Coding help - page 106

ok let me explore that

Hi everyone. I discovered this very useful indicator that helps me predict the direction of the new current candle, whether up or down. It is based on the research of the great Tom DeMarks who created what he calls TD points which from what I've been able to understand so far are types of fractals or pivot points. The indicator which I attached to this post is called LGP_Ivanoff_Maloma-Demark_Levels.mq4 and you can find a little info about it at:

LGP_Ivanoff_Maloma-Demark_levels - MQL4 Code Base

However, that site is in Russian so I created a shortened url link to the English translation of that site at:

LGP_Ivanoff_Maloma-Demark_levels - MQL4 Code Base

So far it has been my experience that whenever the indicator paints an arrow on the previous candle, the current candle/bar usually goes in the opposite direction of that arrow. To double confirm the direction of the current candle, I use it together with a Trend Lines Indicator called TL_by_Demark_v6.mq4 that uses T. Demark's Approach.

I also attached that indicator here but you can also download and get more info about it indicator here: Trend Lines Indicator Considering T. Demark's Approach - MQL4 Articles So far I've found that when using these two together the prediction of the current candle direction seems to be miraculously accurate. Here is a little more info on Tom DeMark (TD) points and Trendlines: Tom DeMark Trendlines

I'm not sure, but it seems like the arrows painted by the LGP_Ivanoff_Maloma-Demark_levels indicator show what DeMark calls Level 1 TD points.

Anyway, I would like to create a sort of scanner from the LGP_Ivanoff_Maloma-Demark_levels indicator to scan all the currency pairs my broker offers, a list of pairs that I specify, or all the pairs in my Market Watch list, then report a list on screen of only the currency pairs where the arrow is painted on the previous candle. Once I have that list I can then open only those charts with a template that adds other indicators such as TL_by_Demark_v6 to confirm the signals.

Unfortunately, I only just started learning to code in the mq4 language so I don't have a clue how to program such a scanner. Can anyone here code this scanner? If any of the expert coders here can code this I'll really appreciate it and I'm sure it will prove to be very useful for everyone here as well.

Thank you very much and I'll keep checking this thread for any responses.

indicator on indicator

hi all,

is there any simple way to use any indicator on any indicator for mt4?

thnks

anonimm:
hi all,

is there any simple way to use any indicator on any indicator for mt4?

thnks

No simple way in metrader 4 with custom indicators.

Hi Global,

Thanks for the LGP_Ivanoff_Maloma-Demark_Levels indicator.

I like to use the TDemark lines and I'm interested in seeing how these can work together.

Regards "scanning" multiple currency pairs...

Search for "dashboard indicators" and see the examples available to "scan" different currencies and show them on the screen using different TF's and indicators...

If you are interested in learning how to code MQL to make or modify your own indicators or EA...these "dashboard" examples will help you get started.

Here's a quick link for one example for you...

See Post #7 - MT4_Dashboard_I-V1.5.mq4

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178529

Hope this helps you,

Robert

Thank you very much Robert for your advice and for the Mt4_FX_Dashboard as a sample dashboard. I'll have a look at it and see if I can figure something out. However, although it may take me quite a while to wrap my head around the mq4 language as it's so new to me, I'll still try my best and enter the long learning curve. Nevertheless, it would be nice if an mq4 coder who already knows the answer can put together at least a basic scanner for the LGP_Ivanoff_Maloma-Demark_Levels indicator that I can use in the meantime. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and enter the mq4 battlefield. Thanks again Robert.

Regards,

Peter

the funny thing is...Ivanoff, Maloma & Demark never met...and don't know one another...:)

Hi.

It is correct write switch operator in this way? It always return me the value 0 for the variable that i try to set:

switch(Operazione)

{

case 0 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase;Lotti=LottiBase; break;

case 1 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*2;Lotti=LottiBase; break;

case 2 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*3;Lotti=LottiBase; break;

case 3 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*2;Lotti=LottiBase*Incremento; break;

case 4 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*3;Lotti=LottiBase*Incremento; break;

case 5 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*4;Lotti=LottiBase*Incremento; break;

case 6 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*3;Lotti=LottiBase*(2*Incremento); break;

case 7 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*4;Lotti=LottiBase*(2*Incremento); break;

case 8 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*5;Lotti=LottiBase*(2*Incremento); break;

}

dasio:
Hi.

It is correct write switch operator in this way? It always return me the value 0 for the variable that i try to set:

switch(Operazione)

{

case 0 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase;Lotti=LottiBase; break;

case 1 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*2;Lotti=LottiBase; break;

case 2 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*3;Lotti=LottiBase; break;

case 3 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*2;Lotti=LottiBase*Incremento; break;

case 4 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*3;Lotti=LottiBase*Incremento; break;

case 5 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*4;Lotti=LottiBase*Incremento; break;

case 6 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*3;Lotti=LottiBase*(2*Incremento); break;

case 7 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*4;Lotti=LottiBase*(2*Incremento); break;

case 8 : SL=SLBase;TP=SLBase*5;Lotti=LottiBase*(2*Incremento); break;

}

dasio

That switch code is OK. Check the rest of the code

Thank you i will check but it's correct for me.

Reason: