Dolly system - page 48

Ignacio is there any sign of the new version? Can't wait

adrazz:
Ignacio is there any sign of the new version? Can't wait

Well... i'll post some comments about the new version... not ready yet...

today i had a hard day in my job, so i could not work on it...

bout the ind:

this new version haven't new filters... works like the older yet... im rewriting a new code... i made some improvements in the look and feel.. its a little more clean than the older... im loking the way to improve the zones... it have a new idea bout the zones levels (optional)..

im waiting also, if some one write alerts (in an external ind)...

well, now, is the moment to suggest new signal filters send me private message to keep track bout them...

well... that's all at this time, please give me a little more of time

Dolly results

Dolly todays results: I took a lot of trades I shouldn't have but still gbp/jpy a sell for +18 , a buy usd/cad for +17 ,2 sells usd/jpy for -39 (ouch).Market very slow today probably should have set on my hands! Leighton I am here in San Antonio, Texas, and welcome to Dollyville, ya'll.

regards

mrtools

for Ignacio

look private email

Files:
dolly.gif  41 kb

Dolly Stop Loss error?

Not sure if the computation is wrong (because is sure isnt possible unless you want to exit the trade the moment you enter) but today Dolly has FIRSTBUYSTOP @ 1.9024 and yet the risky stop loss at 1.9024. ?? Normally this Stop is closer than the conservative but not right on it :-)

I have cleaned up Dolly v.0.4.2 by defining the chart labelling on the left with daily targets clearer if anyone is interested. I realise the initial programmer before Dolly was Indonesian and some of the interpretation sure reflected this making poorly structured.

This 'conservative' and 'risky' stop loss business is probably a bit pointless since it defeats the purpose of a mechanical system by then encouraging the Trader to revert back to 'emotional discretion'. Also, why does the layout have a stop loss and limit for First tier trades but then no stop loss for the second tier trade if you decide to take it??!

This also applies to to the possible projections and reversals levels, which have no indication of stop losses or limits.

I still have a original 'pre-dolly' that I cleaned up and reverted all code to english which is laid out in a structured manner that may set a good guideline.

Let me know.

Trade on!

FxNorth

Pre-Dolly

Oh,

This revised pre-Dolly version calculates down to the number same as latest Dolly except all Stops and Limits are included, also for correction zones.

FxNorth

Instructions for Dolly system

Has anybody got a instruction file for the dolly breakout system? I am still waiting on a answer about the dodgy stops. How does new dolloy v.04 really differ from vlasholics initial wss breakout (apart from extra indicators)

FxNorth

Dolly is showing on cable:

Trend is up

see pic

Files:

Dolly Graphics

ignacio:
Well... i'll post some comments about the new version... not ready yet...

today i had a hard day in my job, so i could not work on it...

bout the ind:

this new version haven't new filters... works like the older yet... im rewriting a new code... i made some improvements in the look and feel.. its a little more clean than the older... im loking the way to improve the zones... it have a new idea bout the zones levels (optional)..

im waiting also, if some one write alerts (in an external ind)...

well, now, is the moment to suggest new signal filters send me private message to keep track bout them...

well... that's all at this time, please give me a little more of time

The indicator for the Daily average Range and Dolly are similar in that they both use a breakout of a range to trade I can see advantages in blending the 2 indicators graphically and by using the Dolly Breakout zones but also keeping the Daily average Range as an indication of the possible end of a trade, I have put this together just as a possible graphic idea for the indicator, As you can see I have used coloured panels for the zones and added the Daily Average Range to give an idea of how far price is likely to go. I do not mean to jump in on this thread but have been watching it with interest and it appears to be quite a successful system and while reading through the thread saw many people comment that they would like something like this in a graphic display sense. If i can contribute or help in anyway let me know.

Files:

thats actually pretty useful. good work CJA.

Reason: