10points 3.mq4 - page 107

Testing Methodology

As I have posted some of my testing results, I should write some lines to explicit the methodology I used while backtesting 10point3. I intent to submit to your judgement, critics and sugestions:

1. Only tested EUR/USD for low spread and high volatility. As it shows satisfatory results, it is my focused pair;
  2. Tested with $3000 and 0.1 lots;
  3. Tested manually on a week basis. It means I have manually chosen the period week by week in the year. I have done like this to approach a real use of this EA. I don't think anyone would let it run straight ahead w/o any control;
  4. All the weeks stop at thursday. This is a rather rude approach to not let it run over the weekend, as there could have big problems with gaps. I intend to manyally close positions as Friday goes by, as someone once posted in this forum.

I would really apreciate comments on this methods.

Thank you all.

Testing Methodology

As I have posted some of my testing results, I should write some lines to explicit the methodology I used while backtesting 10point3. I intent to submit to your judgement, critics and sugestions:

1. Only tested EUR/USD for low spread and high volatility. As it shows satisfatory results, it is my focused pair;
  2. Tested with $3000 and 0.1 lots;
  3. Tested manually on a week basis. It means I have manually chosen the period week by week in the year. I have done like this to approach a real use of this EA. I don't think anyone would let it run straight ahead w/o any control;
  4. All the weeks stop at thursday. This is a rather rude approach to not let it run over the weekend, as there could have big problems with gaps. I intend to manyally close positions as Friday goes by, as someone once posted in this forum.

10Points3 dynamic_Stop_V2

]Hello in all

I have just ended Backtesting of 5 versions of the E.A " 10 Points 3 " with Backtest Broker FXLite

I found an only good version: 10 Points 3 dynamic_Stop_V2

I have exchange the fixations of the debut and it walks(works) with EUR / USD and USD / CHF only

If you want all my reglages, you ask, it will be free

Yves81

Files:

mikl_73112:
Mini, There are a few forward tests through this move posted in the goblin bipolar thread. I think most involve the euro which had a similar move as gbp around the same time.

We need more forword tests, backtest will ALWAYS show +ve results ... this EA will make lots of losses during news and that is the main issue, the modifications and the tests should be around news times cause that is the main reason this EA lose money.

Fwd test for 10 points v2

Been fwd. testing version 10 points v2 but have it on 2 separate charts 1 buy & 1 sell(bipolar like) on eur/usd H1 timeframe. Last week buy version +$282 and sell version +125, and the week before buy version -$111, and the sell version +$502. Totals are v2sell+$627 and v2buy +$171.Would have posted my statement but am testing so many different e.a.'s would have been very confusing.

mrtools

mrtools:
Been fwd. testing version 10 points v2 but have it on 2 separate charts 1 buy & 1 sell(bipolar like) on eur/usd H1 timeframe. Last week buy version +$282 and sell version +125, and the week before buy version -$111, and the sell version +$502. Totals are v2sell+$627 and v2buy +$171.Would have posted my statement but am testing so many different e.a.'s would have been very confusing. mrtools

like this idea....

mrtools:
Been fwd. testing version 10 points v2 but have it on 2 separate charts 1 buy & 1 sell(bipolar like) on eur/usd H1 timeframe. Last week buy version +$282 and sell version +125, and the week before buy version -$111, and the sell version +$502. Totals are v2sell+$627 and v2buy +$171.Would have posted my statement but am testing so many different e.a.'s would have been very confusing. mrtools

Can you please tell me, where can I found v2, where just sell/buy mode ov EA can be specified?

Thanks in advance.

10 points v2

]Hello in all

I have just ended Backtesting of 5 versions of the E.A " 10 Points 3 " with Backtest Broker FXLite

I found an only good version: 10 Points 3 dynamic_Stop_V2

I have exchange the fixations of the debut and it walks(works) with EUR / USD and USD / CHF only

If you want all my reglages, you ask, it will be free

Yves81

Hi Yves,

Could you post the version of 10 points 3 dynamic stop v2 you was using for your backtest, am interested in the changes you made to this.

Thanks

mrtools

Reason: