Well working Trading System ! - page 35

.set files

Ok. dumb question here, how do you apply a .set file so an EA can use it's settings?

Also, wanted to run by you guys on this piece of code:

lot=NormalizeDouble((AccountFreeMargin()*(Risk/100))*AccountLeverage()/MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSIZE),2);

I currently use this in my EA's when I use MM. Risk is how much per trade, not total on account, percent your willing to put down on your account.

How to use set files: read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

The same formula is used in the EA for lot size, only MaxRisk is in decimals (not percents).

nondisclosure007:
Ok. dumb question here, how do you apply a .set file so an EA can use it's settings?

Also, wanted to run by you guys on this piece of code:

lot=NormalizeDouble((AccountFreeMargin()*(Risk/100))*AccountLeverage()/MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_LOTSIZE),2);
I currently use this in my EA's when I use MM. Risk is how much per trade, not total on account, percent your willing to put down on your account.

As additional information from the post #347 I see that TrendStrengthExpert_v2 EA closed trade on EURUSD with +141 pips.

Iam trying to make this EA profitable in 4years backtest. What i noticed is i can make huge pips in trending markets and loose all in ranging ones; i solve the problem with a tight breakeven+profit lock. But i think that the best stop for that EA would be a STEP STOP to take money from choppy zones. If anyone can program it so we can optimise this incredible machine.

Init deposit: 10k

profit :40314

pf: 1.54

dd:29.44

Please find updated statement.

Files:

Flytox:
forget to attach the modified EA.

I added open pivot and volatility pivot as filter and modified one or two lines in the code (don't remember what).

for GbpJPy use the same Ea with the attached set file.

For EurUSd reset the settings.

Thanks Flytox.

I added your version to post #20 of this thread.

-------------

Some trades were closed in good profit so please find updated statements attached.

I'm a manual system type of trader always have been, wondering if any others like me have found some suitable universal settings they would like to share in the form of a template?

All the versions are on the post #20.

TrendStrengthExpert_v2 EA. I am testing it with EURUSD. because I could not find good settings for the other pairs.

North Finance broker.

H1 timeframe.

It is testing since 02nd of September 2007.

EURUSD: pips this week 30; pips in total 167.

TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2 EA.

North Finance broker.

M15 timeframe.

It is testing since 19th of August 2007.

EURUSD: pips this week -11; pips in total -841.

GBPUSD: pips this week 243; pips in total 1162.

USDJPY: pips this week 0; pips in total 427.

USDCHF: pips this week -6; pips in total -781.

And it is the statements for GBPUSD in pips:

It is in deposit currency (in dollars):

And this week (in pips):

Igorad added sound alert to TrendEnvelopes indicator:

- https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174793/page3

- https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174756/page2

NonLagMa with sound alert (v6) is here.

Some new indicators are in this thread: ChandeQStik_v1, CMO_v1, PVT_v1, Chande_Kroll_Stop_v1, ChandelierStops_v1, SI.

Igorad coded version #3 of this indicator with the following options:

- UseSignal - dots on the chart.

- WarningMode - alert once on open bar.

- AlertMode - alert on close bar.

It was request concerning Fibonacci Trader.

Reason: