Coding help - page 99

After-rage:
Hi everybody, I have a problem with my first EA on Metatrader 4. I have no errors, it looks very fine, but it doesn't work : it don't trade. It make me crazy because this code is very simple and i don't find the mistake. Thank you a lot, it's very nice to help me !

After-rage,

It is using "Indicateur" indicator which is missing from your post (not possible to test the EA without it)

mladen:
After-rage, It is using "Indicateur" indicator which is missing from your post (not possible to test the EA without it)

Oh yes sorry, excuse me, i'm tired. So here is the indicator ! Thank you for your answer

Files:

After-rage:
Oh yes sorry, excuse me, i'm tired. So here is the indicator ! Thank you for your answer

After-rage

Parameters for iCustom() call are not OK

You omitted first 3 parameters for the indicator in the iCustom() call

Try it out now

Files:

% variation indicator

Hi, there is an indicator that calculate the % variation starting at 00:00 ??

Oh mladen you're amazing ! It trades, not correctly but it trades. The behaviour of the last "Indicateur" seems a little strange so i try to change it. Unfortunately, there is the same problem : Indicateur parameters (Multiplier and Nbr_periods) are both on 0 when i want to do a backtest whereas it would not be like that. I work on this and i'll keep you updated ! Thank you a lot

k3rn3l, no ?

Okay, i'm back. So, Indicator is now perfect, but it remains a problem with trades. It doesn't trade when i want. Here is a screen of what I want. However, i don't find where is the problem in my code, i think maybe the word "Close[]" is wrong but i don't find another word to replace it. Thank you a lot !

Files:

After-rage:
Okay, i'm back. So, Indicator is now perfect, but it remains a problem with trades. It doesn't trade when i want. Here is a screen of what I want. However, i don't find where is the problem in my code, i think maybe the word "Close[]" is wrong but i don't find another word to replace it. Thank you a lot !

After-rage

Since that indicator is one version of super trend (a version that repaints in some cases) maybe the best would be to find the super trend version that does not repaint and then use that one

No even if i have a indicator that doesn't repaint, it's the same. Take a look if you want, there isn't buy trade, it's right just for some sell trade !

Thank you very much !

Files:

After-rage:
No even if i have a indicator that doesn't repaint, it's the same. Take a look if you want, there isn't buy trade, it's right just for some sell trade ! Thank you very much !

Here is one that will enter positions at correct places (it is using the attached super trend indicator that only gives signals for entries - compare it to the one you are using and you will see that the dots apper only when the trend is changing). What you have to do now is to add code for closing orders if signals change (if that is the way you wish it to work)

mladen

first i hope you are not mad at me any more..

second i have an error tryind to load the Ea

Files:
untitled_1.jpg  208 kb
Reason: