All John Ehlers Indicators... - page 75

grayghost:
Is there a Metatrader 4 version? If not, do you plan to make one? If so, how do I get the mq4 file?

grayghost

Of what?

mladen:
grayghost Of what?

Of the indicator shown in the picture, a moving-average-type line that changes colors. How can I put that line on my price chart? I would llike to see if it is useful as a confirmation indicator for my method, which utilizes a trending wave, a S/R breakout, a momentum indication, and a new cycle. I would check the indicator for agreement. I want an mq4 file that puts that line, showing enrties and exits, on my MT4 chart.

grayghost:
Of the indicator shown in the picture, a moving-average-type line that changes colors. How can I put that line on my price chart? I would llike to see if it is useful as a confirmation indicator for my method, which utilizes a trending wave, a S/R breakout, a momentum indication, and a new cycle. I would check the indicator for agreement. I want an mq4 file that puts that line, showing enrties and exits, on my MT4 chart.

As far as I see that is this one : ehlersfilters.pdf

If I remember correctly it does exist for metatrader but right now I can not find it

Files:
ehlersfilters.pdf  1270 kb

mladen:
As far as I see that is this one : ehlersfilters.pdf If I remember correctly it does exist for metatrader but right now I can not find it

Mladen, reading the article, I saw that a Kaufman filter, adapting itself to lag more in a noisy market, might satisfy my purpose of riding over inconsequential fluctuations to avoid whipsawing but still responding to big moves. I tried your Kaufman AMA pre filtered 2, and it works much better than, say, a SMA. I'll just use that. Thank you.

grayghost:
Mladen, reading the article, I saw that a Kaufman filter, adapting itself to lag more in a noisy market, might satisfy my purpose of riding over inconsequential fluctuations to avoid whipsawing but still responding to big moves. I tried your Kaufman AMA pre filtered 2, and it works much better than, say, a SMA. I'll just use that. Thank you.

grayghost

Good. Happy trading

grayghost:

Perry Kaufman sure made some good stuff

yldtrky63:
Re: All John Ehlers Indicators...

I have finally decided create a membership.

I have done a re-write of the Adaptive CyberCycle indicator with a twist, "Close Location Value".

Everything is in one file, does not require the separate CyclePeriod indicator.

adpvcybercycle.mq4

Could anybody tell me how to get the values out of the indi, please?

I have, of course using iCustom, as below

void AdpvCC()

{

greenAdpvCC = iCustom(Symbol(), PeriodIndi, AdpvCC, 0, 0);

redAdpvCC = iCustom(Symbol(), PeriodIndi, AdpvCC, 1, 0);

}

but i get 2 very large doubles, always the same number, which indicates that the iCustom call is not properly working.

fabio.geraci:

Could anybody tell me how to get the values out of the indi, please?

I have, of course using iCustom, as below

void AdpvCC()

{

greenAdpvCC = iCustom(Symbol(), PeriodIndi, AdpvCC, 0, 0);

redAdpvCC = iCustom(Symbol(), PeriodIndi, AdpvCC, 1, 0);

}
but i get 2 very large doubles, always the same number, which indicates that the iCustom call is not properly working.

fabio.geraci

You are calling the iCustom() with wrong parameter

Parameters for iCustom() must be the following :

As soon as the parameters are OK the return values should be OK too

Files:
icustom.gif  27 kb

mladen:

fabio.geraci

You are calling the iCustom() with wrong parameter

Parameters for iCustom() must be the following :

As soon as the parameters are OK the return values should be OK too

Thanks for replying, i have defined I believe all the correct params, as follow

string AdpvCC = "AdpvCyberCycle";

extern int PeriodIndi = 60;

what is wrong with that definition?

fabio.geraci:

Thanks for replying, i have defined I believe all the correct params, as follow

string AdpvCC = "AdpvCyberCycle";

extern int PeriodIndi = 60;

what is wrong with that definition?

Which exact indicator (the "AdpvCyberCycle") are you trying to use?

Can you attach it here for testing of iCustom() call?

Reason: