Coding help - page 428

Hi Mladen!

Did the indicator, based on gold.

Cause it expert with the symbol of Euro dollar.

Occurs incorrect opening positions.

double price=iCustom(NULL,0,"экстра\\TSIgOLD",Period_MA_1,p2,p3,p4,simvol,1,1);

if (price > 0)Opn_B=true;

if (price <= 0)Cls_B=true;

Is there a possibility of correct call another character?

Thank you in advance.

tsigold.mq4

Files:
1_20.jpg  57 kb
tsigold.mq4  4 kb

Hi Guys, i hope i'm not posting in the wrong post;

I have been trying to edit this autofibo indicator. I would like to have the difference fibonacci levels display as shorter line.

I tried adding the OBRPROP_RAY to false; but still couldn't figure it out. If someone could help me out by changing the coding to make the level shorter (length=2-3 candle).

Thank you guys

Files:

Hi mladen...you've helped me out so I wanted to ask you a question about coding divergence. Yesterday, you helped me by turning my stochastics indicator into an mtf version. You edited the mtf macd osma indicator in image as well. Both are helpful.

What I'm wondering is specifically with the mtf macd osma indicator...I'm using higher time frames to determine short term trend changes using divergence. It's a helpful filter.

Say I'm on the 15 min chart. I often use the 30 or 60 min time frame on osma to see divergence. It would be really helpful to have lines drawn on these various indicator time frames to show when it appears on chart, as in image. I just grabbed an instance where both are on the chart...moving average and histogram divergence.

I suspect it's a nightmare to try to code this, am I right?

Thanks,

jbozman

Files:
divergence.png  227 kb

jbozman:
Hi mladen...you've helped me out so I wanted to ask you a question about coding divergence. Yesterday, you helped me by turning my stochastics indicator into an mtf version. You edited the mtf macd osma indicator in image as well. Both are helpful.

What I'm wondering is specifically with the mtf macd osma indicator...I'm using higher time frames to determine short term trend changes using divergence. It's a helpful filter.

Say I'm on the 15 min chart. I often use the 30 or 60 min time frame on osma to see divergence. It would be really helpful to have lines drawn on these various indicator time frames to show when it appears on chart, as in image. I just grabbed an instance where both are on the chart...moving average and histogram divergence.

I suspect it's a nightmare to try to code this, am I right?

Thanks,

jbozman

Okay...since I didn't get a reply, I'm not sure if this was in the right thread...overall, I would like to have this mtf indicator modified to have these divergent lines on the various timeframes coded into this indicator...which is why I selected this thread for coding help. This indicator, from what I could tell, hasn't been modified like this. Did a search and came up dry.

So I was trying to be respectful of the time needed to modify this indicator. I suspected this modification would be difficult, and wanted to be respectful of (mladen's) time.

I will attach the indicator and ask for it to be modified to show divergence on the moving averages and the histogram and see what response that gives me:)

Oh...I've seen divergence before added to various indicators. The problem I see with many is that the lines are only drawn across a day or so or across sessions....like London and US...I would ask that divergence on this be coded...if possible...to show up across days and weeks. If I'm using the mtf set to 240, a great entry is across days or even a week or more.

Hopefully, I'll get a response now:) or be shut down or told to move it to another thread. All of which are okay; however, having these lines would be freaking amazingly helpful.

Cheers,

jbozman

Files:

jbozman:
Okay...since I didn't get a reply, I'm not sure if this was in the right thread...overall, I would like to have this mtf indicator modified to have these divergent lines on the various timeframes coded into this indicator...which is why I selected this thread for coding help. This indicator, from what I could tell, hasn't been modified like this. Did a search and came up dry.

So I was trying to be respectful of the time needed to modify this indicator. I suspected this modification would be difficult, and wanted to be respectful of (mladen's) time.

I will attach the indicator and ask for it to be modified to show divergence on the moving averages and the histogram and see what response that gives me:)

Oh...I've seen divergence before added to various indicators. The problem I see with many is that the lines are only drawn across a day or so or across sessions....like London and US...I would ask that divergence on this be coded...if possible...to show up across days and weeks. If I'm using the mtf set to 240, a great entry is across days or even a week or more.

Hopefully, I'll get a response now:) or be shut down or told to move it to another thread. All of which are okay; however, having these lines would be freaking amazingly helpful.

Cheers,

jbozman

jbozman

In am not sure what does the "I would ask that divergence on this be coded...if possible...to show up across days and weeks." means. Almost all divergence indicators are showing divergences over the whole chart (no limit). The only limit is the time frame used for the divergence

As of how divergence can be solved for multi time frame indicators, you can see that from the indicators at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page535

mladen:
jbozman

In am not sure what does the "I would ask that divergence on this be coded...if possible...to show up across days and weeks." means. Almost all divergence indicators are showing divergences over the whole chart (no limit). The only limit is the time frame used for the divergence

As of how divergence can be solved for multi time frame indicators, you can see that from the indicators at this post : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page535

You know mladen, trying to write about why I wrote it that way will make it even more confusing. The experience I had was with an mtf stochastics indicator which probably wasn't coded properly.

It painted very few signals...for instance, if I was on the 15 min chart window, and used the 60 min mtf stochastics indicator, it seemed that it would only paint lines on the current day. I got very few signal lines that would paint from previous days on either the mtf indicator window or the chart window. It probably wasn't coded properly.

If I switched to the 60 min chart, I would have gotten signal lines to paint. But when switching back to the 15 min chart window, I didn't seem to get the higher mtf indicator time frame lines to paint. So I stopped using it and started using this mtf osma macd and used my eyes to see divergence. Does that make sense?

This mtf osma macd shows a boatload of divergent signals. To quickly spot them would be helpful. Of course, not all signals are entries. Drawing lines is really time consuming across many pairs and time frames. Having this indicator do it for me would help me reduce the amount of time it takes to do this.

Since you helped me and you REALLY seem to know know your stuff, I would love to have this mtf osma macd indicator modified to show divergence on the moving averages and the histogram. And that's where I was asking if would you take on such a task or if it was too time consuming.

I'm not a coder, so finding help in how divergence is resolved on mtf is Greek to me. I just want to use the indicator with divergence coded into it:)

So my request is for this to be made to show divergence on the moving averages and histogram. With that said, are you saying to now move this request this under the mtf thread or to "fahgetaboutit?"

Thanks-

Младен! Помогите сделать многокадровых индикатор ppo.ex4ppo.mq4

Files:
ppo.ex4  8 kb
ppo.mq4  3 kb

arina:
Младен! Помогите сделать многокадровых индикатор ppo.ex4ppo.mq4

arina

Take any multi time frame macd that calculates signal line as EMA (as it should) and use that one. There will be some differences, but the signals difference will be so marginal that the difference between PPO and macd can be ignored

Files:
ppo.gif  67 kb

Good morning Coders,

I am just looking for a simple modification to the attached indicator (well it was not simple for me). All I need is a text label to the right that simply says Open. Thanks in advance for your help!!!

I have tried to 'compile' this indicator, but it shows an error. Could some kind soul have a go at getting rid of the error?

Reason: