Dolly system - page 10

dolly did great today, but made some wrong entries on cable, any ideas how to filter such trades?

The system is not perfect, but extremely good especially in trending markets like we have been having, almost exactly like the winnning solutions method although that method has nicer graphics, looks cleaner on the screen, however Dolly does not repaint as some have stated here in the forum.

connecting4less:
dolly did great today, but made some wrong entries on cable, any ideas how to filter such trades?

One could be the way I explained in my previous post

According to my charts both sell signal had the channel with positive slope.

txsundevil:
The system is not perfect, but extremely good especially in trending markets like we have been having, almost exactly like the winnning solutions method although that method has nicer graphics, looks cleaner on the screen, however Dolly does not repaint as some have stated here in the forum.

You´re completely right. There is not perfect system. The only way to not lose from time to time is not take any trade. We can´t eliminate the risk, just reduce it.

However mathematics are with us. If you´d lose some pips with first two moves on cable you´d recover almost all inmediately.

Maybe when the test phase is over will be the time to improve graphics.

The only way to clear the screen is to move the information on left side to a separate indicator.

And, discard the lines replacing them by objects.

But, I we do this now, we lose any posibility to do visual back tests about the behaviour of the system.

Regards.

npj6400:
Hi,

Re cable

I live in Australia, yesterday morning (for me ) I fired up Dolly and waited until

Metatrader with Neuimex feed clicked over to start the new week. At approx 00:15 ( 02/10/2006) I took the information off Dolly and added the orders to the test account. The sell stop was 1.8702 with t/p at 1.8682 , this was a successful trade. This seems to be at odds with your Dolly trades. I did notice that an hour or so later Dolly had changed the information. Can you advise the recommended start timer based on Neuimex feed ?

As an example I have attached the screen shot of todays set up - the time was 01:00 (03/10/2006) , can you please confirm against your setup.

Regards,

Nigel

Here you have a pic from Nextt plaftorm, right now.

The indicator changes the lines when a new day starts (broker day)

I prefer to trade since london open.

Files:
neuimexgbp.gif  36 kb

Linuxser:
Here you have a pic from Nextt plaftorm, right now.

The indicator changes the lines when a new day starts (broker day)

I prefer to trade since london open.

Ok thanks - can now compare....

Dolly the next WSS generation

Hi..

it looks good result pal...

I've simple question here..

MAximum Stop Losses:

Long:48 Pips at:1.8814

Short:46 Pips at:1.8907

What does it mean ? Should We take long at 1.8814 with max SL 48 pips ?

Thanks...

====================

Forex Indicators Collection

Artemis

Yannis

Junior Member Join Date: Sep 2005

FYI, an expert advisor with this breakout strategy can be found at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/WWS2006/ under the files section. It is fully configurable as far as breakout range, filtering through optional parameters and indicators, breakeven and trail options, multi lots / scale out positions supported.

Attached is the expert Artemis supposed to work with this strategy.

Enjoy

mrtools