Phoenix is here! - page 25

Phoenix and EURGBP

For those of you who received a copy of Phoenix 4.2 I have a request:

for some reason I can't find the right settings for the EURGBP. If you can please let me know:

These are the "rules":

backward test for the last 6 months

at least 60 trades

MD below 10%

balance-curve upwards (of course!)

Phoenix 4.2 Change CHFJPY

For the testers of Phoenix 4.2: change settings CHFJPY

if(Symbol() == "CHFJPY")

{

SMAPeriod = 30;

SMA2Bars = 4;

Percent = 0.012;

TakeProfit = 42;

StopLoss = 84;

TrailingStop = 0;

OSMAFast = 7;

OSMASlow = 45;

OSMASignal = 8;

EnvelopePeriod = 20;

Fast_Period = 52;

Slow_Period = 29;

DVBuySell = 0.0016;

DVStayOut = 0.034;

Files:

Manual-Modelling Quality 90%

How to get a Modelling Quality of 90% when testing Phoenix 4.2 (or any other EA) in MT4. Have fun with this manual!

Files:

Settings for Phoenix 4.2

Forgot to deliver the settings for all pairs. See txt.file. You can copy and paste this in the code.

Phoenix 4.2 Change settings GBPJPY

Testers Phoenix 4.2 Change settings GBPJPY:

if(PrefSettings == true)

{

if(Symbol() == "GBPJPY")

{

SMAPeriod = 12;

SMA2Bars = 8;

Percent = 0.012;

TakeProfit = 42;

StopLoss = 84;

TrailingStop = 0;

OSMAFast = 4;

OSMASlow = 40;

OSMASignal = 12;

EnvelopePeriod = 25;

Fast_Period = 35;

Slow_Period = 5;

DVBuySell = 0.0015;

DVStayOut = 0.017;

}

}

Files:

Hendrick:
For those of you who received a copy of Phoenix 4.2 I have a request:

for some reason I can't find the right settings for the EURGBP. If you can please let me know:

These are the "rules":

backward test for the last 6 months

at least 60 trades

MD below 10%

balance-curve upwards (of course!)

Hendrick,

I do not have the history imported so the modeling quality is still low I know, but maybe you can take it from here.

I also cannot get the number of trades higher than 23 in the 6 month time period, but still an impressive profit and I really like the TP:SL ratio!

It's time to cool down my laptop..

Regards

Files:

HerbertH:
Hendrick,

I do not have the history imported so the modeling quality is still low I know, but maybe you can take it from here.

I also cannot get the number of trades higher than 23 in the 6 month time period, but still an impressive profit and I really like the TP:SL ratio!

It's time to cool down my laptop..

Regards

Thanks Herbert, but with your settings and a Modelling Quality of 90% I got zero trades. Sometimes it's very frustrating to find the right settings. The EURGBP is a tough one! They're somewhere hidden, but don't worry we will find these settings. I've just started a new series of tests and I just got a beginning! Now I have to tweak and tweak and tweak to find the optimum settings.

Thanks again Herbert!

One word of advice guys... in order to avoid over optimizing or curve fitting, you will have to make sure that the backtest covers a large enough sample. Now what sample size is acceptable, depends on your objective.

Here is a table that explains why I am saying this:

Number of Trades 50 100 200 300 500

Margin of Error 14% 10% 7% 6% 4%

http://www.rockwell-trading.com/

Maji:
One word of advice guys... in order to avoid over optimizing or curve fitting, you will have to make sure that the backtest covers a large enough sample. Now what sample size is acceptable, depends on your objective.

Here is a table that explains why I am saying this:

Number of Trades 50 100 200 300 500

Margin of Error 14% 10% 7% 6% 4%

http://www.rockwell-trading.com/

With all respect Maji, in my opinion there's nothing wrong with curve-fitting, even for shorter periods of time. That is to say, if you tweak your settings in time and you are able to maintain this upwards curve.

After years of studying Forex, all its Gurus, books, seminars, courses etc, I came to the following conclusion: Try to forget all you've learned and look at Forex if it was your first time. Try to "think outside the box". There is a lot more in Forex than all you have learned before. That is if you are willing to follow your own way. "Thinking outside the box" is not easy, but if you manage, it will give you a complete different attitude to Forex!

In short: I'm not impressed by rockwell-trading.com and will continue my own way!

Reason: