Coding help - page 519

Which is the maximal size of an array used in metatrader?

apprentice coder:
Which is the maximal size of an array used in metatrader?

They specified only that the array can be maximum 4 dimensional. Other limitations were not specified

mladen:
They specified only that the array can be maximum 4 dimensional. Other limitations were not specified

OK. Thanks ,

Hello, Trend catcher expert need to time filter.Actually developer has coded this function in to the ea.But I can't working.I was deleted '' \\ '' characters for active to time filter.But it's not work help please.

Please help me for add an EA option.

Hi

I want to add an option in this EA, I m uploading EA, please anyone can help me for add Opposite trade option?

Thanks.

Files:
x_trader.rar  10 kb

mladen:
It should be converted to to EA or better yet to indicator (that way it would allow an EA ro be attached to the chart where the period converted is working and would allow multiple instances to be attached to the same chart)

Many thanks my friend, & sorry for the delay in replying. I had a curry that evening, & have been in trouble ever since! Next question - Could you, & would you, convert it to an indicator....?!

Me again : what is the maximal size for static arrays?

apprentice coder:
Me again : what is the maximal size for static arrays?

According to documentation total number of elements of an array can not exceed 2147483647. But that is true for global (and static) arrays.

If you try to is local arrays, they can not exceed 512kb, so it does not apply to local arrays.

Since static variables are a kind of global variables then, that limitation does not apply to it, but you risk memory problems if you use maximal size for those arrays

PS: working with arrays can get you one of the most funny errors : ERR_SOME_ARRAY_ERROR. What does that mean - no idea

mladen:
According to documentation total number of elements of an array can not exceed 2147483647. But that is true for global (and static) arrays.

If you try to is local arrays, they can not exceed 512kb, so it does not apply to local arrays.

Since static variables are a kind of global variables then, that limitation does not apply to it, but you risk memory problems if you use maximal size for those arrays

PS: working with arrays can get you one of the most funny errors : ERR_SOME_ARRAY_ERROR. What does that mean - no idea

OK. Thank you for additional information

Please decompile this indicator file at your earliest. Thanks in advance.

Files:
Reason: