Coding help - page 107

dasio:
Thank you i will check but it's correct for me.

dasio

the code you posted does not have any errors. If you still get a wrong result than it (the error) must be somewhere else

Hi Mladen,

please.....can you add playsound to this indicator that shows Joe Ross'123?

Files:
show123v2.mq4  56 kb

Hi all, can someone please help me with this LGP_Ivanoff_Maloma-Demark_levels indicator. When I attach it to a chart sometimes the arrows are not painted correctly so the indicator is not updated/refreshed unless I switch timeframes. What code can I add to cause it to refresh whenever I attach it to a chart, without having to switch timeframes to force a refresh, and where should I add that code? Thanks. The indicator is attached.

global:
Hi all, can someone please help me with this LGP_Ivanoff_Maloma-Demark_levels indicator. When I attach it to a chart sometimes the arrows are not painted correctly so the indicator is not updated/refreshed unless I switch timeframes. What code can I add to cause it to refresh whenever I attach it to a chart, without having to switch timeframes to force a refresh, and where should I add that code? Thanks. The indicator is attached.

Try it out now

mladen:
Try it out now

Thanks mladen, I saw that you reset the buffers to empty. I'll try it out and let you know how it works. I would never have thought of that. Thanks a million.

I modified Colour RSI with alert by mladen to show stochastic signal line instead, but I have noticed the repeating message in "Experts" tab of Terminal:

Color stoc with alert : invalid integer number as parameter 2 for 'Indicator call' function

I'd really appreciate the answer to this as it is giving me immense log files I have to keep deleting!

also I used the delMTlogs prog to delete logs on XP but doesnt seem to work on Windows 8? is there a way to stop logging altogether?

many thanks,

zigflip:
I modified Colour RSI with alert by mladen to show stochastic signal line instead, but I have noticed the repeating message in "Experts" tab of Terminal:

Color stoc with alert : invalid integer number as parameter 2 for 'Indicator call' function

I'd really appreciate the answer to this as it is giving me immense log files I have to keep deleting!

also I used the delMTlogs prog to delete logs on XP but doesnt seem to work on Windows 8? is there a way to stop logging altogether?

many thanks,

zigflip

This one should work OK (it is a rewritten and a bit modernized (that one was written long time ago )).

PS: the problem in the code was the timeFrame parameter. It was defined as string and used in a place where an integer type parameter was expected in the iStochastic() call

wow thats great, thanks so much!

thats still beyond my knowledge - i wonder if you could do the same for the Williams ratio version I also adapted??

Files:

zigflip:
wow thats great, thanks so much! thats still beyond my knowledge - i wonder if you could do the same for the Williams ratio version I also adapted??

zigflip

If you have a stochastic, you do not need a Williams percentage range. Set the slowing in stochatic to 1, use high/low for price and voila : here is the comparison of such a stochastic (upper) and Williams percentage range (lower) - as you can see the only difference WPR is bellow 0 and stochastic is above 0 - all the rest is exactly the same

Files:

zigflip:
wow thats great, thanks so much! thats still beyond my knowledge - i wonder if you could do the same for the Williams ratio version I also adapted??

In order that you can compare what I explained about wpr and stochastic comparison, here is a color wpr too

Files:
color_wpr.mq4  9 kb
Reason: