I am out of here... - page 2

Morpheus:
He's right. If you use metatrader, you are pretty much certain to lose. I'm convinced that Metatrader is software designed for us to lose money. 90 % lose money. Wonder what that other 10 % is using. I doubt it's metatrader.

So 90% losing traders using metatrader and the rest (those who won) is not? Using this or that trading software won't make us a winner. It just doesn't make any sense.

I'm using live account metatrader for last 3 months and my account is still growing although it's not much. It's about our skill.

rocko1:

How do you enable Maximum Deviation?

Mark "enable maximum deviation from quoted price" on the pop up order window, below sell/buy button, you can set it 1-10 pips.

Morpheus:
He's right. If you use metatrader, you are pretty much certain to lose. I'm convinced that Metatrader is software designed for us to lose money. 90 % lose money. Wonder what that other 10 % is using. I doubt it's metatrader.

I don't want to look like i'm boasting, but it is quite possible to make money, especially using MetaTrader 4. I am averaging 1-2% equity growth a trading day. It has taken me two years of hard study, frustration, personal mental growth and commitment along with some blood sweat and tears.. But I have gotten to a place where I finally can see my equity curve grow at a decent 45 degrees.

Lastly, 90% of all traders who trade lose everything anyway.. So what you're describing is true, most traders whether they are trading with MetaTrader or not lose money and give up.

Metatrader is design to allow the broker to pull all kinds of crap on you. That's the reason there are so many croocks being brokers with Metatrader. It's really hard to find a hones broker using this platform. But Yeah I guess they exist.

It's true that most of the winners in this game don't use metatrader. That is in the sole reason that the broker will let you trade with big cash in any way you want (eg dukascopy) DON'T use metatrader.

Actually I would say that ANY broker using metatrader or offering minis is a potential scam.

All this being said, does it make it impossible to make money in forex with brokers using Metatrader?

Absolutely not!

Nybegynner:
Metatrader is design to allow the broker to pull all kinds of crap on you. That's the reason there are so many croocks being brokers with Metatrader. It's really hard to find a hones broker using this platform. But Yeah I guess they exist.

It's true that most of the winners in this game don't use metatrader. That is in the sole reason that the broker will let you trade with big cash in any way you want (eg dukascopy) DON'T use metatrader.

Actually I would say that ANY broker using metatrader or offering minis is a potential scam.

All this being said, does it make it impossible to make money in forex with brokers using Metatrader?

Absolutely not!

using other brokers with Java based platforms are worse in my humble opinion. I haven't come across a platform with so much customization and support for free. There are a few hundred indicators on Forex-TSD alone that a person can take advantage of let alone other websites for free. While all other proffesional platforms charge for everything. The Platform, the datafeed, the indicators.. Unless you have a lot of capital to begin with, forget about trading altogether.

nastase:
I am so done with this trading platform. Two words..it sucks.

I have been using Interbank FX and I am so done with them.

Here is why most of indicators don't work well with Metatrader .

I am used to seeing a candle on the "dot". That is trully candle/minute.

Well not with those charts you don't. Those are actualy tick charts that match time frame. Your candles will stop until the price move again. Than it paints the missing candles. You wait and wait and wait for the candle to show up and nothing. As soon the price moves , you get your candles.

This will screw up with your indicators. Painting the past is the No1 thing will do to you . You guys may put your energy in some other systems cause this one sucks. I am sincerly recomending Xtick charts . Jesus, you can paint your candles using any indicator with any setting you want. Than you can add indicators to your indicator and paint the charts with those whenever and however you want. My 5 year old can do that , is that easy.

I am so done with this stupid metatrader.

P.S Ask your broker how come your order can be refused because the market moves , but it doesn't whenever the spread changes.

The most horibile is Oanda it can jump from 1.8 pips to 30 in a blink of an eye and it does not ask you anything.

Interbank will jump from 2 eurdusd to 10 and 15 and you can't do anything about it.

I am so out of here.

Thank you for sharing your hard work .

Good luck.

Well, that is reality..this is how charts should be painted. You must understand that the correct way to paint bars is every tick. Once a new tick comes in the current bar is updated and drawn. There is nothing "shady" about that. Metatrader does it correctly. As far as how brokers run their business that is a different story..you have to be careful about that. Metatrader is a great platform, but it has so many features for the brokers/dealers that it makes it easy for them to do tricks. And this is not Metatrader fault..they designed a platform with the BROKER in mind..and NOT YOU the trader. The settings that the brokers have are very difficult to overcome. Like fixed pips, widened spread at certain times, not being able to get out when you want to (5 or 10 pip stop range) etc. Keep this in mind when you get angry at Metatrader..it is a good platform. And I can say that one can make really good money on it with a good system like CyberiaTrader. See that thread if you are skeptical and good luck!

There are charts out there that will display one candle per tick or one candle every 20 or 1000 ticks. Those are tick charts. Than there are charts the display on the dot a candle every minute or every 5 or 10 or 1 hour ...on the dot one canlde.

Tick charts don't move unless there is something going on.

Most of the indicators will take advantage of that. Did i say no more painting the past problems.

Having no candle displayed minutes at the time and suddenly everything moves on you ...not a nice thing.

If you want to realy see what is the market doing stay away from Metatrader. If you are worried your metatrader broker messing with you , trade with somebody else and watch the metatrader charts.

I usualy trade with InterbankFX . I am very satisfied with them.

I have discovered an amazing trading system from www.patraders.com

I signed up with them for a demo and wow , this is incredibile.

They are usign their own indicators on the xtick charts. One word amazing.

What this trading system does that none other.... it tells you when to stay out of the market.

If you know how to program in metatrader come up with a little stop watch that tells you how long until the next candle ?

That may be the last day you will use metatrader.

Se ya

xcuse me english please

nastase:
There are charts out there that will display one candle per tick or one candle every 20 or 1000 ticks. Those are tick charts. Than there are charts the display on the dot a candle every minute or every 5 or 10 or 1 hour ...on the dot one canlde.

Tick charts don't move unless there is something going on.

Most of the indicators will take advantage of that. Did i say no more painting the past problems.

I really dont get it, but what I know is every candle on MT4 won't change after it's closed. And what do you mean about painting the past? Are you talking about the candle or some indicators?

nastase:
What this trading system does that none other.... it tells you when to stay out of the market.

If you know how to program in metatrader come up with a little stop watch that tells you how long until the next candle ?

That may be the last day you will use metatrader.

Se ya

xcuse me english please

I'm using metatrader, and my system know when to jump in and when to stay out, I think it's common thing in any system.

And I attach a "little stop watch" program. This program is widely known among metatrader user.

Is there any broker that offer free demo on their tick chart? I guess I'll never know their difference(s) if I don't try it by myself.

Files:

After 3 years of trying, and 1,650 indicators, and about 30 - 50 ea's created, I say odds are against a person surviving in forex. As for myself, I pulled the plug on forex last week.

Dave <<<

iscuba11:
After 3 years of trying, and 1,650 indicators, and about 30 - 50 ea's created, I say odds are against a person surviving in forex. As for myself, I pulled the plug on forex last week.
Dave <<<

Hi Dave, do you mean no forex for you anymore ?

dont give up ppl...

there must be at least one way we can all win

Reason: