Nonlagging Tools - page 4

BTW Igorad started this thread to collect opinions for possible improvements.

My opinion was that it should be very good to have not yellow bar for close/open trades but yellow zone for not to trade. I don't know it is difficult or not. Just an idea.

newdigital:
It is easy to say no. But more difficult to create the proposal how to improve.

After seeing all of the hard work, and excellent work, that you and Igorad put into this Forum, it is also easy to say 'yes' - and 'thank you'.

Igor

could you please post what settings you think are the best for the StepMA 7.1 and what timeframe do you use it on?

thanks for the help

pipeline:
Just a few remarks that come to my mind as I write.

About what I said on "robustness": indeed, one might argue that it's the data feeds that are not robust! But for all practical purposes, because I can't get the "ideal" feed, I have to put back the "robustness" criteria on the indicators, not on the feeds (if one excludes very bad feeds from brokers with too little volume or whatever).

Back to the feeds, you can get different data from the *same* broker! For an illustration take a 1 minute chart on Alpari demo feed: you may receive 1 tick for a given candle, while I don't receive any tick at all. I simply won't have any candle for that minute on my chart. This kind of noise isn't as rare as one might think. Of course, for longer time frames the impact will be very limited.

Cheers,

pipeline

I do not dispute with you. I agree.

Do you remember Fisher indicator which Igorad coded?

It is not painting the past.

The other example is digital filters: i started the thread and one person said that these indicators are useless. And I stoped. But in the same time Alpari broker used these indicators for their analysis to predict the price movement and they opened online training courses (for money) to teach people on how to use these indicators.

It is easy to say no. But more difficult to create the proposal how to improve.

Hi,

Some questions and answers:

- Do you know that different brokers have different data?

It's easy to test. It concern not only High/Low but Open/Close too.

- Do you know what can occur if the difference between data will be even one point?

In this case your condition can be executed or not.

- Dou you know that even MAs values differ?

It's easy to test too.

So we have deal with noisy data and sometimes your condition can't work properly.

Concerning StepMa settings - tests show that Kv=1.5 is optimal for any TF.

Igor

igorad:
Hi,

Concerning StepMa settings - tests show that Kv=1.5 is optimal for any TF.

Igor

Depending on what the indicator has to show you are what kind of system one is using the values can be different.

To trade on 1min. cable I use Kv 0.5-0.4 and stepsize 20. For euro I use Kv 0.3-0.4 and stepsize 20.

For dow-jones 5min. I use Kv 4 and stepsize 50. Fot Dow-Jones Kv 5.5 and stepsize 20. (and all of these values with great succes-- credit goes to the developper Igorad)

friendly regards ...iGoR

But what is the answer now to the instability. Because I read lots of answers and opions but they are all beside the point because like is said : StepMA7.1 shows the same readings and on the same data the NonLagMA shows different readings?....I know that data can be different on different brokers ( a few pips) but not in this way that signals are triggerd with nearly 1 hour difference (see zipfile)( short trade on alpari gmt 17.25h and on FXDD gmt 18.08)

Were the stapMA7.1 went short both on the same bar gmt 17.25h)

TNX in advance...iGoR

nina:
Igorad!!!

I just want to stress here publicly that you are one of the best programmers I've ever met.

Your work is awesome.

Thank you!!

Nina

I'm agree with you Nina

Igorad is Strong programin in Forex

and all works is amazing

Igor,

This is a great Indicator, can you post an Expert for it please

Thanks

CMC

Absolute Strenght indicator

Before I forget it, because people would have the impression that I'm negative minded, the Absolute strenght indicator is AGAIN A GREAT INDICATOR. I replaced the LaGuerre indicator in my trading system by the Absolute Strenght indicator.

Litlle detail or a small tip, maybe it is possible to make this indicator also in some sort of a step indicator to filter out the litlle false signals. If not possible no problem because it is by far the best indicator that shows strenght in the market. Also for those who use the juice indicator I can strongly recommend to replace it by the A-S indicator because it has nearly no lag (were the juice indicator has a lott of lag)

friendly regards ...iGoR

Reason: