Can I use the same EA simultaneously on 2 separate accounts and can I do that from 1 same vps

Thanks for your help

denis

parisd:

Thanks for your help

denis

Yes, you can use an EA on as many trading accounts as you want, but you can only use 1 trading account per MQL5 VP server.

Dear Eleni,

Thank you for your answer.

I am new here. I managed to attach an EA to EURO/USD chart and my Meta-Quote demo account and to migrate all to VPS. It works fine.

Now after stopping the VPS, from my computer I am trying to attach the same EA to another chart like USD/JPN on same demo account. I can attach the EA but cannot start the algo trading on the new chart. 

what is wrong.

You need to attach your EA on 1 chart for every pair you want to trade with, so if you want to trade 2 pairs, you must have 2 charts open and your EA attached on each one of them.

Then you adjust your settings for each pair, click the Auto Trading button and synchronize/migrate with your MQL5 VPS.

Ok, it works fine

Can I do some backtesting with the EA on my comptter during the EA is running on computer or on VPS ?

parisd:
Can I do some backtesting with the EA on my comptter during the EA is running on computer or on VPS ?

Of course.

Comments that do not relate to this topic, have been moved to "Off Topic Posts".

Eleni Anna Branou #:

Yes, you can use an EA on as many trading accounts as you want, but you can only use 1 trading account per MQL5 VP server.

Dear Eleni, I have paid for 2 VPS servers, when I switch on the side, in the navigator, it automatically transfers all the algo and settings. But I want the algo to run on the other VPS not on the other account. 

I would like to switch between accounts on the navigator on the side without the automatic transportation of settings and EA, and I want the EA to continue running on its own in the other VPS server. because for now, whenever I switch accounts, the EA stops working on one side. and gets transported to the other account. 

Can you help me solve this problem please? 

Stefano M #:

Dear Eleni, I have paid for 2 VPS servers, when I switch on the side, in the navigator, it automatically transfers all the algo and settings. But I want the algo to run on the other VPS not on the other account. 

I would like to switch between accounts on the navigator on the side without the automatic transportation of settings and EA, and I want the EA to continue running on its own in the other VPS server. because for now, whenever I switch accounts, the EA stops working on one side. and gets transported to the other account. 

This is what happens when you use non MQL5 VPS, you either need to download and install a different MT4/5 terminal for each trading account or you could use MQL5 VPS, 1 subscription per trading account.

Stefano M #:

as @Eleni Anna Branou said, only 1 trading accout per mt5 vps. This means that you need to have 1 mt5 for each vps, OR do as i do...

I recommend that you save a new profile that contains your eas that are uploaded to your vps, and create a new and clean profile that you will use to only monitor your account.

And then when you want to change ea settings, then you just need to load up that profile to update them on the vps. Just remember to change the profile again after you have finished updating the vps.

Reason: