I am out of here... - page 3

iscuba11:
After 3 years of trying, and 1,650 indicators, and about 30 - 50 ea's created, I say odds are against a person surviving in forex. As for myself, I pulled the plug on forex last week.
Dave <<<

that's too bad Dave, i've thought about giving up a few months ago.. after two years.. but then I realized that i've spent far too much time and effort and just kept going. I am now achieving 24% return a month. Never give up! Quitters never win, and Winners never quit.

drgoodvibe:
Quitters never win, and Winners never quit.

GOOD WORDS.

drgoodvibe:
that's too bad Dave, i've thought about giving up a few months ago.. after two years.. but then I realized that i've spent far too much time and effort and just kept going. I am now achieving 24% return a month. Never give up! Quitters never win, and Winners never quit.

good for you! one of my EA's does similarly to the numbers you quoted. about 2% daily on average.

guys, as posted before, MT is designed with the broker in mind. but you can only blame the brokers for so many of your losses. in the end it comes down to you.

just because YOU have failed doesn't mean others will.

SB

Can you share?

scott TTM:
good for you! one of my EA's does similarly to the numbers you quoted. about 2% daily on average. SB

2%/day is excellent. Is this an EA you can share?

And yes, the world of Forex is full of traps and peril. But, together we can learn to avoid those dangers and succeed with patience.

Take care,

Bill

scott TTM:
good for you! one of my EA's does similarly to the numbers

just because YOU have failed doesn't mean others will.

SB

Indeed.. I completely believe that success is a state of mind.

as for 2%/day EA, that's very well done! Good work.. I trade only manually and doubt it could eever be made into an EA to be honest, it's quite discretionary.

Muddyguy:
2%/day is excellent. Is this an EA you can share?

And yes, the world of Forex is full of traps and peril. But, together we can learn to avoid those dangers and succeed with patience.

Take care,

Bill

you're crazy. you think i would GIVE AWAY a valuable EA like that for nothing in return? sorry, the world doesn't work that way. why don't i just hand you the keys to my house and cars and bank account info?

no offense intended, but honestly, you need to have your head examined if you think someone would do that!!!

drgoodvibe:
Indeed.. I completely believe that success is a state of mind. as for 2%/day EA, that's very well done! Good work.. I trade only manually and doubt it could eever be made into an EA to be honest, it's quite discretionary.

if you give the rules, anything can be coded... i'm living proof of that!

scott TTM:
you're crazy. you think i would GIVE AWAY a valuable EA like that for nothing in return? sorry, the world doesn't work that way. why don't i just hand you the keys to my house and cars and bank account info? no offense intended, but honestly, you need to have your head examined if you think someone would do that!!!

Gently, my friend. I asked a polite question not knowing if the EA was public or proprietary. A simple "sorry, it is proprietary" would have been enough. There is no need to be indignant.

I've seen the house/keys/bank account bit before. It makes no sense. Sharing is a matter of personal preference, and is certainly your choice. Some share, some don't, but it generally doesn't cost anything. It is like the old ham and eggs breakfast analogy - the chicken makes a contribution, the pig makes a committment...

And yes, I have had my head examined by professionals. Except for a bad habit of associating with Forex traders, I have a clean bill of mental health.

Muddyguy:
And yes, I have had my head examined by professionals. Except for a bad habit of associating with Forex traders, I have a clean bill of mental health.

LOL

touche!

firedave:
Hi Dave, do you mean no forex for you anymore ?

Probably so, my friend in Indonesia.

I put a final time period to achieving success with forex and it ran out, plus I am running low on money. I turn 55 tomorrow (Oct. 7th) and I am looking forward to a small celebration and relaxing. If I knew how to program fully myself, I would still be pursuing it. But without that ability, there is too much time delay in revisions, plus it costs money each time. Personally, I dislike having to depend on other people for most things in life. The biggest disappoints has been learning about the vast majority of indicators redraw themselves, and that Meta Air Head Programmers behind Metatrader will not fix or scrap the backtester, or create programming schools in the U.S. Leave it up to semiprofessional programmers to come out with a great product, but still after 4 years, very little in overall support to learn the language or get consistant reliable programming help. It this software was built to launch a rocket, it might blast off, but when a problem occured, it would explode or fall to the ground because only a handful of people know who to program the software properly.

I will pop up once in a while to see what other want a bees are doing with their ideas. But without the ability to properly program, that is all they will end up with - ideas.

Peace and Love In Jesus Christ!

MUST SEE VIDEO BELOW!!! The truth shall set you free!

By the way, here is a powerful and amazing statement which appeared on Al-Jazeera television. The woman is Wafa Sultan, an Arab-American psychologist from Los Angeles. I would suggest watching it ASAP because I don't know how long the link will be active. It really says what this religion is all about and what it has done to add to the world!

>>>http://switch3.castup.net/cunet/gm.asp?ai=214&ar=1050wmv&ak=null

Reverend Dave

Houston, Texas

<<<
Reason: