10points 3.mq4 - page 9

I am enjoying the action on this EA. No wonder it is a popular download. It trades in the same direction as a trend indicator I like to follow and adds incremental lots with incremental sells like floor trader's supposedly like to do. Glad the OP brought it to my attention.

However, from what I have been reading, it has a tendancy to trade along just fine, then one day.... poof! Your account is gone. Here is one testers quote, "Statistical expectation of profit seems excellent. Months of lucrative boredom, interupted from time to time by ghastly hours of sheer terror." LOL.

I did find an updated version of it that attempts to alleviate some of that risk... http://elcactus.com and the file is DLMv1.2.ex4

The author has not released the .mq4 but has included documentation on his site. I hope it is okay to mention this here.

10points 3-1

forest:
I am enjoying the action on this EA. No wonder it is a popular download. It trades in the same direction as a trend indicator I like to follow and adds incremental lots with incremental sells like floor trader's supposedly like to do. Glad the OP brought it to my attention.

However, from what I have been reading, it has a tendancy to trade along just fine, then one day.... poof! Your account is gone. Here is one testers quote, "Statistical expectation of profit seems excellent. Months of lucrative boredom, interupted from time to time by ghastly hours of sheer terror." LOL.

I did find an updated version of it that attempts to alleviate some of that risk... http://elcactus.com and the file is DLMv1.2.ex4

The author has not released the .mq4 but has included documentation on his site. I hope it is okay to mention this here.

I started this thread and have no objection to you mentioning DLMv1.2 but when I downloaded it previously it had expired and therefore I was unable to try it out. From reading the information it was aimed at closing down the EA just before important news announcements and seemed to require the downloading of a csv document monthly.

I believe that by taking down the MaxTrades from 10 to 5 we have quietened it down so as to remove most of the threat of "Statistical expectation of profit seems excellent. Months of lucrative boredom, interupted from time to time by ghastly hours of sheer terror."

Time will tell.

yeoeleven:
I started this thread and have no objection to you mentioning DLMv1.2 but when I downloaded it previously it had expired and therefore I was unable to try it out. From reading the information it was aimed at closing down the EA just before important news announcements and seemed to require the downloading of a csv document monthly.

I believe that by taking down the MaxTrades from 10 to 5 we have quietened it down so as to remove most of the threat of "Statistical expectation of profit seems excellent. Months of lucrative boredom, interupted from time to time by ghastly hours of sheer terror."

Time will tell.

Well, I am right with you. I am going to keep running the 10point3 until it blows... if it does. You are correct about the DLMv1.2 not working as the author put a timer on it. I think he has released another version but is only giving it to people who have contributed to his site. Nothing wrong with that I suppose.

However I can also understand how news spikes might give this little guy a hard time. Perhaps it can be improved upon by some of the great programmers I see in the forums.

Did you change your EA settings on the JPY chart?

yeoeleven:
I have observed from my detailed report that when the MaxTrade is reduced to 5 the EA will close off trades in profit without them reaching their TP except for the .1 unit which is allowed to reach its TP.

This allows for reduced profit per trade but a safer route to travel.

The highest incremental increase I have had since changing down is to .4 and with it not having to reach it's full TP the chance of bigger increases are reduced.

Hi, Yeoeleven

Your posted statement showed a USD/JPY trade increasing in large units from Sept 5-6. The trade opened a .20 unit then ended up several incremental increases later at 12.8 units. Were your EA settings on the JPY chart different from your other chart pairs? I didn't notice any any other pairs in your statement that even came close to that size unit of trade. Of course, it was nice that the EA finally won that trade pulling in over $1,700.

Regards,

COTtrader

P.S. Still testing the following settings:

TP = 20

TS = 10

MaxTrades = 10

All other settings are default.

Guys, pls be aware of this EA using it with real money on small account !!! Minimum is 3k USD on 0.01 lots

glader:
Guys, pls be aware of this EA using it with real money on small account !!! Minimum is 3k USD on 0.01 lots

are you speaking from experiance? is that what you have tested and concluded would be the best way to use this Ea in a live setting?

10points 3-1

COTtrader:
Hi, Yeoeleven

Your posted statement showed a USD/JPY trade increasing in large units from Sept 5-6. The trade opened a .20 unit then ended up several incremental increases later at 12.8 units. Were your EA settings on the JPY chart different from your other chart pairs? I didn't notice any any other pairs in your statement that even came close to that size unit of trade. Of course, it was nice that the EA finally won that trade pulling in over $1,700.

Regards,

COTtrader

P.S. Still testing the following settings:

TP = 20

TS = 10

MaxTrades = 10

All other settings are default.

Yes the other pairs had been reset to MaxTrade5 but I left USDJPY because it was already in progress intending to reset it after it either closed itself or it became in profit overall. I woke up to find that it had closed.

Providing the account can support the higher trades they close very quickly when they achieve overall profitability. In my opinion dropping the TP down to 30 and the MaxTrade down to 5 takes away the greatest problem and now my account can only trade upto a 1.6 unit and also after the first trade they close when in a predetermined profit also resisting additional increments.

Files:

yeoeleven:
In my opinion dropping the TP down to 30 and the MaxTrade down to 5 takes away the greatest problem and now my account can only trade upto a 1.6 unit and also after the first trade they close when in a predetermined profit also resisting additional increments.

so make the following adjustments:

tp = 20 (yes/no) ?

max trade = 5 (yes/no) ?

anything else that you would suggest that be altered over the weekend ? so that i may start forward testing at the begining of the week with the corrected settings in place.

10points 3-1

furious_angel:
so make the following adjustments:

tp = 20 (yes/no) ?

max trade = 5 (yes/no) ?

anything else that you would suggest that be altered over the weekend ? so that i may start forward testing at the begining of the week with the corrected settings in place.

my TP is set for 30 and MaxTrade is set for 5. All of my preset is posted above so if you want to use my settings you can copy them into a Word pad document then remove my MaxTrade10 leaving the MaxTrade5. Save the file into your experts/presets file and change the suffix to .set using right click properties then load into your EA.

I will close down the EA during Friday PM progressively as the pairs close and post my final details for this week, last week and the 2 weeks together.

10points 3-1

Have closed the EA for the weekend.

The first week resulted in a profit of $5853 detailed statement6.

Last week showed a profit of $1727 detailed statement13.

With a reduction down to 30 TP and then a lowering of the MaxTrade to 5 the EA showed a slower but safer return.

The 2 weeks result can be seen in the Progressivehtm

The timing of the changes can be seen on the Progressivegif

Reason: