I am out of here...

I am so done with this trading platform. Two words..it sucks.

I have been using Interbank FX and I am so done with them.

Here is why most of indicators don't work well with Metatrader .

I am used to seeing a candle on the "dot". That is trully candle/minute.

Well not with those charts you don't. Those are actualy tick charts that match time frame. Your candles will stop until the price move again. Than it paints the missing candles. You wait and wait and wait for the candle to show up and nothing. As soon the price moves , you get your candles.

This will screw up with your indicators. Painting the past is the No1 thing will do to you . You guys may put your energy in some other systems cause this one sucks. I am sincerly recomending Xtick charts . Jesus, you can paint your candles using any indicator with any setting you want. Than you can add indicators to your indicator and paint the charts with those whenever and however you want. My 5 year old can do that , is that easy.

I am so done with this stupid metatrader.

P.S Ask your broker how come your order can be refused because the market moves , but it doesn't whenever the spread changes.

The most horibile is Oanda it can jump from 1.8 pips to 30 in a blink of an eye and it does not ask you anything.

Interbank will jump from 2 eurdusd to 10 and 15 and you can't do anything about it.

I am so out of here.

Thank you for sharing your hard work .

Good luck.

You can set enable maximum deviation in metatrader to prevent an order if the spread is too high.

Oanda don't use metatrader.

I don't think you will find better charts than Metatrader along with the many the indicators found in sites like this,. I had tried other brokers which did not used MT, and they were not so flexible, you had to live with what they provide or to buy other packages and use alongside with these brokers.

et_phonehome_2:
I don't think you will find better charts than Metatrader along with the many the indicators found in sites like this,. I had tried other brokers which did not used MT, and they were not so flexible, you had to live with what they provide or to buy other packages and use alongside with these brokers.

indeed, there is no other platform that allows for SO much customization for FREE. -- Try a different broker.

I'm sticking w/MT4 and beyond. I've tried many charting packages, paying $100USD or more a month. None of them had the flexibility of MT4, and they all "screwed up" at times. For flexibility and potential, MT4 is the leader of the pack IMO. When i trade i'm setting up my tradestation through FXSol w/entry&exit orders so the moment-by-moment accuracy of a charting package is not critical to me. I'm trading off price in my TS, not ticks on a chart.

: ) Thom

METATRADER rocks, in my opinion.....

try xtick dot com

good luck

I have seen xtick used by many traders also, it is indeed very impressive, but I think one has to pay for the add-ons still....

TheWicker:
You can set enable maximum deviation in metatrader to prevent an order if the spread is too high.

How do you enable Maximum Deviation?

He's right. If you use metatrader, you are pretty much certain to lose. I'm convinced that Metatrader is software designed for us to lose money. 90 % lose money. Wonder what that other 10 % is using. I doubt it's metatrader.

Reason: