Need a help to combine PCCI and MA and add alert on it.

Hello

I need a help to combine PCCI and Moving Average and add alert on it.

This combination works nice as an exit indicator and an early signal on GU 30 min. But you know, to watch the chart all day long is boring, but if I didn't do it, sometime I miss the signal. Can someone here please combine those indicator and add an alert in it so it will tell me everytime they cross each other? To add an arrow in it is a good idea too. Hopefully we can choose which type of MA to be attached and how many period of it then. Below is my screenshoot.

Thank you

Files:

deleted.. it seems nobody need it

Devil2000

What is the time period do you want the MA to be. Also what do you want the alert to be triggered? I mean when one line crosses above and below?

Let me know if I can help.

Mis B. Havin':
Devil2000

What is the time period do you want the MA to be. Also what do you want the alert to be triggered? I mean when one line crosses above and below?

Let me know if I can help.

Hello Mis B. Havin'

Currently I'm working on 10 period of EMA. But it is preferable if there will be an option about MA period in this indicator. What I need is an alert once every cross no matter crosses above or below.

Thank you

I dont think you would be able to do it because you have overlaid the 2 indicators over each other say for example the 10ma for eur would be

1.3277 and the pcci would be 50 never the twain shall meet

program wise you would never get a cross although visally they cross on your chart

Perky:
I dont think you would be able to do it because you have overlaid the 2 indicators over each other say for example the 10ma for eur would be

1.3277 and the pcci would be 50 never the twain shall meet

program wise you would never get a cross although visally they cross on your chart

Hi Perky,

The yellow line is an Eksponential Moving Average of the PCCI not an Eksponential Moving Average of the price.

Attach PCCI indicator to the chart and drag MA indicator over the PCCI sub window, put 10 as period, eksponential as method and apply to "previous indicator data". I hope it's clear.

Thank you

hmmm I wonder how you would code that... interesting

sorry its a bit beyond me

Perky:
hmmm I wonder how you would code that... interesting sorry its a bit beyond me

I can't , that's why I'm asking for help from coders here.

In theory, regular MA take the price as an object for it's calculation. In my case, I want the value of PCCI replace the price for MA calculation, but when I saw PCCI's code, i don't know how to do it.

I'm waiting for Mis B. Havin' right know, but if other coder care to help me too, I'll be pleased.

trade every cross?

Devil2000:
Hi Perky,

The yellow line is an Eksponential Moving Average of the PCCI not an Eksponential Moving Average of the price.

Attach PCCI indicator to the chart and drag MA indicator over the PCCI sub window, put 10 as period, eksponential as method and apply to "previous indicator data". I hope it's clear.

Thank you

HI devil..

do you take Open Position for every PCCI cross the ema 10 ? or do you have other filters ? actualy i used indicator like yours.. i used RSI and moving average in 5minutes chart for scalping.

wedus balap:
HI devil.. do you take Open Position for every PCCI cross the ema 10 ? or do you have other filters ? actualy i used indicator like yours.. i used RSI and moving average in 5minutes chart for scalping.

Hi wedus balap, are you Indonesian? your nick sounds funny

I don't take every cross. As I said before, I use it as an exit indicator in a trending day and an early signal on GU 30 min. I use another indicator and higher timeframe to filtering whipsaws. I don't know if we can scalp using this, after all, I don't like scalping

ha..ha

Devil2000:
Hi wedus balap, are you Indonesian? your nick sounds funny I don't take every cross. As I said before, I use it as an exit indicator in a trending day and an early signal on GU 30 min. I use another indicator and higher timeframe to filtering whipsaws. I don't know if we can scalp using this, after all, I don't like scalping

yes.. i am indonesian.. great name for rica rica.. do you know that? ha..ha..

agree with you... it's danger if we used this indicator alone. i use higher timeframe to filtering my scalp too.. ok.. God bless you... devil !! ha..ha

Reason: