Trading template and indicators were updated. Go to this link https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174756/page16
Please note that I am using one rading template (M5 timeframe) and 2 infirmational templates (M5 and H4/D1 timeframes). Everything on this link as well.
I added StepChoppyBars_v1.1 indicator to trading template. It is optional because this system is ok already without this indicator.
This StepChoppyBars_v1.1 is using StepMA_v7 indicator and StepRSI_v5.2 indicator (attached).
Names (meaning) of the color in ChoppyBars indicator are the following:
MediumBlue: Strong UpTrend.
Crimson: Strong DownTrend
DodgerBlue: Retrace UpTrend
Tomato: Retrace DownTrend
LightBlue: Choppy UpTrend
Orange: Choppy DownTrend
Aqua: Be ready to change UpTrend
Yellow: Be ready to change DownTrend
About StepChoppyBars_v1.1 indicator you may read the following posts:
- some description about this indicator;
- how to read the color of the indicator is here.
And please find some images of updated trading template and info templates.
Newdigital, thank you for all your work. I have newbie question and I hope I will not make you mad, since after all your hard work and explanations someone like me, inexperienced, still have problems and questions.
I have read all msgs on public ACSTrend thread and also here on Exclusive Forum.
I'm putting myself in possition, what I would do here (your pictures) and I simple don't know, should I be already out, should I sell or keep position?!?
If I look at Daily Ichimoku - information I get is bullish, correct? Trend is up, above the cloud, everything is pointing up...
If I look at H4 Ichimoku - information I get is the same, bullish, correct?
If I look at M5 information template, I have mixed signals. Stochastic are sugesting turning point, but PT is still bullish. Which one is main here? If I look at chart, I would proably already sell at second fib line, where is also last band. I remember you were selling few times at third or fourth band. If there is also Fib resistance level, there is even more reason for sell, correct?
What about you, what would you do? Wait till Fib 3? Why, because of bullish PT and bullish Ichimoku?!? If so, you should probably still hold position since last two conditions are still true. Correct?
You see, inexerienced newbie can always have toons of questions. So it makes you hard to try and trade because you are not sure what to do.
OK, last picture, working trading picture. what to do:
(so far I have Informational daily ichimoku BUY, informational H4 ichimoku BUY, and Informational M5 - mixed signals)
Trading picture: First thing come into my mind is Sell, since price turned down at Fib res 3 level. Also VQ and MACD are on sell signal. But then agan, Price trender is still on buy. Also NRTR color line signal is still blue, Ichimoku says buy... So should I hold here?
The reason I wrote here all my thoughts and questions is, so you can see, what kind a doubts and questions can have one inexperienced player.
Would you please, write one more time, what would you do in this example. Just to clarify few things, please.
- Would you sell at first ASCTrend sell signal (1 Dec, time 7:10) or you wouldn since VQ and NRTR and PT were still on buy?
- Would you sell at second ASCTrend sell signal, since you would have confirmation with VQ and MACD and NRTR? Or you wouldn't because of Price Trender and daily/4H ichimoku charts?!?
- Would you sell in case if price would start dropping below TradeTime_v2?!?
One more question, I don't remember explanation about TradeTime index (window). Should I trade only inside this window? Even if I get all signals lined op for Buy outside this window?
Sorry for so many confuzing questions. I would like to use this signal, actually I'm deseratelly looking for one, to start working with it, but when I try I'm stuck with questions like this, and don't know, what to do...
Thank you, Mario
This system is having several rules: one trading rule for flat, the other one for trending market and b reakout, next rules are for correctional trend. I traded all this rules live and posted the rules on this thread.
If you are talking about the images I posted on the post #262 so you looked at the past data only. It is uptrend on D1. But this uptrend was 1 day ago, 2 days ago and so on. Because we are operating on close bar. You got information about what was in past. But it is necessary to predict the price movement as well.
For example, in case of images from the post #262 we have the following:
It is uptrend because:
- price is above the cloud;
- red line is above blue one for uptrend;
- white line is above the price on uprend;
- all other oscillators are in uptrend.
But it is D1 timeframe. It means that it was 1 day ago. Close bar.
So how can we forecast the price movement?
We may see on the following:
- cloud will change the color to downtrend in the near future (beginning of the next week). We can not say how strong this future downtrend will be. May be it will be flat - no idea. But color of the cloud will be changed soon. It is fully visible from the D1 image from post #262 (market is closed now so I can not see when cloud will be changed the color but it will be in the beginning of the next week);
- Stochastic is above 80 (overbough condition) which indicating probable reversal to downtrend;
- the same with Laguarre;
- look on brown line of AbsoluteStrengh indicator (dotted brown line and normal brown line). If normal brown line is above dotted brown line it indicates that reversal to downtrend may be started. Reversal may be started.
- SMO indicator is above 50 (uptrend). So it may be reversal to downtrend but not very strong one. It may just correctional price movement.
- price broke 1.9697 resistance line (you may see it from the image). Next breakout is 1.9844 (dotted blue line on the main wondow). This dotted blue line is strong resistance line and sometimes I am using this level to place buy stop order.
So, just a conclusion for D1 (according to the image on the post #262):
Daily uptrend with possible correctional downtrend in the near future. If price breaks 1.9844 resistance level (on the close bar) so it may be next uptrended breakout. If not - correctional downtrend.
ASCTrend system rules to be used in our image case:
- use breakout (trending) rules if price will break 1.9844 resistance level (trading on trading M5 template having exit on M5 informational template).
- use correctional rules (trade on M5 informational template only).
Not the same. You saw information which was 4 hours ago. But we use this template to foresee the price movement as well (the same with D1).
- Price broke 1.9748 resistance line and next is 1.9844 (it was typed on the chart).
- But Stochastic and Laguerre indicators are in overbought condition. It means that those two indicators want for the price to come down.
- cloud changed the color from uptrend to downtrend many hours ago already.
- CMO indicator is just a little above zero and even small movement down can move this indicator to possible downtrend.
Conclusion. Waiting for the price to break 1.9844. Or trade correctional downtrend.
If no any good news coming so most probable we will have correctional downtrend.
It means that we are able to get just few pips in profit using correctional rules.
M5 informational template is telling us the following:
- it was exit1 from buy order: price crossed 4th profit target many time ago already (all exits from all the orders are doing using M5 infor template only);
- no any exit2. This is an other choise for exit for the people who want to catch more pips. Price line of PT inficator (blue line) did not cross red line yet.
- correctional trend will be started when blue (price) line of PT indicator will be crossed red line for downtrend. Correctional trend did niot start yet. No any orders should be opened now.
- And corectional trend will be finished when this blue line will be touching yelow line (profit target), or it may be stop loss (blue line will cross red one in opposite direction), or market will change the direction on 1.9844 breakout.
Correctional trend is very risky one.
We are using completely different rules whe we are trading correctional trend. Trending temlate for correctional rules is M5 info template.
I am not trading any Fibo levels as Fib R3 or Fibo S3. I look at the price to see: the price is above pivot line or below. If you ask me: when is the price now? I may asnwer: near Fibo R3 level, very far for Pivot line: above pivot is uptrend, below is downtrend. So, I am using this Fibo R3 or R2 and so on just for infirmation where the price is. I am not trading any levels. I am trading dynamic Fibo levels on info template but they are not Fibo R3 and so on.
I am not trading any Fib R3. I am not taking in my mind any levels. Beside this VQ indicator is optional because this indicaor is giving a lot of false signals. NRTR is optional as well: because this NRTR is not working when we have breakout case.
I did not sell 1 December sell signal. I waited for the following:
- blue line of PriceTrender indicator did not cross yellow line on M5 close bar;
- price did not cross pivot line for downtrend. Price was too far from pivot line. It was necessary to have good breakout for the price to cross pivot line for downtrend but we did not have any. Because all Stochastics on M5 info template were showing oversold condition and it was necessary for the price (to down) to get strong downtrend breakout signal. And we would not miss such kind of signal because price should cross pivot line first but it was too far from pivot.
- just to understand about sell signal in 1 of December we need to see M5 informational template and we understand that it was correctional sell from good buy. It means that it was buy few days ago, it was exit from buy and we got sell but correctional one only (blue line of PT indicator was between red and yellow line which is indicating non-trading zone/time, or corectional trend which are the same one for me).
Of course i am trading corectional trend. But not very often because it is very risky. It is counter trend.
TradeTime_v2 indicator is showing the time to trade. I am not looking on max/min of this indicaor because tis max/min is always moving. If you want you may estimate the daily range in the end of the day using this indicator. But it is not for trading. Just for discussion in the end of the day or jus for information.
I am not using any daily range.
You may trade outside.
My local time is GMT +2. And i am sleeping at night. My night is GMT +2 as well So I am trading within TradeTime_v2 indicator. If you time is totally different from any GMT so you may trade as well. Just change the settings in TradeTime_v2 indicator according to your time. You may trade USDJPY and sometimes EURUSD. May be some other pairs.
Newdigital, thank you very much for your detailed explanation. Now I see I didn't pay enough attention for few details. I was very sleepy when reading last 12 pages (but I wanted to finish) so looks like I've missed a lot. Now I'm going back to read again those last 12 pages. With your information wrote here, it will be great help, to study those past charts and msgs. Thank you again!
My local time is GMT +2. And i am sleeping at night. My night is GMT +2 as well So I am trading within TradeTime_v2 indicator. If you time is totally different from any GMT so you may trade as well. Just change the settings in TradeTime_v2 indicator according to your time.
Oh, I see
Basically, you have highlighted your local trading time with TradeTime_v2 as indicators name suggesting, duh! Man, sometimes I can really ask stupid question.
Thank you again for your help! I may have one or two more questions but only after I will reread this thread!
It was very difficult day today: I was very busy and traded just from time to time. Usually, if I do not understand the market - I am not trading. Usually. But today I decided to trade and fully recognized that it was very risky day.
Please find real statement for today.
Could please send me the Timeframe you use this EA? I assume the setting are hard coded for the EUR?
Very interesting images.
I named first image as 'EURUSD locked'.
Second image is 'USDJPY is going to nowhere'.
I did not use any EA to produce the statement I posted yesterday. I am testing M5 asctrend system manually.
SyberiaASCTrend EA is the same with Syberia discussed in the other thread. So you may use the same timeframe and settings the people are using with normal Syberia.
All that I did is that I changed the filters: I changed MACD and other coded filters onto our asctrend filters. Why? Because I tested asctrend system on M1 and M5 timeframe and all those indicators (filters) work. So I just inserted indicators which we are using in asctrend systems as a filters.
The other picture.
Name of this work of art is 'Completely locked'.
Where can I get the NEWEST version of the indicator?