HAMA PAD - A Simple Trading Approach - page 175

Jesseboy - please, how many hours do we add/subtract to get EST for the times on your chart?

homestudy:
Another nice trade this morning for 61 pips. Every thing lined up nicely, the bands squeezed nice and tight, the TMT broke down, and the MTF trend steps had crossed down https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/32/gj_10_9_07.gif

Is the TMT indicator available on a post??

Dave

alpha1000:
Jesseboy - please, how many hours do we add/subtract to get EST for the times on your chart?

I lost the bookmark I had on the metatrader time conversions and can't find the words to google it correctly.

What I know is that 14:00 in Metatrader is 5:00am Mountain time for me and 4:00 in metatrader is 7:00pm mountain time for me. you can make your conclusions from that.

alpha1000:

Maybe this would help

The World Clock - Time Zones

would welcome input

Finally got a little break for time --

I took the HAMA-PAD v 1 from this morning and used with it a fairly standard filter. Today was a Friday, with no big scheduled news reports. As you can see, my understanding of the method picked up one good trade, avoided three bad ones, then took two trades which looked OK, but ended up losers.

This would have been a two-hour session at the computer and the two losers made the result be -2 instead of +7.

Would appreciate any input as to what I did or failed to do.

Thanks

alpha1000

Here is another method to try with that same set up, it works.

When you have a long move going and it extends outside the bands on the bbmacd, it will be painting green dots, as soon as there is two red dots in a row go short with stop being just above the recent high. If the first red dot is a large move then ignore it and dont take the trade. It works pretty good on all time frames, not perfect.

also add a bolly bands on the chart oit might help you see whats up.

give it a try.

The way you are trading is prolly best on news days because a run usually last longer on those days.

I like this resurection of the ole H1 its Hummer time again!

droesparky - took your advice

I ran the same method on the same two hours yesterday morning, since it was a better news day ... ended up +19

Can you post the BB MACD?

Can you post the BB MACD?

Files:
bb_macd.mq4  5 kb

One thing that I am reminded of more and more with trading forex is that so much is NOT dependant on the indicators. I do love indicators and desire to have that extra support, but other areas like support and resistence points, identifying larger trends, being aware of the news of the day, and just being involved in the market are what will help filter out more of those false signals that the indicators might say to go in on.

The intangibles are what will make you as a good forex trader in the long run and these can't be taught but come through work and daily being involved in the forex market.

jesseboy