EA BAsed on Heiken ASHI - page 6

OK, Now what.

I Changed everything to what you said, Nothing changed and then I checked and got this mess.

2008.10.22 07:55:26 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators\Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed.ex4' on the GBPUSD,H1

BlueWhale:
I Changed everything to what you said, Nothing changed and then I checked and got this mess. 2008.10.22 07:55:26 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\FXDD - MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators\Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed.ex4' on the GBPUSD,H1

For me it is working fine on IBFX demo....

By the way did u put the number of lots in the settings

Update your mt4 version too

hi

Expert heiken ashi have to be so

If you start a green candle = Long

If the sequence of green candles candle comes less than a previous port income Matriyd

And if the color red candle = sign Eshurt

Works well on most Cimady Majors

I do not know to write Expert mt4

If you can do so please

Thanks in advance

I am not sure if this has been fixed at all, and I am not able to code it at the moment since I am just starting to learn this stuff.

But to prevent it from trading right away couldn't you just tell it to trade when there is a change from blue to red or vice versa, not just trade based on the color but based on the change in color.

So say on start up it checks the color and it is blue, then it does not trade until blue switches to red. So if there was a way to have it just check current color on start up then take a trade when it changes would that solve it?

I am sure a lot easier said than done just trying to help with ideas because I think this could be a decent EA. Thanks for the effort simplecoders!

Ben

Thanks to all

I first came accross the HA indicator in the back issues of Tech Analysis of Stocks & Commodities, and being a Candlestick fan was intrigued.

I've been trying to learn to program, just so I could do what you are all doing here. Thanks for sharing and helping others, I'm looking forward to checking how this works out.

From hours of looking at HA charts I will share a few observations:

1)If you superimpose regular CS on smoothed HA candles, it's a little scarey because you immediately see how sudden changes show up delayedl... Thus the theoretical usefulness of an T3 type "no lag" exponential ma or enter on a small time frame and ride the indicator on a longer tf.

2) Pick pairs carefully, and might be useful to look at times when the colors don't change a lot to avid being whipsawed. Obviously better in trending markets. It's possible to manipulate the indicator to cover up the "hash" and make the color changes clear and consistent, but if the underlying market is chaotic rather than trending it can get you into some aweful trades. Thus best to avoid chaotic newstimes etc. as it doesn't do well with short dramatic moves. And of course, a really great EXIT STRATEGY for just those times. (Get out quick and let the long ones run). A moving avg-based exit strategy probably too slow. PSAR-based strategy looks promising... Comments welcomed!

3)The smoothed HA also appears to smooth the wicks, which often go from long to short before a change in direction of trend. It seems a custom indicator could be written for this which could give an advnce warning signal of trend change. Being price-based it might be earlier than the oscillators

Soquell

Hey guys... This may sound weird to some people... But I've been history testing the Heiken Ashi Smoothed on the M1 EURUSD charts. It's too soon to tell, but so far it has looked very promising. I know it is a simple, straight forward concept of just 1 indicator, but most of the time, simple is better in my experience.

So here is what I propose: Someone make a very simple EA on these parameters:

- Use only 1 indicator, Heiken Ashi Smoothed.

- Use only on 1 chart, EURUSD M1.

- TP and SL is the same and is set when the heiken changes color. For example, if Heiken turns green, open a buy, and when it turns red, close the trade whether its in positive or negative, and open a sell... and vice versa.

Again, I have looked back a ways on this and it MAY turn out to be promising. I hope anyone with a basic knowledge of coding EAs can make this one quick.

Thanks a lot, and I will forward test it on a demo and keep everyone up to date on the progress, if someone wouldn't mind making it.

PLEASE HELP, I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO PROGRAM AN EA!

Eliminating chop on mixed colour bars

I think the Heiken-AShi /FX Prime EA would work much better if:

1.It did not trade on "half and half" bars which are both red and blue.

2. It did not trade again after taking a profit on a trailing stop.

After that , there may be some hope.

Could someone modify it?

Well is there anybody,who has good experience with fxprime...im testing it on forex meta demo account,and still it didnt trade.... any ideas?

MTF heikin ashi

hello everyone!

i was just wondering if someone would be able or interested in making an EA for the MTF_heikin_ashi indicator. I have not seen this indicator repaint and from looking at past charts it appears to be overall successful, without using any kind of money management system, but just wanted to get some different opinions. I use the indicator on a 5 min chart with 5, 15, and 30 min heikin ashi indicator. looking for buys/sells when all indications agree (all indicators - green line completely above red line and candle closed) closing the position when the green line just touches the red line on the 5 min indicator, since that is the one that will always change first.

i was also thinking of adding like a progression money management system of like increasing lot size by like 25% or something per trade.

thanks for all your input

Files:

That seems like a nice strategy.

Mind sharing results?

Reason: