Nonlagging Tools - page 5

Hopefully the next pictures can be more helpfull about closing prices and highs that the indicator needs to give signal. Both platforms have the same setting on the NonlagMA (0,30,0,10).

As you can see the differences are more then 1 or 2 pips before the NonlagMA turns from Short to Long. Based on closing price the indicator needed a close of 9 pips higher on the FXDD platform to go long.

In other words, the FXDD platform needed 3 higher tops before it went long(with the same settings). One can hardly call this a litlle difference between 2 different broker platforms.

The lows of the bottoms over that period, if needed to calculate the NonLagMA, were on both platforms the same.

Don't understand me wrong. With the remarks I make, I'm only trying to be constructive on making this indicator better.

WHY ?....Because the StepMA7.1 indicator is already a VERY GOOD and VERY RELIABLE indicator.

For ex. if you give the StepMa7.1 the following settings 10,0.5,20 on cable, then one knows that the indicator goes from long to short or from short to long when price goes PRECISLY 11pips ,above or bellow the indicator. This way one can manage perfectly his risk. If you would give it the settings 10,0.4,20 then one knows when price goes 9 pips above or bellow the indicator, then the indicator will turn from short to long or from long to short. Again one can PERFECTLY manage his risk.

Now we have the NonLagMA indicator and emmidaitly I look to the caracteristics of this indicator what it does better or worse then the StepMA7.1.

1) If one looks to the lag of the new indicator then is does not improve. If you want to improve it then you need to give it small values but then again you get to many false signals. So generally taken the StepMA7.1 beets the NonLagMA on giving signals faster.

If you give the NonLagMA values so it can beat the StepMa7.1 to be faster then it gives way to many false signals.

2) If one looks to the accuracy of the signals, like I said the StepMA7.1 has a pin-point accuracy (turns like a swiss watch) were the NonLagMA not always turns on the same levels. Even more, between 2platforms there are differences of 9 pips before the NonLagMA will turn.

If one looks on wich levels the NonLagMA turns then you will notice that on one moment it will turn on 8 pips and on an other moment it will only turn on 22 pips. So it becomes difficult to manage your risk.

About the remark that Newdigital makes that in a sideways market the reversal (yellow) should stay yellow, I dont realy agree on this because both indicators do already a fantastic job in a sideways market. In a strong sideways market a normall MA will give dozens of false signals were those 2 indicators will stay in one and the same color or signal. Meaning that those 2 indicators filter out al the signals that a normall MA would give. Good example of that are the 2 images I posted. During that late asain session both platforms stayed with 1 signal were a normall MA would have given severall false signals.

Hopefully the developper Igorad understands that my vieuws on the new indicator are only to HELP and improve the NonLagMA even more.

If that is not possible then no harm done because like I said the StepMA7.1 is already such a great indicator that it would surprise me that it can be improved. Because one can not endlessly improve an indicator.

Friendly greetings and keep up the GREAT work...iGoR

PS. On that same period (late asian session) the stepMA7.1 on the 2 platforms went long on different time bars. BUT both went long the first time there was a close at 1.8291.

1st image is were the Alpari platform went long....2nd image is were the FXDD platform went long (both have the same settings ( 0,30,0,10,1,0,0.0)

Files:
alapri.gif  39 kb
fxdd.gif  41 kb

You are right about step mode of this NonLag indicator. Probable you are using this step technique to trade. I did the same experiment yesterday with step mode of this indicator (NonLag) and I am fully agree with you (EURUSD M1 on North Finance and Alpari). I got the same results: the signals and colors of the lines were very different with these two brokers having similar data.

May be this StepMA is better, but I am not using it.

So my thinkings are still the same: it should be good to improve this indicator to show yellow zone instead of yellow bar.

Because I am interesting in this NonLag indicator to be as a filter only. First 3 versions of NonLag indicator was created without any step mode so I was interesting to use it instead of digital filters from the beginning to finish the digital filters' thread. Because it is very comforable to use one indicator with different settings instead of 3 or 4 digital filter indicators. Besides Kalenzo created very good indicator last week with digital filters (it was posted somewhere) and I may use both in that thread as well. And Igorad created very preliminary version of EA (yesterday) based on NonLag indicator (very preliminary and was not posted yet). So I am planning to continue the thread about digital filters.

Every indicator is having positive and negative properties and it is very good to understand them.

iGoR:
Before I forget it, because people would have the impression that I'm negative minded, the Absolute strenght indicator is AGAIN A GREAT INDICATOR. I replaced the LaGuerre indicator in my trading system by the Absolute Strenght indicator.

Litlle detail or a small tip, maybe it is possible to make this indicator also in some sort of a step indicator to filter out the litlle false signals. If not possible no problem because it is by far the best indicator that shows strenght in the market. Also for those who use the juice indicator I can strongly recommend to replace it by the A-S indicator because it has nearly no lag (were the juice indicator has a lott of lag)

friendly regards ...iGoR

Kalenzo created Fisher_exit indicator based on Fisher_v1 created by Igorad. So I was thinking that, may be, it is possible to use this AbsoluteStrenght indicator for exit (instead of Fisher_v1)?

Just an idea ...

Can you please post this Absolute Strenght indicator?

I can't find it using forum's search function...

Thanks!

beerhunter:
Can you please post this Absolute Strenght indicator?

I can't find it using forum's search function...

Thanks!

I attached. I use this indicator in ASCTrend thread for M30 and did not post all the indicators with the settings yet (will post next week).

Igorad wrote to me by PM:

"This tool show absolute strength of Bulls and Bears.

I've used RSI(Mode=0) and Stoch(Mode=1) methods."

I attached Fisher_exit indicator also (based on Fisher_v1). So may be somebody will create Absolute_exit indicator based on AbsoluteStrength with some settinng?

I can only locate StepMA v 7. Would someone be kind enough to post StepMA 7.1 please. Thanks.

Hi,

StepMA_v7.1 you can find here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173815/page5

Igor

Thanks again, Igor.

Settings

What is the ideal settings for the Absolute strength on the30M TF?

I have try use this NonlagMA in real live trading EUR/USD, compare with stepma, I think NonlagMA is more useful, filter most of the side way market. And just like iGoR say, every time when the trend change direction, it change between -21~-25pips, it is more easy manage our risk too ^_^. Now I have 66pips on hand ^_^.

I have a friend in www.fxfisherman.com. he is scorpion (it is his nickname ^_^) he is a great programer too in MT4. I think he can help to develop this indicator, right scorpion? ^_^

Reason: