Great EA in backtest! - page 126

fxspeedster:
Sorry gang..there was a bug in 1.85 that prevented CT 1.85 to trade after the bad trading hours. I fixed it for now until the new version comes out and I named it 1.85f (fixed). Please use this version with the 1.85 presets posted originally. This is identical to 1.85 and only contains the no trading fix. We should have caught this earlier.

OK, don't worry about it. I think this was it.

FutureMillionaire?:
OK, don't worry about it. I think this was it.

Er... excuse me, but why trying 1.85(g/f)?

why not 1.93b or 1.93ppf? (I prefer 1.93b)

I think newer versions tend to surpass past ones in regards to results (profit and less drawdown).

FXDiva reported that he had had great results with it.

The more recent versions seemed to be subject of much discussion and tweaking. I thought I'd try a proven version, then move up to a more recent version once all the tweaking was finalised.

Mind you.... how are some of you able to test multiple versions? It would be nice to be able to compare the older versions with the newer ... side by side. Do you just open accounts with other brokers, or do brokers allow more than one demo account?

FutureMillionaire?:
Mind you.... how are some of you able to test multiple versions? It would be nice to be able to compare the older versions with the newer ... side by side. Do you just open accounts with other brokers, or do brokers allow more than one demo account?

Multiple demo accounts, multiple backtests;

You will never have an EA that is proven. They all are cyclically changed, every time.

Try to backtest comparatively 1.93b (by Templar) with any other and tell me how much you got. Until now, no version got better results than this one.

That is a fact to me.

Aaragorn:
correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't this look significantly better?
Aaragorn:
never mind...the three year is not really any different...

Short positions (won %) 5770 (90.29%) Long positions (won %) 55 (81.82%)

that was just a short term good spot.

wow, it looks that i'm really outdated, could you please post the new release 1.94ppf?

Great results, we could analize that and try to reduce a little the losses over it, soon our new target could be median of 95% wins or even more on backtests, lol

And don't worry FutureMillionare, you are going to see a lot of downs and ups working with forex, until we find a really reliable mechanical system.

So far, I have seen hundreds up and down, pple gaining and losing all their money right after gaining it, but, considering where we are now, the results some of us are getting and the CT version we have now, we are heading to real possibility of a profitable EA.

Of course we will never gain millions in just one year like on ludicrous 90% modeling quality backtests, but making a stable and profitable EA is a good thing.

I am on the second step: Demo account, and so far got good results, but not reliable enough for me... lets see what I'll get in a month.

I'll soon go to live, if this EA keeps what it showed me on the last two steps (backtest and demo).

templar:
wow, it looks that i'm really outdated, could you please post the new release 1.94ppf? Great results, we could analize that and try to reduce a little the losses over it, soon our new target could be median of 95% wins or even more on backtests, lol

you guys are too kind...actually Templar I appreciate your upgrades to my upgrades

don't get all blown away over that last test result...it was just a good spot in the data I think...the 3 year test was pretty much the same as others...

also keep in mind that I change the release number whenever I make a functional addition of some kind, that doesn't include the functional changes that you or others have made so you will likely find the changes you made missing in this 1.94 release. feel free to jazz it up and repost it to the thread.

BrazilianTrader:
And don't worry FutureMillionare, you are going to see a lot of downs and ups working with forex, until we find a really reliable mechanical system.

So far, I have seen hundreds up and down, pple gaining and losing all their money right after gaining it, but, considering where we are now, the results some of us are getting and the CT version we have now, we are heading to real possibility of a profitable EA.

Of course we will never gain millions in just one year like on ludicrous 90% modeling quality backtests, but making a stable and profitable EA is a good thing.

I am on the second step: Demo account, and so far got good results, but not reliable enough for me... lets see what I'll get in a month.

I'll soon go to live, if this EA keeps what it showed me on the last two steps (backtest and demo).

Well having run it live at IBFX for a few months now...I've concluded that the broker factor in my equation is going to change. Their spread fluctuations are just too much to work with. I'm looking strongly at FXDD. Whatever we do with the EA I won't run it live on IBFX again.

Aaragorn:
Well having run it live at IBFX for a few months now...I've concluded that the broker factor in my equation is going to change. Their spread fluctuations are just too much to work with. I'm looking strongly at FXDD. Whatever we do with the EA I won't run it live on IBFX again.

Perhaps NF could be even better than FXDD, given FXDD also have spread fluctuation. So far, no problem with FXDD though.

Reason: