Coding help - page 526

techmac:
Even they look-a-like they are far from being similar when you run them. ex4 is a P-code. Its execution speed is at least 100 time slower than an equvalent C/C++ counterpart If you can, write the crucial parts in a C/C++ dll - it will be much faster

Hi techmac!

Yep I figured it out.. MQL as too many functions to do what in C++ you had to spent HOURS to set and write them out. It reflects, inevitably, on memory leaks and bottle necks while calling continuously fanctions of functions! However it is nice because it seems MATLAB as being in the middle between "raw" C/C++ and a kind of "guided" one. You are definitively right, I have already read surfing on web (even in MQL website) articles that suggested to write dlls in C/C++ purely and then feed MQL with this code. C++ is superspeed and, unfortunately, MQL cannot be compared! I fully agree with you

P.S. I have quickly read about a porting of MQL in Visual Studio, have you ever heard about? If so what do you think? I am always skeptical about language/platform portings...

Please can you add an option to choose which subwindow it displays in. ie 0,2,3,etc..

Corner selection included but only loads in window 1.

Kind regards,Z

zigflip:
Please can you add an option to choose which subwindow it displays in. ie 0,2,3,etc..

Corner selection included but only loads in window 1.

Kind regards,Z

zigflip

Try it out : open-positions-pips_zigmod_1.01.mq4

If you set the DisplayInWindowNo to less than 0, it will work as before

hello,

could someone help me please with enabling the option of drawing labels with date and time on the bottom of the line (marked on the screen) in indicator attached below? :-)

thank you :-)

Files:

freakout:
hello,

could someone help me please with enabling the option of drawing labels with date and time on the bottom of the line (marked on the screen) in indicator attached below? :-)

thank you :-)

Just set the back property of those lines to true (like this ObjectSet(name, OBJPROP_BACK, true);) and the labels will disappear

Hi guys!

I wish to know some.. If I write a DLL in VS and #include in it functions from custom libraries (e.g. Boost or QuantLib) can they be #include(d) in MQL Library .mq4? I saw the procedure to write and include DLLs from VS to MQL so my question is only about "compatibility".

Thanks!

P.S. I preferred to ask before write to avoid wasting of several hours of work...

har:
Hi guys!

I wish to know some.. If I write a DLL in VS and #include in it functions from custom libraries (e.g. Boost or QuantLib) can they be #include(d) in MQL Library .mq4? I saw the procedure to write and include DLLs from VS to MQL so my question is only about "compatibility".

Thanks!

P.S. I preferred to ask before write to avoid wasting of several hours of work...

It deepens how the functions are written (mql has some specific requirements). You have a sample in the metatrader\MQL\sample]\DLLsample folder how you have to do that

Then if I keep simple the output to the basic ones it should be work? I mean I wish to call those function that will return to me only doubles or, at least, an array. If the "dirty job" is made and included in that DLL and MQL should only grab the result from those DLL's functions should not be troubles, should they?

har:
Then if I keep simple the output to the basic ones it should be work? I mean I wish to call those function that will return to me only doubles or, at least, an array. If the "dirty job" is made and included in that DLL and MQL should only grab the result from those DLL's functions should not be troubles, should they?

har

Doubles as a response are no problem

Arrays are. The only way you can do that is to pass an array by reference and assign values to that array

I would do that. Using void functions to speed code up and always passing arrays by reference! I always do that in C++ then do it in MQL is not a problem!

Thank you very much mladen!

Reason: