Price cross EA with entry on the break of a bar close pass the MA!!??

No idea is this the place to ask but here is the deal:

Is there a price crossing MA EA with the following:

BUY set up:

1. Price crossing certain MA

2. BAR CLOSING PASS THE MA

3. Entry on the break of the high of the closed bar with variable for how many pips from the high

The Sell has reversed rules

Of course number of trades, trading hours, cancel orders on the opposite cross, SL, TP, Trailing, MM % and fixed lots MM would be great additions!

It will be better if there are settings for two extra MA's but most important is the close of the bar pass the MA and the entry certain pip distance from the high of the bar. This way lots of fake crossings would be filtered.

hello, anybody!!!

fxdummie:
No idea is this the place to ask but here is the deal:

Is there a price crossing MA EA with the following:

BUY set up:

1. Price crossing certain MA

2. BAR CLOSING PASS THE MA

3. Entry on the break of the high of the closed bar with variable for how many pips from the high

The Sell has reversed rules

Of course number of trades, trading hours, cancel orders on the opposite cross, SL, TP, Trailing, MM % and fixed lots MM would be great additions!

It will be better if there are settings for two extra MA's but most important is the close of the bar pass the MA and the entry certain pip distance from the high of the bar. This way lots of fake crossings would be filtered.

Hello Fxdummie,

How about a breakout of the close from a high or low ma plus or minus pip distance, wouldn't that be the same?

What you suggest is a technique for getting earlier in case there is a huge momentum and price runs away and closes far from the MA. Yeah, sounds smarter!

fxdummie:
What you suggest is a technique for getting earlier in case there is a huge momentum and price runs away and closes far from the MA. Yeah, sounds smarter!

Was only thinking of it code wise, would make it easier to code, anyway that's what i did with this version, its using by default settings a high low ma channel breakout, anyway try this and see what you think.Most of the settings you probably know,but just in case,

extern double MaximumRisk = 0; // greater than zero money management will be on, if used would recommend something like .025.

extern double DecreaseFactor = 3;// this the how many losses in a row before Ea will resort back to smaller lot size.

extern int clTimeframe = 0; // close timeframe, should match upper and lower ma timeframes

extern int clBartoTest = 1; // this is the close bar if set to one will be the first closed bar, 2 second closed bar and so on, if set to 0 will be on the open bar.(risky)

extern int maHiTimeframe = 0; //adjustable timeframe

extern int maHiBartoTest = 1; // 1 = upper ma closed bar and 0 = bar is still open(risky)

extern int maHiPeriod = 25; // upper ma period

extern int maHiShift = 0; // upper ma shift

extern int maHiMode = MODE_LWMA; // upper ma types 0 = sma,1=ema,2=ssma, and 3 = lwma

extern int maHiPrice = PRICE_HIGH; // upper price have it set on High for the upper breakout

extern int maLoTimeframe = 0; // lower ma adjustable timeframe

extern int maLoBartoTest = 1; // lower ma closed bar and 0 = bar is still open(risky)

extern int maLoPeriod = 25; // lower ma period

extern int maLoShift = 0; // lower ma shift

extern int maLoMode = MODE_LWMA; lower ma type: 0 = sma,1=ema,2=ssma, and 3 = lwma

extern int maLoPrice = PRICE_LOW; // lower ma price

extern double pipDistance = 5; // pip distance from ma break out.

I didn't play with the fancy MA channel - just tested it with pips distance (check my settings 2-8-2013test.set). If you look at the picture the tester counts the pending orders for trades.

And also, If you look at my first post - the EA should cancel the pending buy order once the price crosses back under the MA (or the MA channel). Thanks for your time!

fxdummie:
I didn't play with the fancy MA channel - just tested it with pips distance (check my settings 2-8-2013test.set). If you look at the picture the tester counts the pending orders for trades.

And also, If you look at my first post - the EA should cancel the pending buy order once the price crosses back under the MA (or the MA channel). Thanks for your time!

The Ea doesn't place pending orders, seems I missed that part, before i continue on what I need from you is some forward testing results of this method, whether it be by manual testing or whatever.

Your chart explanation was great, but the forward tests are needed before i continue on, and hopefully you will be able to provide that. Just no way to create an EA for every idea out there

Reason: