 40

Trade2 TP=50 SL=0+spread

Trade3 TP=60 SL=0+spread

2a. If the price hits 50 profit, the trades become:

Trade1 exit at profit 40

Trade2 exit at profit 50

Trade3 TP=60, SL=25

2b. If instead the price hits 2, with a 2 pip spread:

Trade1 exit at profit 40

Trade2 exit at profit 0 (breakeven)

Trade3 exit at profit 0 (breakeven)

For the settings T1=1.0,T2=0.5,T3=1.5 also with TP=50 SL=100

Trade1 TP=50, SL=100

Trade2 TP=25, SL=100

Trade3 TP=75, SL=100

1. When the price hits 25:

Trade1 TP=50, SL=100

Trade2 exit at profit 25

Trade3 TP=75, SL=0+spread

2a. When the price hits 50:

Trade1 exit at profit 50

Trade2 exit at profit 25

Trade3 TP=75, SL=25

2b. If instead the price hit 2 with a 2 pip spread:

Trade1 TP=50, SL=100

Trade2 exit at profit 25

Trade3 exit at profit 0 (breakeven)

I have problems with pheonix:

2006.12.21 19:52:12 Phoenix_EA_v5_7_0 EURJPY,M15: Error Ordersend(134):

according to http://docs.mql4.com/constants/errors Error 134 is "not enough money" I would recommend closing any open trades if you have some. If that is not the case, then turning MoneyManagement on, and setting "accountismicro" to true may help you trade, because it will use lots as small as 0.01.

If you are still having problems, please send me more details about your account in a private message.

daraknor:
Please keep in mind that Mode3 in Phoenix 5.7.0 actually *works* so I adjusted the settings to avoid loosing a ton of money. In backtesting I was seeing 1/12 of total risk exiting at a profit on one trade followed by a total loss on the next. This pattern continued, where Phoenix was loosing 12 times as much as it was winning. I believe "protecting" the second and third trades was being done prematurely in Mode3. Since the trades were never "protected" in previous versions, you found that it was working very differently.

If you want something close to the previous behavior, I would suggest changing the mode3 settings to:

T1adj=1.5

T2adj=1.0

T3adj=0.5

With those settings, when the lowest price trade exits, Trade2 will be protected but Trade1 will not. Under previous versions, no trades were protected. An interesting variation would be 1.0 0.5 1.5 (in that order).[/Q

Hi daraknor :

What is the different between T1=1.0,T2=0.5,T3=1.5 and default setting the Mode3 in Phoenix 5.7.0 T1=0.8,T2=1.0,T3=1.2.

Thanks so much if u can answer that..

If the rest of the community does not step up and start answering some of these questions, DAraknor and others are going to get to the same place that Hendricks was - BURNT OUT! So, allow me to step in and answer questions about mode 3. Mode 3 was an original suggestion that I made to Hendrick way back when.

The intent of mode three is to spread the risk of a single trade into 3 parts - instead of trading 1 big lot as you do in Mode 1, you trade (3) three 0.3 three mini lots in Mode 3. Trade 1 takes a little bit of profit if it gets profitable and move stops on trade 2 and 3 to protect capital. Trade 2 should take profit when that price target is hit and move stop on trade 3 to once again lock in some profit and protect capital. Then finally trade 3 target price gets hit and takes profit.

T1, T2 and T3 settings for mode 3 are used to calculate the limit for the three trades. For instance, with setting of .5, 1.0, and 1.5 you would have limits of 15, 30 and 45 pips assuming your T1 limits was determined to be 30 pips. So, settings of .5, 1.0, 1.5 says you need to have price movement of 45 pips to equal a mode 1 trade BUT, you have protected your capital by incorporating stop management on trades 2 and 3 as price moves up.

by changing the settings for mode 3 to lets say 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, you would get limits for T1 of 30, 45 and 60 pips as an example.

I can give you more details if you like, but I believe this is how it currently is programmed to work.

Let me know if you need more explanation.

Mode 3

I see that Daraknor got there before I did with the explanation of how mode 3 works.

The difference between the settings comes in the range of price. At .5,1,1.5 setting the range on a 30 pips Mode 1 trade is 15 to 45 pips between T1 and T3. The range on settings of .8,1.0,1.2 is from 24 to 36 pips. Much tighter range and depending on the energy of the market much different risk.

But in terms of profits, if you do the math, you will see that you get the same amount of profit in either scenario assuming T3 limit is hit.

(15 + 30+ 45) = 90 = (24 + 30 + 36)

I did some back testing and found that one set of optimized numbers would be settings of (1.0, 1.0, 1.7). Play with that and see what it begins to look like. By the way, with this setting, you actually finally reduce the risk as compared to Mode 1.

jwhite1319, you might want to play around with which number is lower. There is different trade behavior (listed in the edited version of my post) depending on which number is lower. Having Trade1 lowest is fundamentally different from Trade2 lowest or Trade3 lowest. Each has different nuances, because Trade2 and Trade3 have stop losses managed in different ways.

To daraknor :

The phoenix 5.7.0 mode 3 open trade at 1.9616 SELL (pair GBPUSD).I am use default setting for T1=0.8,T2=1.0,T3=1.2.

As u can see Trade 1= TP 88pips ,Trade 2=TP 110pips,Trade 3=TP 132pips

Is it like that for the default setting ?

Thanks

Thats right.

It use those parameters 0.8, 1.0, 1.2:

0.8 = 88

1.0 = 110

1.2 = 132

recode of mode 3

Daraknor, btw, I think you have done a great job recoding mode 3. I think you are absolutely right that Mode 3 actually works the way it is supposed to. Great job and thank you.

Reason: