Coding help - page 358

Mastercash:
Hi, Mladen... kindly direct me to any of new mt4 ea template that I can use to complete my ea.this ea is currently repeating trade.e.g if it close eurusd sell, it will automatically open another sell trade on eurusd again.This is the ea code below in case you can help correct the fault.I dont want the ea to retrade the same ordertype() on the same ordersymbols() concurrently:

Mastercash

Try out this one : nicetrader_1.01.mq4

It should prevent opening a new order of a same type if a same type order has already been closed on the current bar

Files:

zanuar:
Mladen please help me., edit my EA to add take profit and stop loss at each open transaction., this ea hedging marti., perhaps only that, thank you eahed.mq4

zanuar

You can not use stop loss on a martingale EA (the whole logic of a martingaling trading system is based on not using stop losses (or take profits))

mladen

Why don't we use global variables for EA communication?

apprentice coder:
mladen Why don't we use global variables for EA communication?

Multiple reasons :

1. It is folder dependent - if you try to use the same global variable from another folder of the same PC, you will not see it

2. It is PC dependent - if you try to use the same global variable from another PC, you will not see it

3. If you reinstall metatrader - global variables are lost

4. for all those reasons it simply does not allow account based EA communication - ie : it is unfit for the task

mladen:
zanuar You can not use stop loss on a martingale EA (the whole logic of a martingaling trading system is based on not using stop losses (or take profits))

so if its logic in changing it will change the overall coding yes.,., okey thank you mr mlden

mladen:
Multiple reasons :

1. It is folder dependent - if you try to use the same global variable from another folder of the same PC, you will not see it

2. It is PC dependent - if you try to use the same global variable from another PC, you will not see it

3. If you reinstall metatrader - global variables are lost

4. for all those reasons it simply does not allow account based EA communication - ie : it is unfit for the task

Never thought that way

thanks

Thank Mladen...

I hav an Idea for you...I can see that you are really facing challenges from upcoming ea programmers, questions pouring in almost every minutes, why cant you develop a central template for everyone and give details tutorial on it.This we help us all and also easy your burden.You may even decides to charge some bucks! Just a suggestion, anyway.

mladen:
Mastercash

It should prevent opening a new order of a same type if a same type order has already been closed on the current bar

Haw can I sort closed orders (with all their information) in a descending time of closure order?

Mladen,

Now it has stop trading completely once I loaded this one you corrected......what can we do now?

mladen:
Mastercash

Mastercash:
Mladen, Now it has stop trading completely once I loaded this one you corrected......what can we do now?

Mastercash

That EA is not opening order even if that check is thrown out (so if the part of code that was added to it is removed it still does not open orders). Also, when tested, the one that you posted (the original) does not open orders.

Did the version that you posted ever trade at all?

Reason: