Multiple Time frame Indicator

I have read some threads about multiple time frame indicator but I have not seen one that works quite the way I want it to. I have an indicator that plots something very similar to a pivot point on a 15 minute chart. It looks promising for entering positions. However it is hard to tell on a 15 minute bars without knowing what happens within the bar. If I drop down to a 1 minute bar the multi time frame templates I found here changes my indicator to a one minute indicator. What I want is my 15 minute indicator to graph on a 1 minute chart. I have tried a few thing such as counting every 15 1 minute bars but nothing seems to work. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

r, you need to be more specific. Which indicator? Does it have "input parameters?

If you see something such as "Timeframe Setting" or "Auto Timeframe Setting" default shoud be "Yes". Still hard to tell w/o seeing or knowing what you're referring to.

rbowles:
I have read some threads about multiple time frame indicator but I have not seen one that works quite the way I want it to. I have an indicator that plots something very similar to a pivot point on a 15 minute chart. It looks promising for entering positions. However it is hard to tell on a 15 minute bars without knowing what happens within the bar. If I drop down to a 1 minute bar the multi time frame templates I found here changes my indicator to a one minute indicator. What I want is my 15 minute indicator to graph on a 1 minute chart. I have tried a few thing such as counting every 15 1 minute bars but nothing seems to work. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

I am at work and do not have the code of what I am trying to plot. I am interested more in the general concept as compared to a specific strategy. I want to use it on more than one indicator. Let me try to explain with a very simple example. Lets say I want to graph the mid point on a 15 minute bar. That is easy to do. Now lets say I want that midpoint on a 1 minute bar. What you might end up with is a bunch of one minute mid points. What I want to see is a line that goes across 15 1 minute bars that represents that mid point. Once I can accomplish that I can substitute any indicator I choose for the midpoint.

I hope this helps to explain.

rbowles:
I am at work and do not have the code of what I am trying to plot. I am interested more in the general concept as compared to a specific strategy. I want to use it on more than one indicator. Let me try to explain with a very simple example. Lets say I want to graph the mid point on a 15 minute bar. That is easy to do. Now lets say I want that midpoint on a 1 minute bar. What you might end up with is a bunch of one minute mid points. What I want to see is a line that goes across 15 1 minute bars that represents that mid point. Once I can accomplish that I can substitute any indicator I choose for the midpoint. I hope this helps to explain.

Easily understood, but you need to post your indicator or is this your "own" that you don't want to share here?

ValeoFX:
Easily understood, but you need to post your indicator or is this your "own" that you don't want to share here?

It is nothing that is rocket science. I will post it when I get home from work.

Thanks,

Randy

try this 1

try this 1 if this is what u want?

sailor

Files:

Multi-time frame

Post your indicator on this thread and someone may be willing to convert it for you.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574

I have attached a moving average envelope. it is one of several indicators I want to apply the intra bar analysis. For example if I have a high envelope of 118 and a low of 117 on a 15 minute chart. I want to see 118 as a line on 15 bars on a one minute chart and the same for the 117. I will post this to the link as someone suggested but I believe that was the same thread I looked at prior to this post and I downloaded a few samples from it. When I selected a lower time frame it did not work as indicated above.

I also tried using the Icustom function. It worked on the 15 minute chart but went haywire on the 1 minute.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

Files:

rbowles:
I have attached a moving average envelope. it is one of several indicators I want to apply the intra bar analysis. For example if I have a high envelope of 118 and a low of 117 on a 15 minute chart. I want to see 118 as a line on 15 bars on a one minute chart and the same for the 117. I will post this to the link as someone suggested but I believe that was the same thread I looked at prior to this post and I downloaded a few samples from it. When I selected a lower time frame it did not work as indicated above.

I also tried using the Icustom function. It worked on the 15 minute chart but went haywire on the 1 minute.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

Is that what u want? I added a TF parameter with default as 15

Files:

elihayun:
Is that what u want? I added a TF parameter with default as 15

At first I got something weird so I read up on the functions you added and it looked OK. I then put in some print statements to debug and it suddenly seemed to work. I never changed any code. I am not even going to try to figure out why. I will now use this technique on several indicators I am looking at. Thanks everyone for the help.

Reason: