MACD indicator - page 107

mladen:
Doesn't cjas version have alerts? If not, why no asking him to extend that (he is visiting the site - that I know)

Hi Mladen,

Yes, I could ask CJA to the alert no problem. But CJA's indicator does not not have the option to set it to Zerolag - which your indicator has. Thanks

Regards

Jasjit

MACD elder impulse max indicator

macd-elder-impulse-max.mq4

Files:

Hey guys new to the forum and am looking for a good macd. The best I have ever used seems to not function as well on the new build and seems resource heavy. It is from Hanover on FF, as he says, its found. I nor he has the .mq4 file.

I was hoping you guys could point me in the direction of something similar for the new build.

Here is Hanovers post

Attached is the most useful MACD indicator that I've found.

It plots MACD, signal line and histogram, the latter in 4 colors; and also provides arrow signals, and popup and e-mail alerts. (Doesn't do MTF, however).

The alerts/arrows are based on the CrossoverType:

0 = ignore crossovers

1 = histogram changes direction/color

2 = MACD (solid white) line changes direction

3 = MACD (solid) line crosses signal (dotted) line; histogram also crosses zero (horiz axis)

4 = MACD (solid) line crosses zero (horiz axis), i.e. Rob Booker's 'hopper' entry

If you don't want the arrows to plot, set ArrowSize to -1.

You can increase the size of the histogram by increasing the HistogramScaling value (makes it easier to spot divergences).

Set AverageOverLast to the number of candles that you want the average histogram height calculated across. (e.g. set to 100 if you want averaging over the rightmost 100 candles). The indy will plot two horizontal levels, above and below the zero line, based on this average. These levels may be used for breakout trading, showing that price is leaving consolidation; or as an indication of overbought/oversold.

Set AlertCandle to 1 if you want alerts to be triggered immediately the current candle completes (i.e. becomes candle #1), and causes the condition to be met, and a new candle (#0) starts to form.

Set AlertCandle to 0 if you want alerts to be triggered immediately the current candle (#0) causes the condition to be met, while it is in the process of forming.

Set ShowChartAlerts to TRUE if you want the usual MT4 audio/visual pop-up alert to occur whenever the condition is met.

Set AlertEmailSubject to whatever text you want to appear in the subject of your e-mail alerts. If you leave the field empty, no e-mail alerts will occur.

Here is a screen shot

Here is the file macd_trad_colored.ex4

Thanks guys, If we can get this going it really is the bees knees. Immediate alerts, on all types of crosses, signal line can be turned to 0, 4 color, Just a really good Standard MACD.

Files:
macd.png  109 kb

metal30:
Hey guys new to the forum and am looking for a good macd. The best I have ever used seems to not function as well on the new build and seems resource heavy. It is from Hanover on FF, as he says, its found. I nor he has the .mq4 file.

I was hoping you guys could point me in the direction of something similar for the new build.

Here is Hanovers post

Attached is the most useful MACD indicator that I've found.

It plots MACD, signal line and histogram, the latter in 4 colors; and also provides arrow signals, and popup and e-mail alerts. (Doesn't do MTF, however).

The alerts/arrows are based on the CrossoverType:

0 = ignore crossovers

1 = histogram changes direction/color

2 = MACD (solid white) line changes direction

3 = MACD (solid) line crosses signal (dotted) line; histogram also crosses zero (horiz axis)

4 = MACD (solid) line crosses zero (horiz axis), i.e. Rob Booker's 'hopper' entry

If you don't want the arrows to plot, set ArrowSize to -1.

You can increase the size of the histogram by increasing the HistogramScaling value (makes it easier to spot divergences).

Set AverageOverLast to the number of candles that you want the average histogram height calculated across. (e.g. set to 100 if you want averaging over the rightmost 100 candles). The indy will plot two horizontal levels, above and below the zero line, based on this average. These levels may be used for breakout trading, showing that price is leaving consolidation; or as an indication of overbought/oversold.

Set AlertCandle to 1 if you want alerts to be triggered immediately the current candle completes (i.e. becomes candle #1), and causes the condition to be met, and a new candle (#0) starts to form.

Set AlertCandle to 0 if you want alerts to be triggered immediately the current candle (#0) causes the condition to be met, while it is in the process of forming.

Set ShowChartAlerts to TRUE if you want the usual MT4 audio/visual pop-up alert to occur whenever the condition is met.

Set AlertEmailSubject to whatever text you want to appear in the subject of your e-mail alerts. If you leave the field empty, no e-mail alerts will occur.

Here is a screen shot

Here is the file macd_trad_colored.ex4

Thanks guys, If we can get this going it really is the bees knees. Immediate alerts, on all types of crosses, signal line can be turned to 0, 4 color, Just a really good Standard MACD.

Metal30, would recommend to look in this thread, if you don't find something similar, would imagine it could be made, only things not understanding is this (" Set AverageOverLast to the number of candles that you want the average histogram height calculated across. (e.g. set to 100 if you want averaging over the rightmost 100 candles). The indy will plot two horizontal levels, above and below the zero line, based on this average. These levels may be used for breakout trading, showing that price is leaving consolidation; or as an indication of overbought/oversold.") and what is meant by " signal line can be turned to 0"?

The signal line can be turned to zero means just that. The standard 12/26/9, the 9 can be changed to 0. A lot of macd's i have tested wont allow it for some reason. If you turn it to zero then the indicator doesn't show up in the window.

As far as the "set average over last" that's actually the only function of the indicator i don't use.

I checked the thread pretty thoroughly, since the date of the new build, found some nice stuff but nothing quite as practical and functional as this.

metal30:
The signal line can be turned to zero means just that. The standard 12/26/9, the 9 can be changed to 0. A lot of macd's i have tested wont allow it for some reason. If you turn it to zero then the indicator doesn't show up in the window.

An average is X number of values divided by X. So if you set X=0 you are then creating a zero divide which computers can't do. The signal line is an average of X number of values. The only versions that would work are those where the programmer has done some error trapping to prohibit a zero divide and avoid a program malfunction. Unfortunately, my programming skills are too lame to make this modification. Additionally, I don't fully understand "zero average". Changing the value to 1 would make the average non-existent if that is your intent. Perhaps one of the programming gurus here will understand and like your idea and take your favorite version and make this modification.

Good luck,

gcg

Did forbid to answer me?

metal30:

As far as the "set average over last" that's actually the only function of the indicator i don't use.

I checked the thread pretty thoroughly, since the date of the new build, found some nice stuff but nothing quite as practical and functional as this.

Set it to 1 and it will be as if you do not have the signal line (signal line will be exactly the same as MACD)

Riksha:
Did forbid to answer me?

"Forbid"?

No answering is forbidden

Thank you so much for an answer, you are a very polite man

Reason: