Nonlagging Tools - page 6

Multitime frame

Can the nonlag_v4 indicator also be modified for Multi times frame as well. Think this too could also be usefull. by matching up different timeframes on the same chart.

Jorgka

cartoon,

which settings and timeframe of the non lag ma are you going to try?

Length:40 , Filter:10 in 5min Eur/Usd. I use normal MA cross over strategy for trading before, when the market gose trending every thing work fine ^_^ but in side way market it gose crazy. Ofcourse it is not MA fault, this is what MA will do.

The setting now I'm using of NonlagMA give less signal and less risk that I take ^_^, I can't say that it is perfect, but it give stable result and this is what I want. We must thanks to iGoR, igorad, newdigital and all of the member here ^_^

The topic now is a little stopped, any news about the trades with these indicators?

dellan:
The topic now is a little stopped, any news about the trades with these indicators?

Dellan,

One can not see this indicator as a stand allone system.

This indicator should be implemented in your strategy.

I use its sister indicator (the stepMA7.1) as a sort of overbougt oversold system or better as a low risk indicator. I will take positions were I see that the indicator is just on the edge to turn to the other side. But in combination with other indicators (oscillators) and the NonlagMA with the no filter function. If it turns then loss is very small if going back the right direction profit is many times bigger then your average loss.

Others will use this indicator as a pure trend following indicator in combination with others indicators or filters to filter out most of the false trades.

Some will use this on the low time frames some on the high.

There will be who use this indicator in a filter mode there will be that will use this indicator in a non filter mode.

So your question about the trades is a bit difficult to answer.

So those who like this indicator very much (In filter mode I like the stepMA7.1 much more because of its stability) will implement it in their personall strategys and each have different expectations of this indicator.

But I can't repeat it enough that the STEP indicators in generall brought trading to a much higher level (again TNX to Igorad).

regards...iGoR

iGoR:
Dellan,

I use its sister indicator (the stepMA7.1) as a sort of overbougt oversold system or better as a low risk indicator. I will take positions were I see that the indicator is just on the edge to turn to the other side. But in combination with other indicators (oscillators) and the NonlagMA with the no filter function. If it turns then loss is very small if going back the right direction profit is many times bigger then your average loss.

Others will use this indicator as a pure trend following indicator in combination with others indicators or filters to filter out most of the false trades.

There will be who use this indicator in a filter mode there will be that will use this indicator in a non filter mode.

So those who like this indicator very much (In filter mode I like the stepMA7.1 much more because of its stability) will implement it in their personall strategys and each have different expectations of this indicator.

But I can't repeat it enough that the STEP indicators in generall brought trading to a much higher level (again TNX to Igorad).

regards...iGoR

Igor, can you please demonstrate its use, i.e. stepMA7.1 with a couple charts please?

Thanks

svirgo:
Igor, can you please demonstrate its use, i.e. stepMA7.1 with a couple charts please? Thanks

Svirgo,

Place the stepMA7.1 on your chart and look to its behaviour. Give it different settings and look to what happens. Learn, teach yourself, study, investigate do lotts of research....it is the hard way but step by step you will become a trader that in no other way is possible.

I could post here charts of a compleet canned system based on this indicator.

It would probably help you to make more profit or in the worst case to lose less money but it will not help you in any way to become a better trader.

Don't get me wrong and I don't want to sound as a teacher but to many people are sitting here and are only looking for a system or a method or an EA or an indicator that could make them earn money( I see people using or testing EA's for weeks and they don't have the faintest idea or any clue what that EA does). They are not interesseted in becoming good traders true gaddering as much knowledge as possible. And with this knowledge trying to build their own strategys or systems. They are only interesseted in trying to earn money and as soon as possible and it does not matter how or with what.

You know my opinion about the stepindicators and all the indicators that Igorad made, concentrate only on them, study on them, learn what their behaviour is etc... and it will give you already and big edge to those who are looking to other indicators in trying to build a system or strategy or method.

friendly regards...iGoR

iGoR:
Dellan,

regards...iGoR

Igor,

i was testing some setups for the NLMA and i was seeing that it do very accurate results, and it should work alone if the market get every daythe way i am testing .

regards

Dellan

4h

Dear Igorad,

What settings do you recomend for NonLagMa for higher TFs like 4H (My favourite).

Thanks in advance,

amin1000

Hi,

Someone asked in another thread about the Histogram version of the Absolute Strenght indicator, so here it is. Mode_Histo 3 & 4 ( & 1 if i remember) show basically the same thing. Mode_Histo 2 is a bit counter intuitive, and doesn t look good.

It wasn t meant as a "final" histo product, so if someone feels like it, there s room for improvment and code cleaning.

Reason: