Hull Moving Average - page 33

TEAMTRADER:
Can anyone please get this cross over alert to work?

I'm looking for a reliable HMA cross signal/alert but this one doesn't work at all.

TEAMTRADER

TEAMTRADER

You can try this one instead : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174961/page4

@malden. Looks like i am coming back to HMA. Was doing some back testing & it seems that if hull average x 2.ex4 can be used with crossover alerts & Heikin Ashi then results are better then just trading on crossover.

i.e.

1 - HMA 15 & hma 80 are of same color (already coded)

2 - heikin ashi is also of same color.

So,

Entry will be when we get alert when HMA 15+HMA 80+ Heikin Ashi are of same color. Wont mind to have crossover alert also incorporated into it so that everything is in one indicator itself (want this part to be coded into indicator if its possible.)

Exit will be low of heikin ashi opposite color

Target will be % of price of instrument. Since I trade stocks my Exit is 0.5% of stock price

Chart

Thanks a lot.

Files:
000459.png  19 kb

It is an indicator that is shown, a ribbon indicator, whereas I needed only a signal/alert.

I've tried putting 'none' in the colours but it comes up black and spoils my template.

All I need is the cross alert/signal.

Thanks again.

TEAMTRADER

mladen:
TEAMTRADER You can try this one instead : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174961/page4

ashi to ashi = dust to dust

TEAMTRADER:
It is an indicator that is shown, a ribbon indicator, whereas I needed only a signal/alert.

I've tried putting 'none' in the colours but it comes up black and spoils my template.

All I need is the cross alert/signal.

Thanks again.

TEAMTRADER

Yep

That is a known bug of metatrader : when you try to set the color of a histogram to none it draws it black. It is that way for arrows too. And it is like that for years and it was still not corrected

Is there nothing that can be done to adapt the HMA_cross.mq4 in post 322?

TEAMTRADER

mladen:
Yep That is a known bug of metatrader : when you try to set the color of a histogram to none it draws it black. It is that way for arrows too. And it is like that for years and it was still not corrected

TEAMTRADER:
Is there nothing that can be done to adapt the HMA_cross.mq4 in post 322? TEAMTRADER

Try this one : hull_cross_arrowsalerts.mq4

For this one you can set the line colors to non and then only arrows will be left

I can't see how to change this Hull MA indicator to use five digit or broker digits readings. It is displaying only 4 digits and I think this is causing some flip flopping of the line color due to rounding.

Hopefully someone could help. Thanks

Files:
hma_v3.mq4  7 kb

droland:
I can't see how to change this Hull MA indicator to use five digit or broker digits readings. It is displaying only 4 digits and I think this is causing some flip flopping of the line color due to rounding. Hopefully someone could help. Thanks

Changing the digits will not change anything. Internally the value is used in double precision and you do not need to change anything in it

PS: that is not a hull moving average. That is a renamed nonlag moving average with percent filter and it has nothing to do with hull moving average (hma)

mladen:
Changing the digits will not change anything. Internally the value is used in double precision and you do not need to change anything in it

PS: that is not a hull moving average. That is a renamed nonlag moving average with percent filter and it has nothing to do with hull moving average (hma)

Thanks so much for your input. This HMA seems to predict change of trend fairly well. Are you aware of a better indicator for this.

Dave R.

Reason: