Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 69

Nice results

retro:
My first week trading the system live this week.

Trading EUR/USD ,USD/CHF,USD/CAD.

Buying roughly around 0 GMT and selling roughly around 12 GMT watching ATR and taking care that currencies are not overbought or oversold on entry.

Approx up around 25% for week.Far and away my best EA performer for the week.

Not for the faint hearted though .Frequently get's itself in and out of drawdown hell even being ultra conservative.

Hi Retro,

25% in a week is awesome!

May I ask you how you do mean "buying roughly around 0 GMT and selling roughly around 12 GMT" ?

Do you switch to "Only Long" in the window of the expert special settings "Common" tab around 0 GMT and to "Only Short" around 12 GMT?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

nice results

chrisstoff:
Hi Retro,

25% in a week is awesome!

May I ask you how you do mean "buying roughly around 0 GMT and selling roughly around 12 GMT" ?

Do you switch to "Only Long" in the window of the expert special settings "Common" tab around 0 GMT and to "Only Short" around 12 GMT?

Regards,

Chrisstoff

Sorry to confuse you Christoff.

Simply meant turning on the EA at 0 GMT and turning it off around 12 GMT before the beginning of the US session.I'll wait until later before turning on if a pair is looking overbought or oversold.

This is really just a practical time for me as I can't watch the US session however my early testing shows that it's not such a bad thing getting out before peak hour traffic.

retro:
Sorry to confuse you Christoff.

Simply meant turning on the EA at 0 GMT and turning it off around 12 GMT before the beginning of the US session.I'll wait until later before turning on if a pair is looking overbought or oversold.

This is really just a practical time for me as I can't watch the US session however my early testing shows that it's not such a bad thing getting out before peak hour traffic.

Retro,

Thank you for the clarification. Your method seems to be fruitful, 25% in a week worths the work you have to spend on analysing as well as switching on and off the EA, particularly if you can average this level of profit for a longer period of time.

I thought you exploit the usually decreasing prices during the Asian and early European sessions (buy low) and the increasing prices during New York session (sell high).

BTW both the ATR filter and time filter could be programmed into the EA, I think for a good programmer it would be an easy task.

retro:
My first week trading the system live this week.

Trading EUR/USD ,USD/CHF,USD/CAD.

Buying roughly around 0 GMT and selling roughly around 12 GMT watching ATR and taking care that currencies are not overbought or oversold on entry.

Approx up around 25% for week.Far and away my best EA performer for the week.

Not for the faint hearted though .Frequently get's itself in and out of drawdown hell even being ultra conservative.

Great Job Retro,

I am still forward testing some theories.

The way I trade Goblin is to use some 4hr moving avgs to determine weekly direction and then setup ea to buy or sell only during the week and then close all trades at crossing of some other moving avgs for protection or just close on Friday after News. This way ones needs not to watch it all the time. Havn't had no problem with news announcements. Would be great to program this into the expert but not sure how yet.

bluto:
Nice results. I have a fix on tap for that little "drawdown hell" problem.

is the update posted yet for this

I am keen to get my fingers on it

I am still testing the original Goblin and Bipolar version. So far so good. But the possible huge drawdown is still hauting . Anyway, this is cool stuff mate

Cheers,

OK, here is what I did. I added a timefilter to the EA. I was not sure which version everyone was using as there are many floating around out there, but it seemed that the version I post here seems to cover the majority of what people are running.

Also, I changed the defaults to xxDavidxSxx (Dave's) set file that he is running. I thought that since he was keeping up with this thread more than most, he would know the best settings.

Anyway, my little contribution to the project.

The timefilter works this way, it just prevents new orders from being opened during the "filtered" time. Already opened orders will close as they should based on conditions of the EA. The timefilter should also be adjusted to your own broker's clock.

im running one of the goblins on 15 min chart

so far its profitable with drawdowns but no margin calls (backtest)

Ive kinda modified it to use a different indicator - just for fun.

but... it always seems to take hardly any profit on the first trade of a set

so i am just paying spread.

and for the life of me a cant figure out in the code why yet I see results from people that dont get this and ive only changed the logic for the indicator to enter trades

ive been using this new toy

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176470

most of the credit goes to fxsniper I only changed one or 2 lines of code

if the line crosses down through 80 its a sell up thru 20 a buy

no crosses from extremes assumes flat market - just an assumption

basically it was just an experiment in bipolar I can post it if you like

but who needs another hybrid lol

ill try later

nice trip bro... ill try it later

Reason: