Coding help - page 531

Does anyone have an EA that will scale in and out of trades? It seems very simple but I do not know how to code. I am looking for the following operation:

Open Position

If Price Increases (X)

Then Sell (Y lots)

If Price Decreases (X)

Then Buy (Y lots)

Where X = number of pips

and Y=portion of open position

Does anyone have code that will do this or know where I can find it in the forum?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Best Regards,

Mike

a1arunner:
Does anyone have an EA that will scale in and out of trades? It seems very simple but I do not know how to code. I am looking for the following operation:

Open Position

If Price Increases (X)

Then Sell (Y lots)

If Price Decreases (X)

Then Buy (Y lots)

Where X = number of pips

and Y=portion of open position

Does anyone have code that will do this or know where I can find it in the forum?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Best Regards,

Mike

It should not be too difficult Mike (for my modest coding experience). Anyway, financially, it could destroy your account if not set property. What about a strategy like this, plus costs, in a 5 Min timeframe, sideway trending for 3 days? That's quite risky! It should be more convenient attach this rule to an already existent Money Management system in your EA.

That's only my opinion!

Regards

How can we use named pipes from MWL?

apprentice coder:
How can we use named pipes from MWL?

You can find some information here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/185048

mladen:
You can find some information here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/185048

I see

Thanks Have a nice we

apprentice coder:
I see Thanks Have a nice we

Good

Happy coding

Hi guys!

I am facing a strange thing (or better I cannot handle this! ).

I am trying to convert a my custom indicator, perfectly working, into an EA. I have set the iCustom function as follows:

double vwp_up=iCustom(_Symbol,0,"VWP - Price",1,0);

double vwp_down=iCustom(_Symbol,0,"VWP - Price",0,0);

Commenting those variables, to see their value, I get only random allocation numbers: 2147483647. Furthermore those values are constants and do not change over time (while back testing).

So it is impossible to trade! If I stop the backtesting, strange thing, in the indicator window I get and see "vwp_up" and "vwp_down" values and lines. Here is a pic:

How can I handle this?

Thanks!

Files:

mrtools:
Hello Henrykfx, that indicator is a moving average cross, that is using future values, and will repaint, there is a correct working version with alerts here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174409/page2

Thanks for your swift response . The indicator works fine for me.Please kindly help me in fixing the pop up notification and sound alert. It works for me, and i am in love with it. The alternative MA you suggested has different parameters that doesnt serve my purpose. If this will be your only help for ,i wont mind. please i am expecting it. Thanks once again.

har:
Hi guys!

I am facing a strange thing (or better I cannot handle this! ).

I am trying to convert a my custom indicator, perfectly working, into an EA. I have set the iCustom function as follows:

double vwp_up=iCustom(_Symbol,0,"VWP - Price",1,0);

double vwp_down=iCustom(_Symbol,0,"VWP - Price",0,0);

Commenting those variables, to see their value, I get only random allocation numbers: 2147483647. Furthermore those values are constants and do not change over time (while back testing).

So it is impossible to trade! If I stop the backtesting, strange thing, in the indicator window I get and see "vwp_up" and "vwp_down" values and lines. Here is a pic:

How can I handle this?

Thanks!

Solved...

har:
Can anyone tell me how to solve error 1114 while importing DLLs ? I am trying to convert a GARCH C++ model into an EA but I am keep getting this kind of error. I have tried to:
  1. Build Debug/Release mode: none
  2. Build x64 version to run into MQL5: none
  3. Check dependencies: the program alerts me with a lot of dlls missing but, when I run the test with another working DLL, same written in CPP, it returns to me the same alerts so I cannot understand what is really missing. It points to VC Redistributable DLLs, but I have installed (and re-installed) x86 and x64.

Could be an array that I am passing through? It is dereferenced in CPP code and referenced in MQL code.

I attach my codes, maybe if we let them work other users can use this EA. I cannot still test it for these reasons. I do not own the code but was freely downloadable and usable.

Thank you!

Hi mladen! Just to know have you kept an eye on it?

Thank you very much

Reason: