Coding help - page 425

Mladen... where can i find a tutorial step by step to create a EA for binary options. . I have a excelente custom indicator..based in my strategy with 80 % win ratio, with or without news. Is powerfull .. Thx my friend.

Hello Pro Coders,

I would like to use the "Efficiency_v1.1" indicator as filter for ranging / sideways markets.

My idea would be to allow long trades after the signal line has crossed the 0 line.

When the signal is >0 long trades should be allowed and short trades after the the signal is <0.

Could someone please review my code?

extern string XXX="Efficiency";

extern int Price = 0; // Apply to Price(0-Close;1-Open;2-High;3-Low;4-Median price;5-Typical price;6-Weighted Close)

extern int Length = 10; // Period of Efficiency

extern int Smooth = 5; // Period of Smoothing MA

extern int Signal = 5; // Period of Signal MA

extern int MA_Mode = 0; // Mode of Smoothing MA

extern int NoiseMode = 0; // Mode of Calculation of Noise

double trend_ec = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Efficiency_v1.1","", Price,Length,Smooth,Signal,MA_Mode,NoiseMode,0,1,1); // Signal Buffer 1

double trend_ep = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Efficiency_v1.1","", Price,Length,Smooth,Signal,MA_Mode,NoiseMode,0,1,2);

if(clongs1) OpenBuy();

if(cshorts<maxshorttrades && trendc==-1 && trend_ep<-1) OpenSell();

Thank you in advance!

With kind regards,

TFI

Files:
efficiency.jpg  47 kb

tfi_markets:
Hello Pro Coders,

I would like to use the "Efficiency_v1.1" indicator as filter for ranging / sideways markets.

My idea would be to allow long trades after the signal line has crossed the 0 line.

When the signal is >0 long trades should be allowed and short trades after the the signal is <0.

Could someone please review my code?

extern string XXX="Efficiency";

extern int Price = 0; // Apply to Price(0-Close;1-Open;2-High;3-Low;4-Median price;5-Typical price;6-Weighted Close)

extern int Length = 10; // Period of Efficiency

extern int Smooth = 5; // Period of Smoothing MA

extern int Signal = 5; // Period of Signal MA

extern int MA_Mode = 0; // Mode of Smoothing MA

extern int NoiseMode = 0; // Mode of Calculation of Noise

double trend_ec = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Efficiency_v1.1","", Price,Length,Smooth,Signal,MA_Mode,NoiseMode,0,1,1); // Signal Buffer 1

double trend_ep = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Efficiency_v1.1","", Price,Length,Smooth,Signal,MA_Mode,NoiseMode,0,1,2);

if(clongs1) OpenBuy();

if(cshorts<maxshorttrades && trendc==-1 && trend_ep<-1) OpenSell();

Thank you in advance!

With kind regards,

TFI

First you have to change the iCustom(0 to following :

double trend_ec = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Efficiency_v1.1",Price,Length,Smooth,Signal,MA_Mode,NoiseMode,0,1,1); // Signal Buffer 1

Also try changing trend_ec>1with (trend_ec>0 && trend_ep1 with (trend_ec0)

Based on the 3 day range technique (including midpoint) I noticed that in forex the midpoint from the previous day, week and month acts as a very reliable level of support and resistance (specially weekly midpoint) sometimes even better than high and low levels and central pivot point. And of course the 3 day range midpoint is still a great S&R level to determine intraday trend direction on breakouts or rebounds.

I'm using an indicator for MT4 (attached) that plots previous day, week, month high and low levels and was wondering if anyone can help on how to make the indicator to plot also the midpoints of theses ranges?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers!

mtf_high-low.mq4

Files:

I found this indicator in a thread, but I would like to indicate the price when changing the signal, now draws an arrow above or below the bar, someone can help me to change it?

thank you in advance

Files:

mladen:

double trend_ec = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "Efficiency_v1.1",Price,Length,Smooth,Signal,MA_Mode,NoiseMode,0,1,1); // Signal Buffer 1

mladen:

Hi Mladen,

thank you very much for your valuable suggestion.

I have implemented your idea, maybe I did something wrong, but MT4 is loading

and removing the custom indicator all the time.

Could you please review my code once more?

double trend_ec = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Efficiency_v1.1","", Price,Length,Smooth,Signal,MA_Mode,NoiseMode,0,1,1); // Signal Buffer 1

double trend_ep = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Efficiency_v1.1","", Price,Length,Smooth,Signal,MA_Mode,NoiseMode,0,1,2);

int clongs = 0;

int cshorts = 0;

for(i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0; i--)

{

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) clongs++; // Check Long Traded Positions.

if(OrderType()==OP_SELL) cshorts++; // Check Short Traded Positions.

}

if(trendc!=trendp)

{

if(clongs 0 && trend_ep<0)) OpenBuy();

if(cshorts < maxshorttrades && trendc==-1 && (trend_ec0)) OpenSell();

}

}

2015.01.28 18:23:04.119 2014.11.10 08:57 Custom indicator Efficiency_v1.1 EURUSD,M1: removed

2015.01.28 18:23:04.117 2014.11.10 08:57 Custom indicator Efficiency_v1.1 EURUSD,M1: loaded successfully

2015.01.28 18:23:04.114 2014.11.10 08:57 Custom indicator Efficiency_v1.1 EURUSD,M1: removed

Thank you in advance!

With kind regards,

TFI

tfi_markets:
Hi Mladen,

thank you very much for your valuable suggestion.

I have implemented your idea, maybe I did something wrong, but MT4 is loading

and removing the custom indicator all the time.

Could you please review my code once more?

double trend_ec = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Efficiency_v1.1","", Price,Length,Smooth,Signal,MA_Mode,NoiseMode,0,1,1); // Signal Buffer 1

double trend_ep = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Efficiency_v1.1","", Price,Length,Smooth,Signal,MA_Mode,NoiseMode,0,1,2);

int clongs = 0;

int cshorts = 0;

for(i=OrdersTotal()-1;i>=0; i--)

{

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY) clongs++; // Check Long Traded Positions.

if(OrderType()==OP_SELL) cshorts++; // Check Short Traded Positions.

}

if(trendc!=trendp)

{

if(clongs 0 && trend_ep<0)) OpenBuy();

if(cshorts < maxshorttrades && trendc==-1 && (trend_ec0)) OpenSell();

}

}

Thank you in advance!

With kind regards,

TFI

TFI

You have one extra parameter that should not be there : the "" after the indicator name (after "Efficiency_v1.1"). Delete the "" part (empty string) after the indicator name name

Hi.

I was wondering if a script is available to show the values of buffers of an indicator which is being used on the chart.

Farhad_1:
Hi. I was wondering if a script is available to show the values of buffers of an indicator which is being used on the chart.

Hi Farhad_1, don't know of a script, but if you go to an open chart and click on view then data window you can get your indicator values there.

Files:
data_window.png  69 kb

Thank you mrtools

That's exactly what I was looking for. However, checking it with an indicator such as BBands_Stop, I can see when in uptrend, the downtrend Line's value is blank. The value of a buffer can not be blank, so what value in MT4 translate to a blank result?

Also checking BBands_Stop_v3_BAR, it seems MT4 does not even recognise the indicator and nothing shows for the indicator window in the Data Window, although the indi is attached to the chart.

Reason: