Firebird v63G - page 29

AlphaPip:
All,

The Good News for me, is that I disabled the EA prior to yesterday's FOMC meeting, so I have not been hit with the losses that many have mentioned over the last 24 hours.

The Bad News, is that I rebooted and restarted the EA about 4 hours later, but it has not executed any trades since.

Hendrick/Wackena - I know you've probably seen this post on the other thread, so I apologize for the repitition.

If anyone has any suggestions, please advise!

If your Expert Advisor feature is activated and you have all charts with Smiling Faces, then I would think the EA has not found conditions right to place an order.

Also, you want to check that your Broker's server is running. Several times this past week, InterbankFX has been offline or has been connected, but Market Watch clock was not running.

Wackena

Wackena:
If your Expert Advisor feature is activated and you have all charts with Smiling Faces, then I would think the EA has not found conditions right to place an order.

Also, you want to check that your Broker's server is running. Several times this past week, InterbankFX has been offline or has been connected, but Market Watch clock was not running.

Wackena

Good Call, Wackena. I am with IBFX, and just received an email regarding their server outages today. Should be back to normal next week, but from what I've read about Firebird's performance today..... I should be thanking my lucky stars.

Firebird is dangerous. I have been testing this EA for the past few months and it does GREAT until NEWS causes trending then all the previous weeks gains are gone in an instant. I have tried taming this beast for a number of months and have now given up. Sorry, I want an EA that is consistent and not going to destroy gains that took weeks to build in a matter of a day or two.

You can try to turn the EA off when big news happens, but sometimes you don't always know when the news is going to start trending.

Good luck, all, but imho this EA just does not work.

However, you could try to only use it on weeks that are slow with very little important economic news. That might be the only use for it. Quick gains then get out quick!!

holyguy7:
Firebird is dangerous. I have been testing this EA for the past few months and it does GREAT until NEWS causes trending then all the previous weeks gains are gone in an instant. I have tried taming this beast for a number of months and have now given up. Sorry, I want an EA that is consistent and not going to destroy gains that took weeks to build in a matter of a day or two.

You can try to turn the EA off when big news happens, but sometimes you don't always know when the news is going to start trending.

However, you could try to only use it on weeks that are slow with very little important economic news. That might be the only use for it. Quick gains then get out quick!!

Hey Holy those are some harsh words about an EA that i think has major potential...

As you know taming requires patience... Maybe you can share your taming strategies and maybe input from others like myself can get your puppy tamed...

Also consider that News will cause a break in any mechanical market...

holyguy7:

Eaxctly!!!!!!!!

The original Firebird (known as Copperchip's Method) is supposed to be traded on daily charts with deep pockets. It was devised by a professional money manager from UK. It has decent returns if you use daily charts and use some reasonable leverage. It is one of the few systems that I bought and actually works!!!!

I am trying to code this Feature and would appreciate any assistance

In the latest version there is a Safe1 and Dealtime variable that I would like to re-use to create my Close Open Trades

The construct looks like this:

// Close Open Trades when Trades Disable & Not Safe To Trade

if((Safe1!=1)&&(DealTime==2)) // Safe1!=1 means Trades Disable and Dealtime==2 means Not Safe To Trade

{

OrderClose(order_id,1,Ask,3,Red);

return(0);

}

Whats missing from the code above is:

1. After checking Safe1 and Dealtime it must then look-up the stoploss value for each open order and if the current market price is moving to half of the stoploss value then execute the OrderClose for that specific ticket...

Anyone wants to help

Marvin,

Do you have a numerical example to understand that moving of the stop loss better?

Maji:
Marvin, Do you have a numerical example to understand that moving of the stop loss better?

I guess you are asking for something like this:

EUR/USD

Order Price----S/L---------T/P---------CurrentPrice------P&L

1.2744--------1.2704------1.2764------1.2724-----------$-100.00

In the example above the Open Trade has reached 50% mark of the S/L, at that current price, if the Safe1 & Dealtime value match, Then Close the Open Trade

Getting alot closer now

I have added this:

if ((Safe1!=1)&&(DealTime==2)) {

for (int i=OrdersTotal()-1; i>=0; i--) {

if (OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES)) {

if (OrderSymbol()==Symbol()) {

if (OrderType()==OP_BUY) {

pBid=MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_BID);

OrderClose(OrderTicket(), OrderLots(), pBid, slip, clCloseBuy);

}

if (OrderType()==OP_SELL) {

pAsk=MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(), MODE_ASK);

OrderClose(OrderTicket(), OrderLots(), pAsk, slip, clCloseSell);

}

}

}

}

}

In a Back Test I see it closing the OpenTrades, but I need to add the STOPLOSS Lookup Feature, because Its closing trades that have POSITIVE GAINS, when the Safe1 and DealTime variables are matched....

So Stoploss has to be the 3rd trap... I will forward this next week once i get it working...

Again everyone is idea having some control over Existing open trades during when the Market becomes Volitile... If a Trade is going to STOP I rather it Stop Halfway rather than 100%. Atleast when the market recovers you dont have alot to make up...

Thanks

Here you can see the difference in behaviour between Phoenix and Firebird for the USDCHF when things are getting rough:

Firebird was placing 3 BUYS, all stopped out.

Phoenix is waiting for the right moment, made 3 SELLS which all hit the TP.

Nice?

Reason: