Great EA in backtest! - page 32

furious_angel:
** DEMO ACCOUNT **

i have forward tested this EA (version 1_185f) for weeks and it has never shown a profit.

... IMHO.. this thing has some serious issues.

example:

over the last full week. ran this on 2 pairs (usd/jpy, usd/chf) 1 hour time frames

results: 18 trades executed

total weekly losses = $341.95

this thing will slowly drain your account.

**note - if i have this set up improperly, then it is my fault and i will accept that and would hope that someone here would give me the corrected test setting so that i may continue to forward test this EA, but i am thinking that i will suspend my forward testing. unlesss someone can provide me with information that would encourage me to keep testing.

Try M5 EUR, JPY StaticStopLoss=20 Pivot filter on and block 09,13,14 GMT hours. Those settings are profitable for me at CFGTrader for the last couple of weeks. Hope this helps

.. you mean using a demo account, correct? or have you taken this one live and are trading with it. as you probably already know that demo accounts and live accounts are different.

furious_angel:
.. you mean using a demo account, correct? or have you taken this one live and are trading with it. as you probably already know that demo accounts and live accounts are different.

I trade for a living. Only differance between demo and live is your fear and nerves.

demo= no fear factor.

Live= nervous break down

Dave

Guys....I have been back testing this EA to try to make it fail.

1 min 5 min 15min= slow draw down

but 30 min 1 hr 4 hr and daily is fanamanal results.

best time frame is daily.

best results was 1 mil in 2 weeks on daily durring sevear wipsaw conditions.

I even chose a sharp up trend with 18 daily candles and only 3 were bear candles...set it to sell only and turned 500$ into 3k in 2 weeks. That was the worce results.

I am going to start on demo testing for a week but I will put in on a 500$ live account really soon.

I went back through the charts and pick testing times that were the crappiest times I could find and it always made huge profits.

Tested nov 05 to jan o6....thanksgiving, christmas, and newyears. Still made 800k from just 500$. From jan 06 to march 06 made 800k from 500$.

best time frames 1hr 4 hr but Daily made the best. And always starting with 500$

I am 90% comvinced this EA will make money.

Any one live trading with it yet?

Edit: o yea....look at the time frame it tested on with the 1mil profits in 2 weeks. Find the 2 weeks on the euro$...it was a real bad time to trade! I mean really bad time. (always done with default settings.)

Model: Control points (based on the nearest less timeframe with fractal interpolation of 12 control points)

the above statement is found on my backtest results.

nearest less time frame....so that should tell you it won't work on 1min charts.

Also look at the profits vs the losses in the start of my testing. losses were 30-90$ and profits were 200-300+.

There is no need to change anything in the settings of this EA!!!!!!!!!!

the russians told some one to use one min charts probly to see if the stupid americans could figure out the real time frame to use it on. (by the way I am american...lol)

xxDavidxSxx:

1 min 5 min 15min= slow draw down

but 30 min 1 hr 4 hr and daily is fanamanal results.

best time frame is daily.

best results was 1 mil in 2 weeks on daily durring sevear wipsaw conditions.

I even chose a sharp up trend with 18 daily candles and only 3 were bear candles...set it to sell only and turned 500$ into 3k in 2 weeks. That was the worce results.

I am going to start on demo testing for a week but I will put in on a 500$ live account really soon.

I went back through the charts and pick testing times that were the crappiest times I could find and it always made huge profits.

Tested nov 05 to jan o6....thanksgiving, christmas, and newyears. Still made 800k from just 500$. From jan 06 to march 06 made 800k from 500$.

best time frames 1hr 4 hr but Daily made the best. And always starting with 500$

I am 90% comvinced this EA will make money.

Any one live trading with it yet?

Edit: o yea....look at the time frame it tested on with the 1mil profits in 2 weeks. Find the 2 weeks on the euro$...it was a real bad time to trade! I mean really bad time. (always done with default settings.)

Model: Control points (based on the nearest less timeframe with fractal interpolation of 12 control points)

the above statement is found on my backtest results.

nearest less time frame....so that should tell you it won't work on 1min charts.

Also look at the profits vs the losses in the start of my testing. losses were 30-90$ and profits were 200-300+.

There is no need to change anything in the settings of this EA!!!!!!!!!!

the russians told some one to use one min charts probly to see if the stupid americans could figure out the real time frame to use it on. (by the way I am american...lol)

Don't u think this all seems a little too good to be true? Don't quit your day job yet. Test it with real money, you'll see what i mean.

xxDavidxSxx:
I trade for a living. Only differance between demo and live is your fear and nerves.

demo= no fear factor.

Live= nervous break down

Dave

Demo data is not accurate. They use different feeds. Fear is not a factor in an EA.

xxDavidxSxx:

Hi David.

Nice results. I am finding that the longer timeframes are better too.

However, your modelling quality is 31.83%. That implies you are probably not using downloaded data and modelling every tick which is what you need to do in order to get more accurate results. It makes a difference.

Also, you didn't state which version you are using, 1.85f which is the manicured opensource or 1.88 from CD itself, but I am going to assume it is the open source you downloaded from this site?

I am not saying you can't make money with this EA, only that you need to do testing with good data and even then forward testing is a whole other animal.

I checked David's setting's he is using the opensource version exactly without alteration from the website. I will be running a Demo test on Interbankfx for the week 24/7 on EUR, using the Daily Timeframe. Don't want to be negative but he post seems extremely postive. I doubt if I get anything close to his results.

txsundevil:
I checked David's setting's he is using the opensource version exactly without alteration from the website. I will be running a Demo test on Interbankfx for the week 24/7 on EUR, using the Daily Timeframe. Don't want to be negative but he post seems extremely postive. I doubt if I get anything close to his results.

I see that now...

EnableMACD=false; EnableMA=false; EnableFractals=false; EnableCCI=false; EnableCyberiaLogic=true; EnableLogicTrading=true; EnableADX=false;

Good luck with your testing.

moldem:
Don't u think this all seems a little too good to be true? Don't quit your day job yet. Test it with real money, you'll see what i mean.

quit my day job.....My day job is trading I do it for a living already.

Dave

Reason: