Coding help - page 449

Jeeves:
Many, many thanks mladen. Sorry for disappearing so quickly yesterday. I was highjacked by the grandchildren!!

That is the most important Happy trading

mladen:
That is the most important Happy trading

Hi mladen sir,

May i get mql4 file(hanic.ex4)? I want to know, how did you code it? i hope i ain't asking wrong.

You're among world's top mql traders. You're top notch guy, i know other guys can't do it so

you're the only hope.

regards

Good afternoon,

Since my experiences as well as skills in coding and in any kind of indicator customization are practically non existent, I would like to ask one of you gentlemen, if it was possible to add a simple alarm to SMMA ( Custom moving average ) when a cross between SMMA and Price appears.

I'm using smoothed SMMA 100 with 2 shift when trading 15-min GBP/USD. Even though this SMMA signals most of the moves bit later than needed, it is quite decent when applied with other indis and price action and useful for trend following.

Thanks in advance

(my apologies, if I posted my comment in a wrong thread )

Karl-FX:
Good afternoon,

Since my experiences as well as skills in coding and in any kind of indicator customization are practically non existent, I would like to ask one of you gentlemen, if it was possible to add a simple alarm to SMMA ( Custom moving average ) when a cross between SMMA and Price appears.

I'm using smoothed SMMA 100 with 2 shift when trading 15-min GBP/USD. Even though this SMMA signals most of the moves bit later than needed, it is quite decent when applied with other indis and price action and useful for trend following.

Thanks in advance

(my apologies, if I posted my comment in a wrong thread )

Karl

Simply take any moving averages cross indicator and set the period of one to 1. That way you shall have a cross of price and moving average

Just looking for an update on this. Thanks in advance

pipmagnet:
Good morning and thanks for your quick response. The page you directed me to has some interesting things in it but is not exactly what I need. Let me better explain....swing 1 of the zig/zag is 60 pips from top to bottom - swing 2 is 44 pips from top to bottom - swing 3 is 106 pips from top to bottom - swing 4 is 86 pips from top to bottom - the current swing is still active and adjusting to price. What I want to do is to have an indicator that will give the average number of pips of the last 4 completed swings as a number displayed on the chart. No need to see the zig/zag indy displayed on chart - just need the average of last "X" swings displayed. In the example above the indicator give me a reading of "74" ( 60+44+106+86 divided by 4 ) Hope this better explains it. Thanks in advance again.

pipmagnet:
Good morning and thanks for your quick response. The page you directed me to has some interesting things in it but is not exactly what I need. Let me better explain....swing 1 of the zig/zag is 60 pips from top to bottom - swing 2 is 44 pips from top to bottom - swing 3 is 106 pips from top to bottom - swing 4 is 86 pips from top to bottom - the current swing is still active and adjusting to price. What I want to do is to have an indicator that will give the average number of pips of the last 4 completed swings as a number displayed on the chart. No need to see the zig/zag indy displayed on chart - just need the average of last "X" swings displayed. In the example above the indicator give me a reading of "74" ( 60+44+106+86 divided by 4 ) Hope this better explains it. Thanks in advance again.

As far as I searched, there is no such indicator

Hi mladen, hope you had a relaxing week-end. Grandchildren have departed, & peace is restored!

May I, dare I ask for more help?

I have at last found an expert advisor I can live with ( getting on in years, and keeping it simple is the target)

The attached 'expert' is great as far as it goes. It closes the trade when a chosen profit, in pips, is reached.

What I would like to have added is a close at chosen Stop Loss, also in pips.

Could you possible do that for me?

Jeeves:
Hi mladen, hope you had a relaxing week-end. Grandchildren have departed, & peace is restored!

May I, dare I ask for more help?

I have at last found an expert advisor I can live with ( getting on in years, and keeping it simple is the target)

The attached 'expert' is great as far as it goes. It closes the trade when a chosen profit, in pips, is reached.

What I would like to have added is a close at chosen Stop Loss, also in pips.

Could you possible do that for me?

Jeeves

Why don't you place a hard stop loss (it is always safer to have a "hard" stop loss then a hidden one - remember what happened to people with SNB?)

mladen:
Jeeves Why don't you place a hard stop loss (it is always safer to have a "hard" stop loss then a hidden one - remember what happened to people with SNB?)

Good point...that's what age does for. Apart, that is, from getting lazy!

Many thanks....!

Hello Mladen. Can you please look at this threat, because when i insert it to my MT4 and start up again, i don't have an ex file. its the USC Murrey Math Oscillator V2

Reason: