Buy Gbp/Usd and Sell Euro/Usd - page 6

phoenix:
attatched below is the HePHS version that corrected the error of orderticket (on close function) it compiled OK, but did not test real yet, hope there's no any error at all

Welldone, Pheonix, BTW which one EA do you think from both Rock and Roll Hedge EA is the best, kamyar_hg_v0.mq4 or this HePHS.mq4? and if possible for kamyar_hg_v0.mq4 how to disable the experts comments "2006.09.06 00:10:51 kamyar_HG_V0 GBPUSD,M1: 4970906 = 10.00000000

" that keep loging.

ruparaw:
Welldone, Pheonix, BTW which one EA do you think from both Rock and Roll Hedge EA is the best, kamyar_hg_v0.mq4 or this HePHS.mq4? and if possible for kamyar_hg_v0.mq4 how to disable the experts comments "2006.09.06 00:10:51 kamyar_HG_V0 GBPUSD,M1: 4970906 = 10.00000000 " that keep loging.

well...it's depend on what you need

day trading? get more income?

or

low the risk only .. nevermind even get a little bucks from daily swap .. hmm

anyway .. i do both .. haha , but the day trading is limited in NY session only (the most volatile period) and only once or twice a day to avoid lossing form minus swap

like yesterday GU went down very fast compair to EU, got some nice +pips

and another hedge still collect swap along

waiting for today NY session and i will collect some more nice +pips

to me, i get bored with monitoring any kind of indicators, even they are good but still give wrong signal sometimes , i tried develope many many EAs base on several indicators and TIRED NOW this system is OK, BUT IN LONG TERM

PS. but i'm now falling in love with Multi lot scalper and hope i'll find the best indicator or system or logic one day and lastly

ENJOY

This is the best use of forex market. I have a suggestion, I never applied myself but like to share.

We should only play this ea when we are receiving USD news. For example, based on our ea if the G/U is long and E/U is short and news come in favor of U then G/U will decline sharply then E/U we will definitely be in negative pips that time. Once we get to know that our position was on wrong side then we will wait for Retracement on both pair when they breathe and stay for a while. Retracement will also be fast in G/U as compare to E/U either to exit position in B/E or little loss while Retracement.

On the other hand if news in favor of our position then we will definitely have easy and sure pips due to G/U volatility then E/U.

This is just my thinking any more idea will be really appreciated.

Rgds,

SFX

woow amazing

just a minute ago i got both hedges in + position

but in another platform

One nice addition to the EA would be to have the option of choosing the number of lots separately for the BuySymbol and the number of lots for the SellSymbol instead of both having to be the same. Due to the fact that cable moves more than euro, you will only really win when cable (buysymbol) goes up. 1.5 or 2 lots of euro for 1 lot of cable would give you better hedging (and pay you more daily swap).

Eric:
One nice addition to the EA would be to have the option of choosing the number of lots separately for the BuySymbol and the number of lots for the SellSymbol instead of both having to be the same. Due to the fact that cable moves more than euro, you will only really win when cable (buysymbol) goes up. 1.5 or 2 lots of euro for 1 lot of cable would give you better hedging (and pay you more daily swap).

I was thinking the same thing. GBP seems to goes much further in pips, -ve and +ve. The ratio should be approximately 1 lot gbpusd / 1.5 eurusd.

Regarding the swap, that depends on the direction you choose.

Let' say these are the swap rates (FXDD rates):

EUR/USD buy -24.9 / sell 21.6

GBP/USD buy -9 / sell 5.4 ---- multiply by 1.5 = -13.5 / 8.1

So using that ratio...

buy e/u & sell g/u = (-24.9 + 8.1) = -16.8

sell e/u & buy g/u = (21.6 + -9) = 12.6

The second hedge has positive swap. So should we only trade that direction and pick when we enter instead of just re-entering after a trade is closed?

Here is a thread with a EA that allows specifying the lot size per pair:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/trading_systems

Maybe if we can take the best of each EA and combine.

Snuffleupagus:

The second hedge has positive swap. So should we only trade that direction and pick when we enter instead of just re-entering after a trade is closed?

Hi Snuffy, yes that is what I think. Harryhid says he just shorts the euro and buys the cable (due to swap). I think that is a good idea but we would need to find the right ratio (you mentioned 1.5 euro to 1 cable) so that you are not always depending on both pairs to continue upward.

So the question is when to enter in that direction. I have been looking at that correlation indicator that is floating around here but I'm not sure how it helps with entries, I guess I will have to play with it to see how it works. An indicator that shows when the two pairs have diverged from each other would be nice to find a good time to enter. Like this chart that shows the euro and cable charts overlayed against each other--it really helps to see when there is some divergence from the usual correlation. When euro is high as compared to cable, enter the hedge. I have not seen an MT4 indicator that shows us that kind of divergence. Still searching.

Eric:
So the question is when to enter in that direction. I have been looking at that correlation indicator that is floating around here but I'm not sure how it helps with entries, I guess I will have to play with it to see how it works. An indicator that shows when the two pairs have diverged from each other would be nice to find a good time to enter. Like this chart that shows the euro and cable charts overlayed against each other--it really helps to see when there is some divergence from the usual correlation. When euro is high as compared to cable, enter the hedge. I have not seen an MT4 indicator that shows us that kind of divergence. Still searching.

It appears we are trying and looking for the same things. Here are some ideas I have been thinking about. Maybe someone has some feedback regarding the validity of them.

I have been thinking to use the correlation indicator to only enter when the 2 pairs are in correlation. I am thinking this would reduce risk and overall drawdown because the pairs usually snap back into correlation eventually.....unless there is a big change in fundamentals. So even if we pick the wrong direction it will snap back....and we would be earning swap if we trade using a positive swap direction.

I have yet to find an indicator that does what your chart link shows. I have seen similar charts on Yahoo. Perhaps, if such an indicator exists, it could be used with the correlation indicator. Maybe if we instead enter when out of correlation, then we would already know what direction that pairs went to get out of correlation. Then take the opposite direction for when it snaps back.

The basic use of this hedging method without entry techniques looks good, but I am hoping to find a good entry technique. So we can reduce drawdowns, increase profits, and use less margin to possibly enter more positions or larger positions.

Thanks phoenix. Lots of settings in that one.

I came across something during my testing of "HePHS" (not the new one just posted):

Settings used:

TP2Close 90

Lots 0.3 (gbpusd & eurusd)

This is what happened:

The pairs were in profit and then it closed 0.2 lots gbpusd for a profit of $92.

The problem is it left open 0.1 lots gbpusd and 0.3 lots eurusd. I didn't want it to do that....I want it to completely close the pairs. This is a problem because at the current setting to close at 90 profit..... 0.1 lot gbpusd and 0.3 lots eurusd would take a long time to reach a profit of $90 or it would just never happen.

Why did it leave that open instead of closing all lots for the hedge pair? Is the code no specifying to completely close the pair?

Here it is BuySellRatio Added

{Good Luck }

OK I JUST FOUND HOW IT MAKES ERROR AND I WILL POST THE EA LATER.

SORRY FOR EVERYONE WHO DOWNLOADED IT

I"LL POST THE EDITED VERSION SOON

c ya

Reason: