Elite indicators - metatrader 5 version :) - page 8

Graham

Try this version out. It is the version from l am using and it works in multi time frame mode (attaching an example of a 1 hour high low activator on a 15 minute chart). Let me know if it works on your terminal now

Gramski:
Hi Mladen,

Can I ask a huge favour and get you to look at this indicator? For some reason I can't use the MTF function on MT5. The indicator will attach but only with normal setting. Also could you possibly make it into an MTF bars version instead?? That would be greatly appreciated.

I hit on the idea of using Simba's 5m William's percent range entry idea, but instead of using a 4hr moving average to find the trend, using your high-low activator instead with 1hr setting. The only slight problem being if the activator gets the trend wrong but using Simba's idea with it gives some prime position entries and good risk/reward.

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Graham.

mladen:
Graham Try this version out. It is the version from l am using and it works in multi time frame mode (attaching an example of a 1 hour high low activator on a 15 minute chart). Let me know if it works on your terminal now

That's strange. I couldn't get that to work either so I tried downloading another terminal but still the same. If I select the mtf to 1hr on a one hour chart it attaches ok but when I change the periodicity to m15 the indicator disappears.

Graham

Try checking the journal or experts tab if some error is written out there. The problem is that I can not make it do the same error you have (on my terminal it is working - my build of metatrader 5 is 773, maybe if your build is not the same or greater that can cause problems)

Mladen

mladen:
Graham

Try checking the journal or experts tab if some error is written out there. The problem is that I can not make it do the same error you have (on my terminal it is working - my build of metatrader 5 is 773, maybe if your build is not the same or greater that can cause problems)

Mladen

Hmmm that's odd. I downloaded a new terminal build 773 but still the same. This is the error I get in the Experts tab:-

cannot load custom indicator 'minal\...\MQL5\Indicators\High Low activator-mtf' [4802].

It's only the mtf function that will cause the error. e.g if I have a 1hr chart and select 1hr on the mtf parameter it attaches but if I then change the periodicity of the chart to m5 for example it gives the error.

The only difference I can think is mine is .ex5 file with no source file?

Graham

1. What is the operating system you use?

2. Can any of the other indicator that is calculating multi time frame work on your terminal (this indicator for example : schaff trend cycle.mq5)

Gramski:
Hmmm that's odd. I downloaded a new terminal build 773 but still the same. This is the error I get in the Experts tab:-

cannot load custom indicator 'minal\...\MQL5\Indicators\High Low activator-mtf' [4802].

It's only the mtf function that will cause the error. e.g if I have a 1hr chart and select 1hr on the mtf parameter it attaches but if I then change the periodicity of the chart to m5 for example it gives the error.

The only difference I can think is mine is .ex5 file with no source file?

Yes the mtf on that file works fine for me. OS Windows 7 Home Premium - System type 64-bit.

Intel Core i3 cpu m380@2.53GHz, 4Gb RAM

(My theory of the .ex5 vs source file is not right either because I tried removing the Schaff Trend Cycle source file and leaving the .ex5 file and it still works fine).

Graham

Try out this version (here is how it looks on my terminal when in mtf mode - showing it with interpolation set to false in order to demonstrate the multi time frame mode)

Gramski:
Yes the mtf on that file works fine for me. OS Windows 7 Home Premium - System type 64-bit.

Intel Core i3 cpu m380@2.53GHz, 4Gb RAM

(My theory of the .ex5 vs source file is not right either because I tried removing the Schaff Trend Cycle source file and leaving the .ex5 file and it still works fine).

mladen:
Graham Try out this version (here is how it looks on my terminal when in mtf mode - showing it with interpolation set to false in order to demonstrate the multi time frame mode)

Yes that version works for me Thanks v much for your help Mladen.

Good

The thing is that Windows 7 version stores the stuff in a different manner and that had to be changed for it (in windows XP it worked OK but adaption to cover Windows 7 or 8 "ways" had to be made to know where is the indicator (in metatrader 5 you can have sub-folders in indicators folders and they will work OK) and what is the exact name of the indicator which is then used in mtf calculation)

Anyway, now I know what do I have to pay attention too in order to have an "universal" mtf

Gramski:
Yes that version works for me Thanks v much for your help Mladen.

mladen:
Good

The thing is that Windows 7 version stores the stuff in a different manner and that had to be changed for it (in windows XP it worked OK but adaption to cover Windows 7 or 8 "ways" had to be made to know where is the indicator (in metatrader 5 you can have sub-folders in indicators folders and they will work OK) and what is the exact name of the indicator which is then used in mtf calculation)

Anyway, now I know what do I have to pay attention too in order to have an "universal" mtf

Could I be a little cheeky and ask you for a bars version?

It's just a cosmetic difference, but it's a lot cleaner to look at when I have pivot points and other things on the charts when I'm analysing trades.

Reason: