STEPMA intro

Ive recently download stepma_v6. Could someone please tell me the rules for the system? Thanks

harriss:
Ive recently download stepma_v6. Could someone please tell me the rules for the system? Thanks

About rules ask Igorad. He is the author of this indicator.

I have just some preliminary rules: attach indicator to the chart, check the right corner of the chart where StepSize value is written, input this value to the indicator's settings and change the BarNumber to the reasonable one. And change Color to true.

Hi,

StepMa isn't system, it is the indicator such as other moving averages, and can use only as a part of any system.

Basic input data are the StepSize and factor of sensitivity (Kv).

StepSize (in points) is average noise or average volatility for the certain quantity of bars ( BarsNumber=0 for full history ).

If StepSize=0 then it calculates automatically and shows in the top left corner.

If StepSize>0 then it will be constant for any BarsNumber.

Advance(in bars) and Percentage(in percents of StepSize) allow to displace StepMA ahead-back and upwards-downward accordingly.

By default StepMA calculates by Close if HighLow=true, a calculation is by High - Low and line is more sensitive in this case.

If Color=true you can use red or blue dots for Trailing Stops.

If StepMA is a straight line, it means that at the market in side trend.

If StepMA turned upwards, it is possible to open position for BUY,

downwards - for SELL.

Igor

StepMA7

Igorad:

I've recently come across your work by reading iGoR's posts and have started to play with the StepMA7.

First, thank you for the huge amount of work you seem to donate to the readers of these forums; it does not go unnoticed by the silent masses.

Second, I apologize for having to ask you the following question, but I can't seem to find the answer by searching the forums.

Does the above explanation apply to the newer StepMA v.7, and what are the differences in it's use? Feel free to point me to a thread where you've already explained it.

Thanks immensely for all your help (speaking for the other silent mass),

Ed

Hi Boiseboy,

Thanks for good words and please read explanations concerning new version

of StepMA_v7.

First, last version of StepMA has new architecture and your PC must say thanks for this. Besides you can use new version for development of your EAs and indicators. For example I have used StepMA_v7 in StepChoppy.

Second, I have added new options:

-MA_mode :

0 - StepSize calculates by HiLo range with SMA smoothing,

1 - with LWMA smoothing.

-ColorMode:

0 - one-color,

1- color lines ( blue and red) under or above prices for corresponding trends.

You can use these lines for Trailing Stops.

2- two-colored line like many other MA ( iGoR asked me about this option ).

Regards,

Igor

Perfect. Thank you for your quick reply; that's just what I needed.

We owe you big!

Ed (not responsible for the above cheesy graphic...)

Where can we find StepMA_v7 for download? A search didn 't find anything.

Good start in the new week!

Zendo:
Where can we find StepMA_v7 for download? A search didn 't find anything. Good start in the new week!

Hi,

You can find it here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Igor

igorad:
Hi,

You can find it here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Igor

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!

StepMA display error

I tried to code StepMA into a cross when I noticed something odd.

If you backtest an EA in visual mode, then StepMA displays correctly. What the EA is doing and the displayed indicator seem to match i.e. when a cross occurs action is taken

If you backtest normaly you will find that the indicator is displayed slightly differently. The EA still works according to the correct values of StepMA as shown when using visual mode but THE INDI IS JUST DISPLAYED WRONGLY.

So the indi is displayed with some slight differences and it appears that a cross hasnt occured when it has.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I am using StepMA_v7.1, there is a v7.2 out but the same problem occurs.

NB: The differences in the displayed values are small only 2-3 pips but they make a big difference with crosses

Sorry I havnt figured out how to add pics

I have a problem with the Step MA -- I have run this with one broker and it was all fine and then switched brokers and suddenly the MA shows completely different although the SAME settings - I can switch within the same MT4 from one acc at one broker to the other acc at the other broker and the settings of the StepMA remain identical but show HUGE difference - although the chart and pricing looks pretty identical too!a and the new broker tells me they have no specific settings for the indicator to not work or work "wrong" anyone an idea please? or can refer to someone who would know?

Reason: