10points 3.mq4 - page 256

pipsweak:
And when you backtest it going back to 2006, the account blows up. That's why I'll never understand why people bother with these types of EAs. So many pages in this thread and nobody has yet introduced a way to avoid this. The reason: it's unavoidable. Martingale is a negative expectancy system. Therefore, you can expect negative results in the long run. There are no short cuts and no way around it.

I'm afraid you are wright my friend

Profitability

pipsweak:
And when you backtest it going back to 2006, the account blows up. That's why I'll never understand why people bother with these types of EAs. So many pages in this thread and nobody has yet introduced a way to avoid this. The reason: it's unavoidable. Martingale is a negative expectancy system. Therefore, you can expect negative results in the long run. There are no short cuts and no way around it.

Using a demo account you are right there is no way round it in the long run. I have been testing 10p3 since last August in just about every variant devised. If using the right settings for the mod being used it will generate very good profits but using demo accounts those profits can not be withdrawn and the MM continues until the eventual demise of the account.

I was able to take a $19000 account up to $130000 using V12 but eventually it took a hit down to $1000. The Combo account that I used for a couple of months here was eventually destroyed when Mod1e took a MaxTrades loss.

So why continue? The reason is that with a live account funds can be removed when profits occur and that is the reason for continued study and testing. Imagine the account taken from $19000 up to $130000 do you think that no funds would have been removed. Of course after it had doubled I would have removed 50% of the profits and so on and by the time it did eventually collapse it would have been trading with profit with a large percentage already removed.

So I urge anyone testing 10p3 to continue to find the optimum settings and then to go live with a relatively small account with tested settings and not to be greedy. Pipsweak has a good point in that eventually all accounts except the very large trading the very small unit will hit MaxTrades but be aware of that and continue with a mindset aiming to profit live eventually.

John

yeoeleven:

So why continue? The reason is that with a live account funds can be removed when profits occur and that is the reason for continued study and testing. Imagine the account taken from $19000 up to $130000 do you think that no funds would have been removed. Of course after it had doubled I would have removed 50% of the profits and so on and by the time it did eventually collapse it would have been trading with profit with a large percentage already removed.

Assuming it happens later ... rather than sooner.

This doesn't sound very encouraging.

Ray

yeoeleven:
Using a demo account you are right there is no way round it in the long run. I have been testing 10p3 since last August in just about every variant devised. If using the right settings for the mod being used it will generate very good profits but using demo accounts those profits can not be withdrawn and the MM continues until the eventual demise of the account.

I was able to take a $19000 account up to $130000 using V12 but eventually it took a hit down to $1000. The Combo account that I used for a couple of months here was eventually destroyed when Mod1e took a MaxTrades loss.

So I urge anyone testing 10p3 to continue to find the optimum settings and then to go live with a relatively small account with tested settings and not to be greedy. Pipsweak has a good point in that eventually all accounts except the very large trading the very small unit will hit MaxTrades but be aware of that and continue with a mindset aiming to profit live eventually.

John

Absolutely right. Let me add to that. What I am doing is multiple small accounts. My different ea versions on each. Right now its 2 accounts. One day it could be 10 accounts.

Imagine if 10 accounts generated 1k per week. And with regular withdrawls and different ea's and settings, if one busts they don't all bust. Then shift some funds to the busted account, recover, and continue on. 1k per account per week, withdraw profits each week at 10k per week. How many times have you seen a martingale ea make 1k per week for a few weeks or even months? Its not uncommon.

But for now its 2 accounts at a couple hundred a week. Start small, be patient, it will come.

Dave

yeoeleven:

John

I understand all that, but do you have a systematic plan for knowing when to withdrawl? Assuming you plan to remove half of your profits every time it doubles, there will still eventually come a time when the system blows an account 2 consecutive times before it doubled. Thus leaving you with nothing.

When did the max trades happen ?

yeoeleven:

John

Hey John

Just wanted to know at what date the max trades occured just want to see it on a chart.

Tks

berdj

Do you think this is still true for the double hedge version of v12 that some are running? Or some of the other mods that allow you to also place reverse trades at the same time? A lot of the results look very encouraging.

pipsweak:

amazing results for yen pair.

Files:

MaxTrades

berdj:
Hey John

Just wanted to know at what date the max trades occured just want to see it on a chart.

Tks

berdj

I can given time find all the occasions where MaxTrades ruined an account but will just post a detailed statement where over $136000 was lost in one sequence.

The actual chart is shown as a GIF and the trades occurred between the 3rd April and the 9th April.

If you are interested you can plot all the action on the chart from the detailed statement.

John

Files:
maxtrades.gif  40 kb
v12nf16.htm  17 kb

Clairvoyant needed

pipsweak:
I understand all that, but do you have a systematic plan for knowing when to withdrawl? Assuming you plan to remove half of your profits every time it doubles, there will still eventually come a time when the system blows an account 2 consecutive times before it doubled. Thus leaving you with nothing.

Obviously there is no way to be sure and a maxtrade loss does not come with a prior announcement. If you avoid trading at dangerous times and there are plenty of forex calendars to help and have experienced a long period of forward testing showing profit you may have confidence to have a go. All the brokers have a notice letting potential traders know that there is risk associated with forex trading.

On the first sequence after you go live you can hit the maxtrades loss but unless you prepare and try you will never know. It seems to me that in your case you would be better taking the 3% per annum that the savings bank offer and leave forex trading to more adventurous souls, there is no guarantee of profitability just an opportunity to make or lose money.

John

Reason: