Coding help - page 357

morro:
How are you using inverted prices?

Psychologically we always in dual mindset when making decisions. At the same time if we can see reverse side it helps.

generally all indicators in separate windows are nothing but another form of price I am using reverse on same chart.

Would anyone be so kind as to take a look at my request in post 3556 please ?

If possible ...

Wulong

Wulong10:
Hi Mladen (or Mrtools)

I think you remember we had a discussion about adding an alert to the SSA MA when the SSA would cross with its MA.

You said the SSA recalculates or 'repaints' (I hate that word ...). Of course you are right, but I still do not agree on the M1, because in my experience it's not a big deal over there. Enfin, soit ...

I don't need that alert anymore, because the crossing happens mostly very early, it's easy to see ...

But, what I really would like, is an alert when the SSA crosses the -0.3 level from UNDERNEATH only.

And also an alert when the SSA crosses the 0.3 line from ABOVE only.

Just look at the arrows I have put there my self on the chart in the SSA subwindow.

Of course adding the extra levels (-0.3 and 0.3) would be great.

Thank you your greatness !!!

In the code there is one line that goes like this :

for( i=size-1; i>=0; i--)

You will notice in the code that it always recalculates all the N bars of SSA. It is because all the values of the SSA are a subject of change. I know that Klot have used a kind of a signal, but even he have told to everybody that SSA recalculates (he even used the word repaint - risuet) with only one wrong thing he told - he told that the recalculation is limited to lag bars, which is not true : as I told SSA for number of computations larger than 1 recalculates all the values

Please, avoid using it in any signaling mode. SSA was mainly meant to be used for stationary data analysis and probably the whole confusion comes from that. We are not using stationary data in forex and that makes the signaling mode usage of SSA very dangerous. It should be used for estimation only in forex

I know, Mladen that it recalculates, I know too that it's dangerous to follow only the SSA. But as the SSA gets the help of a Stoch, RSX, RSI, MACD, Gadi stuff, Bollinger Bands, ADX, Genesis stuff ....there is not really a danger for me to make the wrong estimation.

I have been training for months with the SSA and I know what it does on the M1 and the M5. I will always use it but never alone ...

If you just tell me how to code what I have been asking, it would be great !

Otherwise I would figure it out my self, but it would take me hours and it might not work and I have promised my wife to watch a movie this evening when the children finally get to sleep ...

Of course, if you have promised your wife the same thing, please listen to her.

I can wait ...

PS : and if your wife wants to code it instead of you, you don't need to post it here, otherwise newbies would have problems, you can PM me ...

sound alert to candle indicator

Mladen,

I've been using the attached indicator for a few years. I am hoping that you could add an option for a sound alert for the candle color change. I would like an option for an alert on either an open or closed candle. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Files:

Mladen please help me., edit my EA to add take profit and stop loss at each open transaction., this ea hedging marti., perhaps only that, thank you

eahed.mq4

Files:
eahed.mq4  17 kb

Hi Mladen !

I believe you created this one indicator, I really like it !

parabolic_sar_of_ma.mq4

Tried to modify it a little bit... but it's still acting funky ( I messed it up haha).. could you please change the settings to make it look at bar open instead of bar close ? Hoping to get a non re-painter on the second dot at least ( on first dot even better ...

Thanks in advance,cheers !

Files:

U welcomed

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Mastercash,

Good to hear it's working...

To satisfy our curiosity...what did you do to get it to work...?

Regarding "immediately take another SELL on EURUSD regardless whether the signal is still valid or not"...

From what I see...so many indicators in your Buy/Sell conditions makes it confusing to separate what's happening.

For further testing...I suggest you simplify the conditions to just one indicator -

Example - just use your EMA 5 and EMA 13 crossings... If this works...then add your other conditions...

With that said...there does seem something wrong with the Buy/Sell routines in this EA template...among other things...

I did try the simple EMA crosses and it does trade continuously the same order type...even if the opposite condition becomes true.

What you might try is...search for Mladen's EA's and use them as your new EA template... You should have less problems and better results that with this EA...

Just insert your user settings and your Buy/Sell conditions in the new EA template and try again...

That's the best I can suggest without someone re-writing the EA from scratch...

Hope this helps,

Robert

* Note - by "Mladen's EA's"...I mean those that are available in the free public section. Hopefully this recommendation is taken as a compliment to a great coder.

razo:
Hi Mladen !

I believe you created this one indicator, I really like it !

parabolic_sar_of_ma.mq4

Tried to modify it a little bit... but it's still acting funky ( I messed it up haha).. could you please change the settings to make it look at bar open instead of bar close ? Hoping to get a non re-painter on the second dot at least ( on first dot even better ...

Thanks in advance,cheers !

razo

Simply use price open (1) in the MaPrice parameter - that should do it

Hi, Mladen...

kindly direct me to any of new mt4 ea template that I can use to complete my ea.this ea is currently repeating trade.e.g if it close eurusd sell, it will automatically open another sell trade on eurusd again.This is the ea code below in case you can help correct the fault.I dont want the ea to retrade the same ordertype() on the same ordersymbols() concurrently:

Files:
nicetrader.mq4  26 kb
Reason: