Trading mtf in real time - page 3

DeForex, keep it up the great work. I think that you are just scratching the surface on this subject. The potential of where it goes and how it will help so many other trader is huge. It would be a shame to have this thread closed when it already has helped so many. This deal with the moderators just sounds like a misunderstanding. We are all here at this forum to learn. And some to teach and help those who need it. It doesn't matter who's style of Kung Fu is better. What does matter is innovation. Ideals! This is what makes this forum greater then the rest. Am I right?

Codex can you post formula

sorry guys double post.....I forgot DeForex posted it on post #7. again sorry.

deforex247:
Nice approach and I also want to let you know that I have noticed that lag and in that case let me teach you something else. This is how I deal with the lag of trading with higher time frames.

Lets say I want to use 3 cci for 3 timeframes with parameters of 8 and 8 is an even number, instead of converting the parameter in direct proportional form of CCI 4H, CCI 1H, CCI 30MINS

8 8 8

I convert the parameters in an inverse proportional manner

CCI 4H CCI 1H CCI 30 MINS

4 6 8

What did I do here? The higher the time frame the lower the parameter I convert. and the lower the time frame the the higher the parameter. now that gives me a little quicker response from the higher time frame.

There if you must know I don't trade the same parameters of the same Mtf indicators. As I ascend on time frame for confirmation I descend on parameters. And It keeps me in tuned with the higher time frame whether you like it or not. He he he he he. Lets assume I want to add a daily CCI to make it 4 time frames it will be

CCI 30mins CCI 1H CCI 4H CCI D1

8 6 4 2

OR

CCI 30mins CCI 1H CCI 4H CCI D1

8 6 5 3

YOU HAVE A LOT OF OPTIONS TO EXPLORE. IT SOUNDS CRAZY BUT ITS LOGICAL.

Just note that its better when the relationship between your time frames and you indicators should not be directly proportional but inversely proportional.

Thanks

Deedee

Nigeria

VERY COOL THANKS

Hi guys!

Can someone tell me how to use it. if it's possible with screens.

Thanks in advance!

hi

Please go thru other posts from the thread earlier. I think My explanations ae comprehensive. The spreadsheet tells you hoe to use it too.

Thanks

Deedee

Nigeria

Here you go Clon Tron

On the chart I have a 4hr Supertrend on a 1hr chart, with the CCI set to 19. I want to put a 1hr Supertrend on my 1hr chart that will give me the same signal as the 4hr Supertrend. So I open up the Parameter Converter v1 file and I type in the password.

Password= deforexcodex

(Deforex & Codex are the two creators of the Parameter Converter)

I then go to the HIGH TIME FRAME HERE BOX and type in the High time from of the indicator I want to convert from. In this case it is the 4hr. I then go to the ENTER HIGH TIME FRAME INDICATOR PARAMETER 1 BOX and type in the parameter my 4hr indicator is set to. In this case it is 19. Then I go to the ENTER LOW TIME FRAME INDICATOR PARAMETER BOX and enter the time frame of the indicator that I want to use. In this case it is the 1hr. Then I look at the EQUIVALENT PARAMETER BOX to get my setting for the 1hr indicator. I then change the 4hr Supertrend 19 cci to a 1hr Supertrend 76 cci and I get a SuperTrend that give the same signal as the 4hr with out the repaint of a 4hr.

I get a SuperTrend that give the same signal as the 4hr with out the repaint of a 4hr.

ismael360:
On the chart I have a 4hr Supertrend on a 1hr chart, with the CCI set to 19. I want to put a 1hr Supertrend on my 1hr chart that will give me the same signal as the 4hr Supertrend. So I open up the Parameter Converter v1 file and I type in the password.

Password= deforexcodex

I then go to the HIGH TIME FRAME HERE BOX and type in the High time from of the indicator I want to convert from. In this case it is the 4hr. I then go to the ENTER HIGH TIME FRAME INDICATOR PARAMETER 1 BOX and type in the parameter my 4hr indicator is set to. In this case it is 19. Then I go to the ENTER LOW TIME FRAME INDICATOR PARAMETER BOX and enter the time frame of the indicator that I want to use. In this case it is the 1hr. Then I look at the EQUIVALENT PARAMETER BOX to get my setting for the 1hr indicator. I then change the 4hr Supertrend 19 cci to a 1hr Supertrend 76 cci and I get a SuperTrend that give the same signal as the 4hr with out the repaint of a 4hr.

Thanks Ismael for helping out. Am happy to see that the converter is helping out.

Actually codex and JTG inspired me to create this because we were researching a trading system that involved Multi time frames on another thread and this idea struck me, Thats when codex suggested I start a new thread which gave birth to this thread. So his name is in the password cos the availability of this thread was as a result of his suggestion.

Thanks

Deedee

Nigera

Thanks DeForex, I had a question and I hope it isn't a stupid question. But in post #19 you talk about how to tweak lag on a indicator. And I was wondering is it possible to come up with a system for this and possible a Lag Converter?

Even Simple Average doesn't work.

Even simple moving averages don't equal when multiplied. Put a 20 simple moving average on the 4 hour chart. Check the value. Then put a 320 moving average on the 15 min. chart. I am checking the UDS/JPY and there is consistently 1/10th of a yen difference. If even simple moving averages don't work when multiplied one has to wonder if any indicators can be multiplied.

good luck,

gcgman

Reason: