Coding help - page 102

jeffpark:
Tried it out mrtools, but I think I need to see the pdf or whatever instructions there is so I must have some of the parameters set incorrectly. "Trading hours"! as a comment on the chart. Do you know of such a document please?

Regards

Jeff

Jeff, didn't make a pdf when I coded it, when it shows "Trading Hours!" means either the time filter is off or if on the time specified is within the trading time, if not then it would say "Non-Trading Hours!" the settings for the time filter are here

extern string tf = "Time Filter";

extern bool UseHourTrade = false;

extern int FromHourTrade = 8;

extern int ToHourTrade = 19;

If you have any more questions though feel free to ask.

Indicator or script to download history of price in MT4 b500

To display indicators corectly, I need to download history of price of major symbols in MT4 b500. Traditional way of pressing PgUp or Home consumes so much time, especially every time I test new ideas in demo platform. If you have better ways available, please share. Thank you very much.

OK mrtools here we go

1. What is l and s stop Loss & TP & tailing?
  2. Slippage is simply the max difference between the actual cross & price at which the trade can be taken I assume – so a fast cross might to be taken if it is too tight.
  3. Is risk a percentage or a fractional number of 1?
  4. maPrice is?
  5. What does cl mean? Used with the ma properties.
  6. Is there a way of setting a minimum distance from the cross value to when the trade is taken? I want to be able to eliminate 'noise' crosses & by setting slippage a little higher & with this I would safeguard getting the highe velocity crosses

Regards

Jeff

jeffpark:
OK mrtools here we go
  1. What is l and s stop Loss & TP & tailing?
  2. Slippage is simply the max difference between the actual cross & price at which the trade can be taken I assume – so a fast cross might to be taken if it is too tight.
  3. Is risk a percentage or a fractional number of 1?
  4. maPrice is?
  5. What does cl mean? Used with the ma properties.
  6. Is there a way of setting a minimum distance from the cross value to when the trade is taken? I want to be able to eliminate 'noise' crosses & by setting slippage a little higher & with this I would safeguard getting the highe velocity crosses

Regards

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

1) The l and s stand for long(buy orders) or short(sell orders).

2) No Slippage is difference between your the EA's estimated transaction cost(ask-bid) and the amount actually paid(usually broker requotes), you can specify an maximum amount allowed.

3)Maximum risk is a money management feature, if its greater than zero, then the higher the setting the larger your lot size will be, if used would recommend a setting of something around .02.While on money management the setting Decrease factor is amount of loosing trades in a row before the EA will reduce your lot size to the minimum.

4)Ma Price settings can be as follows- 0 = close price, 1 = open price, 2 = high price, 3 = low price, 4 = Median Price, 5 = typical price, and 6 = weighted close.

5)The cl. is short for close its just the settings for the close on Ma cross, if they are the same as the original settings then would be a OCO type situation.

6)No, that is not coded in the EA do know the Universal Ma Cross has this, if memory serves me correctly it is called MaDistance in that EA.

Hi mrtools - thank you very much for the amazingly response, as well as its content1

Jeff

Hi mrtools - I assume that Universal_Cross_EA+ecn1.05 is the right version for FXCM (which, as you know, takes trades as tho' it is a proper ECN)?

Regards

Jeff

jeffpark:
Hi mrtools - I assume that Universal_Cross_EA+ecn1.05 is the right version for FXCM (which, as you know, takes trades as tho' it is a proper ECN)?

Regards

Jeff

Jeff

Since mrtools is other time zone, hop you don't mind that I will answer

Yes, you are right. And as far as FXCM is concerned, keep the slippage parameter at at least 3 points (otherwise there will be some errors in trading)

Thank you mladen - you guys have an amazingly responsive forum.

Regards

Jeff

Hi again, can you make it this ea work on real account with this script. I did try, but not working I think need connection ea with this script. Yhank you...

In the script code is for usdchf, but will be good that script can download for eurusd,gbpusd,usdjpy and audusd.

Files:
gg.ex4  7 kb
gg.mq4  6 kb

arunasd:
Hi again, can you make it this ea work on real account with this script. I did try, but not working I think need connection ea with this script. Yhank you... In the script code is for usdchf, but will be good that script can download for eurusd,gbpusd,usdjpy and audusd.

arunasd

As I remember that EA was made as a kind of a trick to artificially show good results in back test (it is reading the history file directly - uses almost the same thing that can be done with multi time frame indicators when EA "knows" the future except this one is not multi time frame but does very similar thing) and it can not be made to trade on a live account

Reason: