Universal MA Cross EA - page 3

Fxparadise:
Firedave

Thanks for your sugestion .

What do you think add Hull trend indicator to confirme the trend ?

I am testing this strategy in H4 .

See the results look good .

Good results Fxparadise, what setting you are using?

Thanks in advance

laserjet

HMA period 20

price 0

Displecement 0

All default setting .

FXGuy2000:
so really then, it's going to open another trade in the same direction before another signal is generated, without that setting you mention set to 'True'?

Hi, the current EA will open another trade if you close the current trade manually, regardless any setting we use. Need additional code to prevent this to happen. Hope this help

Fxparadise:
Firedave

Thanks for your sugestion .

What do you think add Hull trend indicator to confirme the trend ?

I am testing this strategy in H4 .

See the results look good .

Hi Paradise, thank you for the suggestion. Can you post the EA that you are using so I could look at the logic behind the strategy ? Or just let me know your trading rule using HMA. Thank you in advance

Firedave

I do not have EA , will be nice if some one built or add in some another strategy .

I use 2 indicator . hull trend and hour channel indicator .

The rule is simple :

take long if price archive bottom support and hull trend color change from red to blue ,or take long if Top resistence breakout happen and hull color is blue or when color change from red to blue . short is opposite of above .Also I use middle line sup/ resist with same above logic and place TLS 50pips .

I am started test this strategy few days ago , maybe the people here can help us to develop strategy or add somethink in your strategy .

See the indicator

Files:

Fxparadise:
Firedave

I do not have EA , will be nice if some one built or add in some another strategy .

I use 2 indicator . hull trend and hour channel indicator .

The rule is simple :

take long if price archive bottom support and hull trend color change from red to blue ,or take long if Top resistence breakout happen and hull color is blue or when color change from red to blue . short is opposite of above .Also I use middle line sup/ resist with same above logic and place TLS 50pips .

I am started test this strategy few days ago , maybe the people here can help us to develop strategy or add somethink in your strategy .

See the indicator

Hi Paradise, thank you for your trading plan, I will take a look on it. Maybe we need a seperate EA

min distance for slow and fast ma

would you please put the minimum distance feature between the crossing of slow and fast ma for confrming entry position.because if it cross only 1 point, it 98% definitely false breakout.thx in advance

kucinx:
would you please put the minimum distance feature between the crossing of slow and fast ma for confrming entry position.because if it cross only 1 point, it 98% definitely false breakout.thx in advance

Hi kucinx, sounds like a good idea. What is your suggestion for the minimum distance of a valid cross ? Thank you in advance

firedave:
Hi, the current EA will open another trade if you close the current trade manually, regardless any setting we use. Need additional code to prevent this to happen. Hope this help

Guess what? I just closed the trade manually and it never opened another trade.

But what I have noticed though, it's opened trades on USD/CHF and USD/JPY, but it hasn't opened trades on the AUD/USD when crossover appeared.

This was on the 5 minute chart, trading it live.

FXGuy2000:
Guess what? I just closed the trade manually and it never opened another trade.

But what I have noticed though, it's opened trades on USD/CHF and USD/JPY, but it hasn't opened trades on the AUD/USD when crossover appeared.

This was on the 5 minute chart, trading it live.

HI FXGuy

How are your trades going...can you please tell what setting you are using

Thanks

Babar

Reason: