What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 59

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Well done for writing. It's not just you and many, many others who don't know about the existence of this resource, still don't know that it's been 3 years since there is an option on MT5 to open a hedging type of account.

Many don't even know what the word hedging means.

And not only that. Many also don't know that the MT5 tester has the ability to test on real ticks.

How many brokers support all these great features of mt5?

Vladimir Baskakov:
How many brokers support all these great mt5 features?

Unfortunately, no. Here I am testing the MT5 Expert Advisor on different servers and have to open real accounts there.

And some of them (already the 4th case) found that they have no netting type of account on MT5. There is no possibility to select the account type and the hedging type is opened automatically.

I should contact the support service to transfer the account to the netting type.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Unfortunately, no. Here I am testing the MT5 Expert Advisor on different servers and have to open real accounts there.

And some of them (already the 4th case) found out that they have no netting type of account on MT5. There is no possibility to select the account type and the hedging type is opened automatically.

And you have to contact support to get the account switched to netting type.

That's what I'm saying, a lot of conditions, in many ways worse than for mt4. I would trade on mt5 without any problems, but it's hard to find a normal broker. So it's not just us

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

Well done for writing. It's not just you and many, many others who don't know about the existence of this resource, still don't know that it's been 3 years since there is an option on MT5 to open a hedging type of account.

Many don't even know what the word hedging means.

And not only that. Many do not know that the MT5 tester allows testing on real ticks.

Many do not even know what MT5 is, what a spread is. One guy, who gave me an order to rework old MQL4 code into MQL5 with the aim of selling it in the Market (!!!!) was sure that Metatrader 4/5 has been developed by Instaforex :)))) I am not kidding, seriously!

I'm not kidding seriously. He said it's the coolest broker in Asia, they give out Lamborghinis and in the terminal it says Instaforex Ltd in the handbook. The mql5 site is obviously a fake. I'll soon stop being surprised in this life, such people come out of nowhere...

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

And some of them (already the 4th case) found out that they have no netting type of account on MT5. There is no possibility to select the account type and the hedging type is opened automatically.

And you have to contact support to transfer the account to the netting type.

Yes, in 90% of cases there is only a hedge. I have never contacted the support team about netting, because there is no need to.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Many people don't even know what MT5 is, what a spread is. And one guy who gave me an order to rework the old crooked MQL4 code into MQL5 in order to sell it at Market(!!!!) was convinced that Metatrader 4/5 was developed at Instaforex :)))) I am not kidding, seriously!

I'm not kidding seriously. He said it's the coolest broker in Asia, they give out Lamborghinis and in the terminal it says Instaforex Ltd in the handbook. The mql5 site is obviously a fake. I'll soon stop being surprised in this life, such people come out of nowhere...

Well, how they communicate with you is unclear.

Petros Shatakhtsyan:

And you have to contact support to get the account transferred to netting type.

Well that's right - they've decided that users only need a hedge, so they don't offer netting, but ...

... and then the users start picking on me. So, we have a conversation like this:

- You have only netting in MT5? Why do I need it when I want to lock and hedge and work like in MT4!

- No! MT5 has for some years now two types of accounts: netting and hedging, it means that you have an opportunity to trade as you are used to - as in MT4, but also to try a netting account, so that your eventual transition to the exchange market (once you make a lot of money) will not suddenly become a revelation to you

- i tried to open an account with brokerage companies that have MT5 - there are no netting accounts, only the hedge - MT5 is bad!

- So this is exactly the same account you like in MT4 - or do you already need netting? You want to lock...

- МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4

Artyom Trishkin:

Well, that's right - they've decided that users only need the hedge, so they don't offer netting, but ...

... ... the users start picking on me. It turns out a conversation like this:

- MT5 only has netting? Why should I need it when I want to lock and hedge and work like in MT4?

- No! MT5 has for some years now two types of accounts: netting and hedging, it means that you have an opportunity to trade as you are used to - as in MT4, but also to try a netting account, so that your eventual transition to the exchange market (once you make a lot of money) will not suddenly become a revelation to you

- i tried to open an account with brokerage companies that have MT5 - there are no netting accounts, only the hedge - MT5 is bad!

- So this is exactly the same account you have in MT4 - just like you like, or do you already need netting? You want to lock...

- МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4МТ4

Blacks are not ready for MT5 yet. :)

For example, I can understand the benefits in general for MQL-developers and those who are well-versed in automated trading. But for people like me it is too much unnecessary and incomprehensible. We need obvious advantages of MT5 for mere mortals. The fact that it is just mega-cool and full of huge amount of useful (but difficult to comprehend) functional - not particularly convincing argument. Plus it's my first experience of so-called netting. I tried it and did not want to try it a second time.

Although I admit the possibility that as my knowledge improves, in the future I will find MT5 an indispensable and unrivalled tool. But to popularize MT5 we need a detailed and consistent description of its benefits in "on the fly" examples. For mere mortals. When I read technical slang of those who "ate a pack of wolves" on it, I vaguely imagine the need to understand it too deeply.

Vitaliy Maznev:

Not yet mature enough for MT5. :)

For example, I can understand the benefits in general for MQL-developers and those who are well-versed in automated trading. But for people like me a lot of unnecessary and incomprehensible only repulses me. We need obvious advantages of MT5 for mere mortals. The fact that it is just mega-cool and full of huge amount of useful (but difficult to comprehend) functional - not particularly convincing argument. Plus it's my first experience of so-called netting. I tried it and did not want to try it a second time.

Although I admit the possibility that as my knowledge improves, in the future I will find MT5 an indispensable and unrivalled tool. But to popularize MT5 we need a detailed and consistent description of its benefits in "on the fly" examples. For mere mortals. When I read the technical slang of those who are "a pack of wolves" on it, I am vaguely aware of the need to understand it too deeply.

Есть ли смысл переходить с МТ4 на МТ5? Почему Вы перешли на МТ5?
Есть ли смысл переходить с МТ4 на МТ5? Почему Вы перешли на МТ5?
  • www.mql5.com
Добрый день! Около года в свободное время (хобби) пишу роботов на МТ4. Есть ли смысл переходить на МТ5...

Artyom Trishkin:

I've read it and I really haven't found a single argument in favour of MT5. And the highlighting in red about Microsoft and antiviruses...

Renat Fatkhullin:
  • For example, remember the outcry that antivirus vendors have been raising for 10 years when Microsoft makes their platform more secure and takes away their security features. Just righteous anger and a lot of PR.

• Progress is unstoppable.

Microsoft makes their platform safe? Yes the safest thing is the one you understand well. And Microsoft rather supersedes everything else but itself, including user needs. My computer, in fact, works more for the Microsoft platform than it does for me. I don't fucking get the point of those billions of hidden processes that exploit my machine's resources. Forced updates, forced background services, forced propaganda and exploitation of resources, attention and nerves. Meanwhile, it's probably safer to have the simplest operating system without any anti-viruses. It will be faster to run. Only in the current circumstances it will need to be reset more often, or use technology like Shadow User.

Somebody was talking about Spectrums the other day. There 48 kilobytes of ROM were enough for masterpieces. Nowadays the amount of operational resources and speed has increased by millions of times. Has it become more secure or more useful for the user himself? Or mainly for Microsoft? Has it become a breakthrough in terms of user experience? Rather the opposite: first the user was given prosthetic spirits in the form of supposed progress, and then the user became an exploitable part of those prosthetic spirits themselves.

I once saw reviews of alternative operating systems. For example about the Phantom OS. And since my childhood I have known many programmers, who saw the most convenient systems for the user, and not for the developer and his corporation. But somehow it all went in the opposite direction. All those ideas died in the bud. And what society ended up with looks deplorable and sad.

I'm referring, of course, to the Microsoft argument. But other than that. everything else given in favor of MT5, has little appeal to a mere mortal like me, who has no aim to operate with trading robots and similar features. For me, opening and closing an order is a matter of looking at it independently, some cumulative experience, perhaps some analysis. And more important for me in trading is a good broker's conditions, no obvious hackery and fraud. Forex is already too slippery field.

And on the one hand, if a person has a huge amount of space to study complex programming systems and analyze trading Expert Advisors, to diligently process this data - that's very good. Every field has its own fans. And progress is also making progress because of them. But for me, this is not a sphere of leisure or entertainment. I survive through commerce. In that vein, I try to take only what is necessary. And on the contrary, I try not to overdo it, so as not to lose the minimum, which was also not easy and not quick enough.

That is, the transition to higher matter requires not only desire and some not quite understandable (maybe so far) arguments, but also conditions. At the moment, there are only two ways to encourage me to change from MT4 to MT5:

1 - is a clear and pronounced need for some indispensable and mandatory functionality that is missing from MT4.

2 - it is a ban to use MT4 or its displacement by the developer, discontinuation of support.

And the second variant is often used by developers, who are aware of helplessness and desperate situation of the user. In particular, this is about Microsoft. I would not say that Microsoft is a worthy example of progress. On the contrary, I see such corporations as the opposite example. An example of steadily phasing out any independent choice on the part of the individual and making the individual totally dependent on the developer's products. The product progresses, attitudes and society degenerate. Individuality is being superseded altogether. This is the result of the current progress.

Reason: