OneDailyTrade EA - page 10

holyguy7:
You can currently do that. Say you are up 20 pips, if you would set the TSActivation to 20 and the TrailingPips to 15, then as soon as you reached 20 pips, it would activate your trailing stop thus moving your SL to 5 pips. Good luck.

Right now, I'm running a TSActivation at 30 and a TrailingPips at 20....

One strange thing is that the EA did not open a trade on the GDP/USD today ... strange....

a bad day..

it seems all of my trade on ODT-XMOD EA was loosing yesterday.. all trades kissed the SL and say bye bye. , however i will keep testing it.. plus new test with new setting for TSActivation and Trailpips.

i'll report any new progress on this EA. it looks stable.

Holyguy7,

I have MIG as my broker and have subtracted 2 from all the presets. Should I also subtract 2 from the EA ZeroGMT? I have noticed that I have no trades triggered on my demo account all day for both the EURUSD and GBPUSD, the only two I opened up on my 1 HR TF demo acocunt.

et_phonehome_2:
Holyguy7, I have MIG as my broker and have subtracted 2 from all the presets. Should I also subtract 2 from the EA ZeroGMT? I have noticed that I have no trades triggered on my demo account all day for both the EURUSD and GBPUSD, the only two I opened up on my 1 HR TF demo acocunt.

With MIG, they are +2 GMT and FXDD is +3 GMT so you need to subract 1 hour on the ZeroGMT only. I hope that helps.

Would it be possible to have 2 TSactivations or more? One that activates once you have made alittle profit and then another that activates once the price comes close to the take profit target? For instance GBPUSD moves +20 pips of a trade that is open and the TP is +80 pips so TSA 1 kicks in insuring we make at least +5 pips then later the trade moves to +60 pips so TSA 2 kicks in with trailing pips set to 20 pips. The trade then reverses, but TSA 2 is active, setting the stop loss at +40 pips. Just an idea.

Well, so far I've been running this EA for 2 full days and the demo account is $-94 balance...

tough week

it seems a tough week for this EA till today.

My testing keep loosing every single trade even i have set the TSActivation ON with trailing pips.

May be this part is what we together can do somethin to improve it.

Here's an idea:

the trend seems to be truly set in the last 12 hours of the day(GMT).

So, here's what I'm thinking -- (not sure how to set this in the EA)

sample the last 12 hours of the day.

at 0:00 GMT initiate the trade based on that trend.

set the EA to lock in 10 pips (if reached) and then 50% of the profit thereafter until the trade is closed (no Target Profit).

Thoughts ?

I have read most of the information from this thread and many people are confusing the gmt setting in EA when its running from the respective forex service provider. Hence it is good for someone who can tell on how to check the gmt in the given forex service provider and then do the necessary deduction/addition to the preset file. Thanks.

reemul99:
Here's an idea:

the trend seems to be truly set in the last 12 hours of the day(GMT).

So, here's what I'm thinking -- (not sure how to set this in the EA)

sample the last 12 hours of the day.

at 0:00 GMT initiate the trade based on that trend.

set the EA to lock in 10 pips (if reached) and then 50% of the profit thereafter until the trade is closed (no Target Profit).

Thoughts ?

You are exactly correct. The feature is already there. It is called HourRange. That is how many hours you go back to find the trend. If you set that at 2, it will only go back 2 hours to find the trend, if you set it at 48, it will go back two days. Get the picture. Finding the correct HourRange and ZeroGMT is key to making this EA a successful EA.

This week has been hard, but let's see how the week finishes out. If we don't lose money, then the EA is stable. I am working now doing new optimizations on all currency pairs. I will post the optimization results in an Excel spreadsheet for all main currency pairs.

Reason: